Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Channels Tv And Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels Tv And Edo Election (1994 Views)

Channels TV Likes A Post Discrediting Lai Mohammed & Lauretta Onochie On Twitter / Arewa Youth Secretary Speaking On Channels TV (Photo) / Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Channels Tv And Edo Election by naija2dabone(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello House,

I have noticed that channels TV air campaigns of APC while I have never seen them air that of PDP being broadcast.

Have any one seen PDP rally on channels?
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by emmy4lov(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ow I'm not alone..! Politics..

4 Likes

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Alphaoscar: 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
naija2dabone:

Hello House,

I have noticed that channels TV air campaigns of APC while I have never seen them air that of PDP being broadcast.

You think channels is a charity TV station ? If your party is ready to pay channels too is ready to broadcast it.

The main Koko is MONEY.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
naija2dabone:

Hello House,

Have you seen Obaseki's adverts on AIT? Isn't it obvious to you that politicians air their adverts on TV stations of their choice? By the way, Channels is holding a debate for the candidates tomorrow and Iyamu is going to take part in it. Does that give you the fact you seek?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by GBTYO: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alphaoscar:

You think channels is a charity TV station ? If your party is ready to pay channels too is ready to broadcast it.

The main Koko is MONEY.

The electoral act mandates that all media outlets must provide equal airing of political ads and campaigns.

That aside where is the Edo APC getting money to air their campaigns? Is it from the 100 naira stipend they claim their 15million strong zombie army pays into their account or is this another Dasuki gate Edo version?

1 Like

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Franchise21(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hwz that my business? Afterall, AIT only aired adverts of Transformation last year and never even aired d shadow of d effects of Change Nigerians re currently suffering

2 Likes

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Alphaoscar: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
GBTYO:

The electoral act mandates that all media outlets must provide equal airing of political ads and campaigns.

That aside where is the Edo APC getting money to air their campaigns? Is it from the 100 naira stipend they claim their 15million strong zombie army pays into their account or is this another Dasuki gate Edo version?

Don't muddle them together bro. Getting equal reportage is different to programme sponsorship. Dokpesi is a PDP leader and from Edo state, It is natural for the party to patronize him and his stations more than others while APC will spend their money more on their own friendly stations.

It only becomes a crime if any station decide to shut its door against other parties when it comes to political reportage and sponsored programs . As at now there is no evidence that Edo PDP is ready to patronize Channels at the expense of AIT talk less of channels turning them down.

Your other question as regards the source of APCs campaign funds, you will do better to channel your question to the leadership of the party and don't forget to extend the same question to PDP and other parties.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by GBTYO: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Don't muddle them together bro. Getting equal reportage is different to programme sponsorship. Dokpesi is a PDP leader and from Edo state, It is natural for the party to patronize him and his stations more than others while APC will spend their money more on their own friendly stations.

It only becomes a crime if any station decide to shut its door against other parties when it comes to political reportage and sponsored programs . As at now there is no evidence that Edo PDP is ready to patronize Channels at the expense of AIT talk less of channels turning them down.

Your other question as regards the source of APCs campaign funds, you will do better to channel your question to the leadership of the party and don't forget to extend the same question to PDP and other parties.

The law maintains that no media outlet will give unfair coverage to any political party above another.

There is also a limit on what can be charged for airing broadcasts of political rallies and ads.
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Alphaoscar: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
GBTYO:

The law maintains that no media outlet will give unfair coverage to any political party above another.

There is also a limit on what can be charged for airing broadcasts of political rallies and ads.

You can't relate that to sponsored programs . Coverage and airing of political campaigns and rallies are mainly based on sponsorship bro. If PDP want Channels or TVC to air their campaign and rallies they will have to pay and ready to meet their terms and condition . Chikena

1 Like

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by GBTYO: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alphaoscar:

You can't relate that to sponsored programs . Coverage and airing of political campaigns and rallies are mainly based on sponsorship bro. If PDP want Channels or TVC to air their campaign and rallies they will have to pay and ready to meet their terms and condition . Chikena

There is a law regulating everything from campaign donations to how much a party can spend in campaigns.

There is also a law that stipulates that all political parties get fair and equal coverage at the same cost.

Brush up on the electoral laws.
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Alphaoscar: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
GBTYO:

There is a law regulating everything from campaign donations to how much a party can spend in campaigns.

There is also a law that stipulates that all political parties get fair and equal coverage at the same cost.

Its like you are not getting my point so I just have to zoom to other threads maybe someone else can be gracious enough to help you out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by walemoney007(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Its like you are not getting my point so I just have to zoom to other threads maybe someone else can be gracious enough to help you out.
bro please stop replying that guy,,,cause he is daft and dull.....with your explanation he is still typing nonsense .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by walemoney007(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
GBTYO:

even with all the explanation that guy gave you,you still no understand.....do you want him to write it in a paper and glue it to your brainundecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Alphaoscar: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
walemoney007:
bro please stop replying that guy,,,cause he is daft and dull.....with your explanation he is still typing nonsense .

I think the bros is just naturally slow.
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by deeoh(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
naija2dabone:

Hello House,

same with NTA. PDP is in deep crisis indeed!
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Tokt: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
GBTYO:

Ignoramus....... U are just shouting law law law every where. Can u prove that u indeed know what u are saying by referring us to the exact law and what sections under which law the above bolded is succinctly written. I wait.
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by GBTYO: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
Tokt:

Ignoramus....... U are just shouting law law law every where. Can u prove that u indeed know what u are saying by referring us to the exact law and what sections under which law the above bolded is succinctly written. I wait.

Your foolish Useles invalid of a papa is the ignoramus.
Re: Channels Tv And Edo Election by Tokt: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2016
GBTYO:

Your foolish Useles invalid of a papa is the ignoramus.

As if I knew u will come back empty. Ignoramus, so ur papa is also one right? Not surprising. grin

(1) (Reply)

Punch: IPOB, MASSOB Sit-at-home Protest In Pictures / Viewer Discretion, Kanu See What You Did... / Dino Melaye Shares First Photo Of Himself After His Escape From Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.