Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. (3871 Views)

500g So Rooted Plantain Flour And Oat Meal For Sale for #285 / Tshally Oat Meal... / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by Priceless200(f): 9:00am On Sep 03, 2016
All my life I have hated Oats, gosh! No taste, until recently, after hearing much about it, and with lots of recommendations, I now kinda love it, but it's tiring having to just prepare it same way everytime, who is in same shoe with me? I want more practical ways of preparing oat dishes (not theories please, show us with pictures, how you did it)...
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by JuanDeDios: 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
Priceless200:
All my life I have hated Oats, gosh! No taste, until recently, after hearing much about it, and with lots of recommendations, I now kinda love it, but it's tiring having to just prepare it same way everytime, who is in same shoe with me? I want more practical ways of preparing oat dishes (not theories please, show us with pictures, how you did it)...
Well, I could marry you! I'm an oats person. I ate oats this morning. I ate oats yesterday. I eat oats almost every day. I dealt with its tastelessness and tiresomeness long ago. I've learnt to use dates, almonds, raisins, and syrups. I also use cinnamon powder, although that doesn't really enhance the taste; it enhances its flavour and nutritional attributes. Some people use salt to deal with tastelessness and I think that is quite okay, but my real aces are whole milk and syrups. I actually look forward to my oats and akara or oats and moi and moi breakfast nowadays.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by Priceless200(f): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Well, I could marry you! I'm an oats person. I ate oats this morning. I ate oats yesterday. I eat oats almost every day. I dealt with its tastelessness and tiresomeness long ago. I've learnt to use dates, almonds, raisins, and syrups. I also use cinnamon powder, although that doesn't really enhance the taste; it enhances its flavour and nutritional attributes. Some people use salt to deal with tastelessness and I think that is quite okay, but my real aces are whole milk and syrups. I actually look forward to my oats and akara or oats and moi and moi breakfast nowadays.
Wow! Interesting,.. Just pop the question @ bolded.... Maybe you can share some recipe and pictures, I will like to explore more about Oats, heard it's a very much preferable healthy food... And I like experimenting with foods, I have tried cooking with fresh fruits, Apple, banana, honey etc.. Let's share more. Thank you
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by mizGene(f): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
I should be a quaker oats ambassador if only they knew. I can eat it morn and night. I use all sort to spice it up; very lil salt, crushed/mixed seeds, mashed bananas/apples/pears, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, milk (always, won't eat without it) strawberries, honey. Not all together of course lol!
Eat with beans, moimoi,akara and alone. Infact most times I just eat it as a fast/sustenance meal. I easily go through a pack in a week especially when I'm too lazy/stressed to cook proper meals.
Unfortunately no pics,lost them all....
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by Priceless200(f): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
mizGene:
I should be a quaker oats ambassador if only they knew. I can eat it morn and night. I use all sort to spice it up; very lil salt, crushed/mixed seeds, mashed bananas/apples/pears, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, milk (always, won't eat without it) strawberries, honey. Not all together of course lol!
Eat with beans, moimoi,akara and alone. Infact most times I just eat it as a fast/sustenance meal. I easily go through a pack in a week especially when I'm too lazy/stressed to cook proper meals.
Unfortunately no pics,lost them all....
Hahahahahaha... Don't worry we will make you one here on Nairaland. From now get pictures, cook more Oats, post them here, the thread is for you our dear ambassador..*winks.... I am so eager to learn... Heard you can make cookies with it. Have you tried it before. Even pancake, try it out please...

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by beetle24(f): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2016
Oatmeal is hubby first "swallow favorite " yes swallow process it in d dry mill, cook it same way u make amala and voila, food is ready....
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by beetle24(f): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2016
Oatmeal is hubby first "swallow favorite " yes swallow process it in d dry mill, cook it same way u make amala and voila, food is ready.... more healthy than wheatmeal
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by HerbalPro: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Oat is rich in fiber, nutritious and filling. A very nice meal for breakfast. It's also possible to get bored with just plain oatmeal so here are some recipes to spice up your taste buds.

First, you can combine oatmeal with coconut milk and mango. Sprinkle roasted cashew nuts when you are about to eat.

Also, you can make your oatmeal and sliced bananas on top. Imagine the sweet taste of such combination.

Dried fruits and oatmeal is also a very interesting combination. Make your oatmeal and add a handful of dried fruits.

One thing peanut butter is good for is assisting in weight loss. Add a spoon of peanut butter to your oatmeal. You can also garnish this with grapes

One of our favorite. Oatmeal, pineapple and grape both of which are known as nutritious weight loss agents.

If you are truly daring, you can combine oatmeal with slices of Avocado and fried egg. Yes, all in one plate!. It may look messy but it's highly nutritious and filling.

For healthy weight loss please visit www.herbalpro.com
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by JuanDeDios: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
Priceless200:

Wow! Interesting,.. Just pop the question @ bolded.... Maybe you can share some recipe and pictures, I will like to explore more about Oats, heard it's a very much preferable healthy food... And I like experimenting with foods, I have tried cooking with fresh fruits, Apple, banana, honey etc.. Let's share more. Thank you

Wow, I'm likely to one of these days! Watch out for me.

I like to experiment with different types of food too. Looking forward to more of your food threads. I started making my own meals not too long ago after it became clear to me that most of the restaurants in my local government area had taken counsel to commence the process of killing me gradually.

You’re right about the healthfulness of oats. Sorry, I’m a bit dumb with cameras but hee’s what I put in my morning oats. I add a tablespoon of maple syrup (that stuff is hard to get in Lagos nowadays, so I’m forced to substitute some other syrup) and a tablespoon and half of evaporated whole milk. That completely takes care of the tastelessness. I’m a health conscious eater but I’ve figured out that milk is good for my body type, and I don’t eat this every day. If you have any concerns about whole milk you can use skimmed milk but since that doesn’t deal with the tastelessness as effectively you’d have to use more syrup. (Skimmed milk is not really a good health option too.) Or honey. I don’t use it for my oats but it may be good for you. I think these are better than salt because they provide a better creamy taste. Besides, Nigerians eat too much salt already. Then I throw in either dates (dried) or raisins or raw almonds (peeled) – for something to chew. Plus these three items are superhealthy. I usually take it with either akara, or moi moi, or blackeyed peas, or sautéed peas and mushrooms, or red kidney beans since I like my breakfast to carry me till about four when I eat my second and last meal of the day.

I just read your other thread. I haven’t got round to this “oatmeal” thing yet, but I’ll sure like to try it with vegetable soup sometime. Wish I could get a bag like that one to send to my mom. I guess I should check to those Lebanese shops at Opebi.

@Italics. Tried pineapple before? It's great.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by JuanDeDios: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Bolded
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by Priceless200(f): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2016
Hey guys I think there is mix up, dunno how this thread is two... Here is the original thread...

[Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... - Food - Nigeria] https://www.nairaland.com/3326629/oats-oats-oats-oat-meal
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by Priceless200(f): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Wow, I'm likely to one of these days! Watch out for me.

I like to experiment with different types of food too. Looking forward to more of your food threads. I started making my own meals not too long ago after it became clear to me that most of the restaurants in my local government area had taken counsel to commence the process of killing me gradually.

You’re right about the healthfulness of oats. Sorry, I’m a bit dumb with cameras but here’s what I put in my morning oats. I add a tablespoon of maple syrup (that stuff is hard to get in Lagos nowadays, so I’m forced to substitute some other syrup) and a tablespoon and half of evaporated whole milk. That completely takes care of the tastelessness. I’m a health conscious eater but I’ve figured out that milk is good for my body type, and I don’t eat this every day. If you have any concerns about whole milk you can use skimmed milk but since that doesn’t deal with the tastelessness as effectively you’d have to use more syrup. (Skimmed milk is not really a good health option too.) Or honey. I don’t use it for my oats but it may be good for you. I think these are better than salt because they provide a better creamy taste. Besides, Nigerians eat too much salt already. Then I throw in either dates (dried) or raisins or raw almonds (pilled) – for something to chew. Plus these three items are superhealthy. I usually take it with either akara, or moi moi, or blackeyed peas, or sautéed peas and mushrooms, or red kidney beans since I like my breakfast to carry me till about four when I eat my second and last meal of the day.

I just read your other thread. I haven’t got round to this “oatmeal” thing yet, but I’ll sure like to try it with vegetable soup sometime. Wish I could get a bag like that one to send to my mom. I guess I should check to those Lebanese shops at Opebi.

@Italics. Tried pineapple before? It's great.
So glad at your post, you seem a passionate person in the kitchen.. Please post on that other thread, didn't even notice the thread was two, and to think I ve been commenting on both, maybe cause I always click and quote on 'mentions' from notifications... Mitchew!!! I need a little spanking. I will try your recipes.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by JuanDeDios: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Priceless200:
So glad at your lost, you seem a passionate person in the kitchen.. Please post on that other thread, didn't even notice the thread was two, and to think I ve been commenting on both, maybe cause I always click and quote on 'mentions' from notifications... Mitchew!!! I need a little spanking. I will try your recipes.
Lol @ bolded. @blue: I can do that! No canes (promise), just a back pat. smiley

The two threads seem to have grown, so I guess it's a bit late to try to consolidate them. I apologise for posting here but it was the one that showed up in my thread.

Don't mind the voltron I'm forming here o. I'm a learner. I used to avoid the kitchen until I decided to adopt a micronutrient-rich, pH diet, which you can't get at the restaurant. I'm also lucky to work from home for now, so I can spend the time I used to spend in traffic making my food. Even then, some of my approaches are still unorthodox. For example, I never roll up my swallows into balls - once it's done I commence eating. I still had to phone my sister yesterday to ask how she makes her garden egg sauce for yams; she had a hearty laugh at me. And the moimoi and akara are purchased; I make the others. But I think I'm passionate about anything I do.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. by HerbalPro: 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
Saw this recipe and am going to try it soon.

So I saw this recipe and I am going to try it. Its Banana-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw sugar(but i will be using honey)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup plain soy milk
1/2 ripe banana, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped peanut (very good for weight loss)
1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together oil and soy milk in a separate bowl. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir to combine. Fold in banana, peanut, and dark chocolate chips

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto pan with a small ice-cream scoop. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning baking sheet halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack.

Can't wait!

(1) (Reply)

Cocoa Powder For Sale At The Pioneering And Only Cocoa Industry In Osun State / Do You Know This Spice Called Xylopia Aethiopica? / Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.