Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation (3873 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates / Anambra Rice In Circulation, Sells For N9,000 Per Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
This happened few days ago. I and my gf were eating salad and suddenly she noticed the wrap of the mayonnaise is peeling off and decided to peel it all off only to find out that the BAMA mayonnaise we bought wasn't actually bama. Who knows maybe it's even an expired product from other countries. Nigerians should please be watchful and beware of what we buy and eat. The government has failed us, we also shouldn't fail ourselves in ensuring we eat safe.

Below are the pics. Please mods do the needful ASAP so people can be aware of it.

Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by chocolateme(f): 9:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Another unknown strange disease loading
Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
More pics

Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
chocolateme:
Another unknown strange disease loading
ahan... Strange disease for where? Lol
Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by udysweet(f): 3:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Nawa o,tins sha dey happen. My former boss' shop on the island was sealed due to smtn like dis. He imports Lena products,among wch was baked beans. One of his boys whom had served and was on his own was suplied dis products,he went on to change d label to Laser products jus to sell off faster. Dis tins do hapn a lot:get a cheaper prooduct,pass it off as a popular brand.
@op it might not be fake r expired ,jus soom unpopular brand. And by d way Bama usually has dos screw on plastic cap wit bama inscribed on it(frm d ones I buy o,I might be wrng sha,lol)
Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
udysweet:
Nawa o,tins sha dey happen. My former boss' shop on the island was sealed due to smtn like dis. He imports Lena products,among wch was baked beans. One of his boys whom had served and was on his own was suplied dis products,he went on to change d label to Laser products jus to sell off faster. Dis tins do hapn a lot:get a cheaper prooduct,pass it off as a popular brand.
@op it might not be fake r expired ,jus soom unpopular brand. And by d way Bama usually has dos screw on plastic cap wit bama inscribed on it(frm d ones I buy o,I might be wrng sha,lol)
thank God I'm not the only one who's noticed this. God help us all anyways.

Don't know why the mods haven't moved this to front page yet just to inform people to be cautious. Assuming na tonto dike or olajumoke matter now, e for don hit fp

1 Like

Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by mykeljosef: 10:55am On Nov 29, 2016
lala please move this to the fp

i just bought one like this
i scanned the barcode n it didnt bring any result on line
Nigerians should be careful of what we buy this Season also cpc(consumer protection) should investigate this

Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Tynasparks(f): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
If you wanna buy the smallest bama size buy the plastic/rubber container own thats the original one....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Vision4God: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
God keep us healthy
Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by admindim: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
ok nw
Re: Alert: Fake/expired Mayonnaise Is Circulation by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
ThesonofMark:
You can't even tame your hair. cheesy

You have nowhere else to go, cupcake - you live on Nairaland; more specifically, you sleep in this section.
Wrong. I've given nairaland a good break.
And I frequate this section 2
it has less topics 2 comment on and people 2 chat with though

(1) (Reply)

Catering School In Abeokuta Needed / What's The One Food You Can Prepare That Will Always Be A Hit? / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.