Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad (28807 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates His Late Dad On Father's Day (Photo) / Joke Silva And Her Late Dad In Throwback Photo / Yemi Alade Shares Throwback 'father-daughter' Pic As She Remembers Her Late Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by purplejuli: 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nigerian-born American rap artiste, Jidenna Mobisson and his sister, Nneka, have endowed a scholarship in Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), named after their late father, Professor Oliver Mobisson.

The late Professor Mobisson was one of the pioneer lecturers at old Anambra State University of Science and Technology (ASUTECH), the parent University of ESUT.

While in the university, Professor Mobisson, working with other Professors in Department of Computer Science and students, invented the ASUTECH computer, the first commercially produced personal computer in West Africa.

Speaking at the scholarship endowment ceremony at ESUT permanent site Agbani on yesterday, Jidenna Mobisson recalled that when his father invented a personal computer, nobody believed that an African could do such a thing.

“He worked with professors and students of this institution to create the first commercially produced personal computer, here in this university.

“My sister Nneka and I want to honour those who made sure that things were done here. So, in honour of those people, my sister and I are going to endow a scholarship in Computer Engineering. The scholarship will be given to the best student in third year.

“This will be done in honour of those who are making sure things are done in Enugu” Jidenna said.

Reacting, the Vice Chancellor of ESUT, Professor Luke Anike commended Jidenna and his sister, Nneka for the gesture, saying that what they have done was in line with what the university wants to achieve in technology.

“We are the first university of technology in Nigeria. What you have done is a thing of honour. Your father was one of the best staff and he pioneered the Department of Computer Science and the Industrial Development Centre (IDC) in this institution.

“What you have done is what your father believes in. I am sure if he is here now, he will be happy. We hope this gesture will encourage our young people to work hard” Professor Anike said.

source: http://www.042express.com/2016/09/jidenna-awards-scholarship-in-esut-to.html

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by UndisputedBosom(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Let me hear it from my brothers and sisters from the Southeast... wink

The Brown Roof Republic will be very very disappointed here grin

More figures in your bank account Jidenna and Nneka....keep givin us good music (Mr Classic Man) cheesy

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Antonblack(m): 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
long live the chief

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by dikachi01(m): 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
he is a classic man

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Sounds nice but its more like a show off to me. Scholarship should be abt encouraging young scholars to sit up more with their studies. It shdnt wait until the honor to an already made famous person is due

Such a scholarship 4 d best stdnt shd be something done like yearly for d best 3 stdnts or so like Afe Babalola does. By so doing, we'll know u have d interest of talented scholars in mind and not trying to make some big men feel pleased by doing it in their name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by nairagossip: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
nice one jidenna!
See photos from Jidenna's tour in Enugu : http://www.042express.com/2016/09/photos-jidenna-tours-enugu-state-visits-esut.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 04, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

More figures in your bank account Jidenna and Nneka....keep givin us good music (Mr Classic Man) cheesy
Ndi isi odo won't be happy with this development!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by UndisputedBosom(m): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2016
grayht:
Ndi isi odo won't be happy with this development!

Honestly grin

41 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Honestly grin
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

10 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 04, 2016
I love how this Guy carries his Igbohood wherever he goes, Imagine that interview where he precisely stated He is an IGbo American, the interviewer was like What's up with Igbo American... He said that's my tribe ... And also where he stated He lived in Enugu and not like Norms u hear people say Nigeria...

Enugu una don get person o.. . His father taught him well

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by nairagossip: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2016
as in eh! so impressive!
kudos Jidenna

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by nairagossip: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
lalasticlala front page abeg
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by veekid(m): 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good one bro

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by herzern(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nice qesture.....

Buh I do think Iqbos are stinqy....

Did he prove me wronq...

HELL NO!!!!...
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by DankemzI(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Correct guy

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by kvnqApreel(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
his dressings seff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by PrinceAbinibi: 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
ok we yaf hear
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Jediel1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
Oya na. grin. Make i wait for Brown roof babas to come and complain.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Mopolchi: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good one
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
A commendable one; giving back to the society...

Blessings Jidenna..

kvnqApreel:
his dressings seff

What's with the dressing? I love how he combines African prints with English attires..

He is indeed a CLASSIC man cheesy...

Fashion should be creating your style, and enjoying its comfort cool...

40 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Toks2008(m): 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Brown roof! rotfl!

Nairaland and funny comments.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jidenna the Ankara ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Ayoswit(f): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
great development
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Ezyp(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
purplejuli:
Nigerian-born American rap artiste,
@OP but jidenna is not a rap artist nah

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by neolboy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
This guy is everywhere on Nairaland
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by barackodam: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
I was about to ask who him epp till I realized he's helping tons of people......

Finally someone has EPPed and I'm sure he's baffed too

grin grin grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by wrecksfurd(m): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jidenna for President 2019

jk! grin

4 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by bukifemi1: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
Why wasting the money at south east, come to Ibadan and do the thing cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Handsomecole(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
ESUT or ESHOOT that cult infested coven called University.
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Weedcrusher: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
The problem I see with Nigerians or should I say Nairalanders for precision, is that most of you have a mentality of it's either our people is better or others are worse. It's either you are with us or totally against us.

And truth be told, I have observed this amongst the Yoruba and Igbo tribes, but that doesn't exclude other tribes in the country. People express illusion of grandeur when there is something good being talked about their tribe, and immediately transition into a defensive demon when something not so good is being said about their tribe.

We get it the Yoruba and Igbo people of Nairaland, your tribe is the best. Can we now move on to something productive and unifying for the interest of building our great nation?

Now to the Topic at hand, It is a great gesture from this young man and his sister to come back to their root and start a scholarship scheme in honour of their late father. This action should be encourage and should be an inspiration for other Nigerians in diaspora to come back home and do something productive

Instead of you that Yoruba boy coming on this thread and see no good in what the guy has done because he is from Igboland, just bury your face in shame for being so myopic. And instead of you that you Igbo boy bragging about how great your tribe because of what your brother has done, just shut your mouth and use your brain in thinking of how you can help your society when you become successful

QED: Let there be peace among us all. Instead of engaging in tribal war and hate, let's unite and move this country in the right direction

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by ahamonyeka(m): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please which part of the country is the professor that invented the ASUTECT computer?

Igbo people ehhnnnn they too much.

Member NCAN.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by ahamonyeka(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jediel1:
this pikins be like Kenya pinkins. grin
Jediel1:
this pikins be like Kenya pinkins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Laura Ikeji Explains Who A Slay Queen Is / Denrele Edun Body-Paints His Lagos Hustle As He Celebrates His 37th Birthday / Ronke Oshodi-Oke Cries Over Her Interview With Broadway TV "I Can't Cook" Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.