Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria (5468 Views)

Innovative Instant Fixed And Mobile Hotspot For Today Entrepreneurs / Hotspot / Quotation On Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by danakuba(m): 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2009
Where Can One find WiFi Hotspot in Nigeria, is it a vaible business
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by kwaze(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2009
yea, i thought about it likewise. we have it at different locations. At hotels most especially and some centres in Abuja. well as regards viable, it all depends on hw u want to market it.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by danakuba(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2009
@Kwaze
Thanks . I am looking at providing very fast hotspots in both commercial and residential areas. Anyone with a WiFi device (laptop, mobile phones) can go on the internet easily instead of using the telecoms companies.

A lot of the service providers lie about their internet connection speed. The connection speed you see on your system is the connection speed to their network, not to the internet.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by kwaze(m): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
yea concerning the internet link speed, you are very correct so do you think we can work together as regards this? Start from the commercial areas first, taking it in accordance with the local government in Lagos state. 07025083908.

Thats my number.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 12:46am On Oct 07, 2009
we ave a company in Nigeria that deals with such too.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2009
Don't get it twisted you will not surpass current efforts in the field in terms of speed because our communications infrastructure is not there yet. WIFI technologies are typically for last mile services but in Nigeria it is used in all sorts of different ways and in an unlicensed frequency which leads to poor connections because of interference. You network will still have to face the same challenges as everyone unless you are going to use fibre optic as backbone and also fibre optic to the internet because VSAT will just not give you the speed you will be amazed with.

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
I need fast, stable and affordable internet service, does anyone here have a good solution. I have tried all Starcomm etc, I am currently using MTN, though a bit faster but prone to failure every other day. I am thinking using IPNX, if wifi is better? any idea where I can subscribe for one. I need candid and tested resonses please.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2009
Chiaka:

I need fast, stable and affordable internet service, does anyone here have a good solution. I have tried all Starcomm etc, I am currently using MTN, though a bit faster but prone to failure every other day. I am thinking using IPNX, if wifi is better? any idea where I can subscribe for one. I need candid and tested resonses please.

where you reside matters.
There are few spots in Lagos, and our coy can install one wherever you are, but not best for just one person, except u have money to invest into it and charge other people that logged on to it.
Re: Wifi Hotspot In Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Fhemmmy I stay in PH but often visit lagos. wherez your office located in lagos, so I go check it out myself .

(1) (Reply)

What Step Should Be Taken If One Want To Buy Franchise In Nnpc Or Oando Or Conoi / A4 Paper Proucer / How Much Is Payoneer To Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.