Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! (26537 Views)

Teresa Mcbain; From 20 years as Christian Minister To Full Atheist, Her Story / The Miracles Approved For The Canonization Of Blessed Mother Teresa Of Calcutta / What To Know About Mother Teresa Of Calcutta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by HMZi: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
St.Theresa,the epitome of selflessness...'saw' followers take note...

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by marhoinspire: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
Vanillaskin:

I read through all what you have said and they could be true.
But let me ask you this
Are you better than her? No insult intended
A thief stole heaven just at the last minute, by being crucified next to Jesus, and if you looked at him life history, it could look even worse than all those things you wrote about Saints Teresa but he still made heaven.

It's easy to point out the bad things people did in their lives and want to use it to judge them, but God has the final say.
so u now knw who made heaven and who did not. leme tell u dis nor man knows whos name is written on that book of life.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by namuguibe(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ghost01:
Wikipedia? Objective? Seriously?! Don't make the mistake of repeating that assertion in an academic circle o.
Seun:
It's not an authoritative source but it's certainly more objective than most websites.
Since Wikipedia has been designated as an objective source then credence must be given to this Wikipedia article : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by advocatebaba(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
SleekyPosh:
Did I hear Saint Theresa of KALAKUTA!! shocked shocked grin
U FUNNY OOO. SO U MEAN SHE DEY "HIGH" IN PARADISE WITH MARY.J... 4 KALAKUTA PARADISE REPUBLIC.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by davide470(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Handsomecole:
St. Theresa Please pray for me and my family. Please we need your intercession to our Lord Jesus Christ in our dear country.

#ProudlyCatholic
This is soo wrong!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by OpenGames: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

No, she meant generations would call her blessed meaning, fortunate, privileged, to have carried Christ in her womb. Like I'd say to Mary lovers, there was nothing special about her from the outset because Joseph was working his way on humiliating her before an Angel of God came to enlighten him. You could use Adam Clarke's commentary to ease your understanding.

Rather than acknowledge the source, you people acknowledge the vessel that was used. Rather than worship the Origin of all, you acknowledge a piece in the story and scheme of things; a woman who later went on to conceive 'sin' like every woman in the world and had sex, just like every woman. You ask this same woman to pray for you. Thousands of people all over the world scream Hail Mary night and day, at the same time, indirectly giving her the one powerful attribute of God - Omnipresent.

Guy ur mama na vessel? If u become president tomorrow, we go call am vessel leave am for village ba? Needing a favour from the presidency and getting it from his wife or mother no concern anybody. At least you sha get what you want. Google Mary...everybody from every nation and race can not be lying..haba!! Even armed robbers and ritualists avoid people wearing the rosary cuz of wetin their eyes they see.

This led to the rosary becoming a fashion item even put on by people who don't understand it.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by SleekyPosh(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
nelsonjj:
Watch What Your Tongue Roll Out Fire That May Consume U, Silent Is Always D Best When U Dont Know What To Say.

Stupid Fanatic...Eat my dog poo joor

Fire koor..Lighter ni..
undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by SleekyPosh(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
advocatebaba:
U FUNNY OOO. SO U MEAN SHE DEY "HIGH" IN PARADISE WITH MARY.J... 4 KALAKUTA PARADISE REPUBLIC.

I dey tell you.. grin
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
SalC:
St Theresa of Calcutta pray for us.
I Pray o
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by slimbj: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not
of yourself but it is a gift of God. Not of works so you
don't boast …Eph 2:8,9.

Do catholics trust in their works for salvation? Yes
with joy.

Are catholics contradicting the scriptures? o yes, with
all pleasure. Who doesn't like "traditions" better?

Are catholics going to perish by biblical standards? O
pls, with all sadness.

Are they saved based on "traditions"? O well, if we are
talking "progressive salvation"

Was m.Theresa a catholic? yesss

She followed the catholic doctrine of salvation?
that was all she knew.

By biblical standards, is she with Jesus? obviously No

But by catholic "traditions"? Yea she is in paradise
seated at the right hand side of the "blessed virgin
Mary" who still has baby "Jesus" in her arm.

wow... well said.very what? Very well said. Somebody gave you the right to judge? May God give you wisdom. Bye!
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Homoviator: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
I'm surprised by the level of religious difference that exists within Christianity. We all believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and Jesus promised us eternal life; so why should we refute the idea of sainthood? Death doesn't mean annihilation rather transformation to another realm of life, in other words, life continues after earthly death. So those that says "Saints are dead people" You are outrightly wrong. We ask our priests or pastors, family members or friends to remember us in their prayers, who can pray for you more than a person who is already in the presence of the Most High? I know some will ask, how do I know that the saints are in heaven? I know this through faith because if Jesus promised us that in his Fathers house there are many mansion, I believe that for all who have ran their race well, he will crown with glory.
The problem we have in Christianity is what I call 'Religious Self-centeredness' we alwayz portray our individual religion to be the best, without really appreciating another person religion. At the end surprises will be heaven!

4 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by phranq(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
Saint my foot
and that foot you shall plead for
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Handsomecole(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
davide470:
This is soo wrong!

... and how on earth has that added to your bank account. It's my faith...

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by CharlieMaria(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

And that heaven where Mary is if you miss it, that's real hell. Enjoy yourself when you get there with the devil and all who hate and despise Mary. As for me and Faithful children of God who love Mary we'll end up for sure in heaven where Jesus is the Son of Mary and God. Nothing gives me more hope of salvation than than that I am the son of Mary. The Person whom Jesus called mother is also my mother. Will a mother allow two of her son's to be separated forever? Never! So Mary will assist me meet her son Jesus, my elder brother and God. Take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by mikehenrymp2(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:
You will fear. grin
Seems the Pope hold the keys to the gate sef.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by joey150(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

Catholic church be giving you nightmares..

Choi.

Just pocket your hate and stop hating ehn.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Empredboy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:
Asking the dead to pray for you is a stupid thing to ask for. The Catholic Church keep exhibition nothing but religion and nothing but cult-like activities. Interestingly, they carry the Bible while they listen and act obediently to the dictates of the fathers. Worst of all, these acts far contradict what God instructed in the Scriptures.

There was never a place in the One where Christ or God charged people to ask the deads to pray or interecede for them. There was never a place where Mary was asked to be an intercessor to the prayers of men. Christ was and still is the person we ought to take our petitions to.

The Catholic Church, all thanks to their gullible folwrrs all around the world, have the power to deitify and idolize anyone they deem fit, while their followers, who, instead of studying their Bibles, would only listen to a Pope in a far away land and scream 'Saint whatever, pray for me'. And then you get to wonder why the prayers of a dead person would be any effective than yours.
No one prays to dead saints, because those in heaven are more alive than we are. The
Lord is God of the living, not of the dead. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is
very powerful (Jas 5:16). Those in heaven are surely righteous, since nothing unclean
can enter heaven (Rv 21:27). Those in heaven are part of the Mystical Body of Christ
and have not been separated from us by death, but surround us as a great cloud of
witnesses (Heb 12:1). They stand before the throne of God and offer our prayers to
him (Rv 5:cool and cheer us on as we run the good race. Intercession among members
of the body of Christ is pleasing to God (1 Tm 2:1-4) and even commanded by him (Jn
15:17). Those in heaven have a perfected love, so how could they not intercede for
us? Christ is the vine, and we are the branches; if we are connected to him, we are
inseparably bound together as well. Can the eye say to the hand, "I need you not"?
Neither are we to say we don’t need the prayers of our brothers and sisters (alive here
or in heaven), because salvation is a family affair.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Kruzilano(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

how dare u...... what are ur evidences that cath are on the wrong path
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by ANNOY(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

may God punish you for your useless comment.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by MaziOmenuko: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol @ fraudtereda trending on Twitter
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Kizyte(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
AsoRockz01:

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Akukuo na egwu.
Same thing happened in the days of Noah...
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by AsoRockz01(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2016
Kizyte:
Same thing happened in the days of Noah...

Big brother I don't believe in the saint pray for us boosit.
I just want to know the grounds on which she as qualified or crowned a saint.
My bible never told me to pray to God through any saint rather to pray to God through his son Jesus Christ.

Please answer that my question.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by freshdude99(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

U actually wrote all this?
Indeed there's devil here on NL

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by ibehKachukwu: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:
Asking the dead to pray for you is a stupid thing to ask for. The Catholic Church keep exhibition nothing but religion and nothing but cult-like activities. Interestingly, they carry the Bible while they listen and act obediently to the dictates of the fathers. Worst of all, these acts far contradict what God instructed in the Scriptures.

There was never a place in the One where Christ or God charged people to ask the deads to pray or interecede for them. There was never a place where Mary was asked to be an intercessor to the prayers of men. Christ was and still is the person we ought to take our petitions to.

The Catholic Church, all thanks to their gullible folwrrs all around the world, have the power to deitify and idolize anyone they deem fit, while their followers, who, instead of studying their Bibles, would only listen to a Pope in a far away land and scream 'Saint whatever, pray for me'. And then you get to wonder why the prayers of a dead person would be any effective than yours.

Any elaigha gave out his scalf to his servant?

And mosses lifted the crafted serpent and who ever looks will be saved.

And if you follow my way, your body will know no corruption.

Our mode of worship maybe different from yours but the manner your "bible believing church" disobeys d bible openly in the name of faith is alarming so shatap.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ofemmanu1: 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
She's "The saint of gutter" I read she was worse than buhari.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Engrr(m): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

Why are u wasting your energy in what does not even concern you instead of channelling it to where it will be more useful to u

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by amanze15(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
LajaLaba:
hahahaha gullible monkeys grin
which of them "the ones that see their pastors drive wraiths" or the ones that believe in the benefits that faith is work
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by amanze15(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
seunmsg:
I appreciate the fact that she dedicated her life to the service of humanity. She was dedicated to helping the poorest of the poor in her lifetime and that to me erased any negativity that some people finds in her, no human being is perfect. I will be more than fulfilled if I can be able to help just a quarter of people that she helped in her lifetime.

However, I find the two claims of miracle that were cited before naming her a saint as pure fabrication. She didn't do any miracle.
her influence on modern day catholic India is inestimable, it was long due
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Penexpress: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=An2elect2 post=49058965][i] For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

An2elect, you just tore your personality to shred
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by vallyjohn: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
nice one
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by joey150(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

If only you will humble yourself and decide to learn.

Then i shall teach.

You dont even know that the bible you use was put together and compiled by that fraud,that cult group.
You had better be a muslim.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Mpanyi: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

All I could was laugh. You need prayer. Why not ask St. Mother Teresa to pray for you as it's obvious you can't pray for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele's Prophecies On Wike, PDP, APC Ahead Of 2023 Election / The Holy Grail? (Grail Message) / Enugu City Crusade By Paul Enenche: Governor Ugwuanyi Attends (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.