Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Story: Life Of Afolabi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Life Of Afolabi (570 Views)

The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi / My First Story(Life of an Orphan) / Free Romantic Story :- Life With Spoilt Neighbours(18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story: Life Of Afolabi by mayana(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
PART ONE: From V.I, Afolabi trekked all the way to 3rd mainland bridge. Tired and confused, he sat down watching vehicles pass by. He then looked towards the heavens like he was seeing some one. And then with his head facing the ground, tears slowly fell out his eyes. Lord whhyy me, why now, he cried. With his teary eyes, Afolabi looked behind him and saw the vast atlantic ocean, then at ones thoughts of suicide crossed his mind. Let me just end it ones and for all he said, after all what is life if I cannot take of my family. Afolabi Oluwabukunmi is a young man in his mid 30s. He has a pretty wife and 3 lovely kids. He has just lost job, but not for the first time, but for the second time in the space of 5 years. How will he face his wife and kids and explain to them that he lost his current job for a similar reason he lost the previous one. Who will employ him in this recession? How will he pay his rent and children's school fees? With so many questions and no answers Afolabi got up and screamed no no no I must end it here. But as he was about plunging into the sea, his blackberry bold 5 phone rang, reluctantly he picked up, yes what? he said angrily, without checking who was calling. Sweet heart it's me Bunmi. Bunmi is Afolabi's wife. It's past Eleven honey where are you? The wife it seems made that call at the right time. Afolabi checked his watch, it was quarter passed Eleven, picked up his Armani suit boarded a bus and went home.
Re: Story: Life Of Afolabi by mayana(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
PART TWO: Afolabi finally got home at about 12:15am and headed straight to bed. By 5:00am he was up again. His wife Bunmi obviously still worried enquired why her husband came home that late last night. Traffic was crazy he said, as he made his way to the bathroom. He acted like all was normal, did his usual morning routine and by 5:45am, he was set for work. Honey I'm set, he said softly. Ok dear she replied, as she walked to meet him in the sitting room. Here is your food flask, handing him his flask loaded with food. Thanks dear he said, after whiCh he kissed her softly and left home. As she saw him off to the door, she knew something was amiss. Something isn't right with her dear Afolabi she muttered. Afolabi main while left home more confused. He couldn't summon the courage to tell his wife what had happened and also didn't have a clue where he was heading. He just had to leave the house. At about 7am he got to a newspaper stand and he joined the band wagon. They argued just about everything there, from sports to politics and religion e.t.c. After about 3 hours there he decided to call a friend named Florence. Florence is an ex girl friend, a big babe with lots of money and connection. She can help me get a job he said. Just so you Know, Afolabi has a long history with women and alcohol. He lost his latest job because his boss found out he was sleeping with his wife. But Afolabi it seems was not done with women. He booked an appointment to meet Florence at Mama Cass an eatery around Opebi. When it was 6pm he decided it was time to home.

(1) (Reply)

Young Writers Prize Gets Better!!! / Yio Ti Buru To (it Would Be Terrible) / The Magic Of Loneliness (poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.