Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. (1208 Views)

4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? / Ejechi Paul Died In His Room Yesterday Please Help Locate His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
INTERNAL HOME MEMO

TO: ALL DEPENDANTS & RELATIVES

CC: MOTHER

DATE: September 05, 2016

SUBJECT: FINANCIAL MELTDOWN/COST CUTTING MEASURES FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION

Due to the current economic situation, all domestic rules and regulations
Have been revised as below and under no* *circumstance is any violation going
*to be accepted*.

1. The Kitchen and all pantries are declared Restricted Zones. Entry
and/or passage shall require express permission from *myself upon submission of written request*.

2. Breakfast is banned. This matter cannot be *discussed*!

3. Such food items as *rice, chicken, butter, jam, eggs, bread and milk* are
Restricted. Anyone intending to eat any of such foodstuffs must write to
*me in triplicate*, with three days notice, giving justification backed by a *qualified dietician* report as supportive documentation.

4. Bathing in the morning is limited to *5 litres* of water per
person while bathing in the evening is banned unless there are *medical reasons*.

5. All security lights should be removed with immediate effect. *All dependants shall abide by an all-night guard-duty roster* I shall make
available shortly.

6. No dependant shall entertain friends indoors, far less attempt to
offer food, drinks or even music. *Those who want their guests to listen to music shall sing for them.*

7. No one is allowed to talk to officials from police, Council or Court Bailiffs; doing so shall carry an instantaneous penalty of ejection from the House.

8. Anybody who breaks a glass, furniture or any other property in The
House, shall immediately have to seek *temporary employment*
somewhere to earn money to replace such broken item(s).

9. All *visitors* intending to spend a *night/week or more* shall apply in triplicate and give *two months notice*, with an endorsement from
their *village Head or Church Priest*, giving convincing reasons why they can't stay at their *homes*. Failure to do this shall result in their being turned away, at the gate, upon arrival.

THESE RULES ARE BINDING AND NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER!!!

Signed:

DAD
Chairman of Home Affairs

Cc lalasticlala
Infinitikoncept
Ladyf
Dagr8

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Davash222(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
Dad, we need to talk ASAP!! cool
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by moyakz(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
what a father!
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by moyakz(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
what a nigerian-father!
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
recession things

moyakz:
what a nigerian-father!
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by osesology(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol! Economic recession is biting real hard. I hope the rules are applicable to all...including himself.
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by moyakz(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bookiemart01:
recession things
Hope the recession didnot reach ur side o?
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
God's been our "recession proof" cheesy cheesy cheesy

moyakz:

Hope the recession didnot reach ur side o?
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by agarawu23(m): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
angry

Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by ladyF(f): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Those who want their guests to listen to music shall sing for them.

This part got me rotfl! grin

1 Like

Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
Do you know this father? Let him comman explain why "No one is allowed to talk to officials from police, Council or Court Bailiffs; doing so shall carry an instantaneous penalty of ejection from the House"

agarawu23:
angry

ladyF:

This part got me rotfl! grin
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by agarawu23(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Do you know this father? Let him comman explain why "No one is allowed to talk to officials from police, Council or Court Bailiffs; doing so shall carry an instantaneous penalty of ejection from the House"

if you break the man rule, you go chop koboko grin

Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
cheesy cheesy

agarawu23:
if you break the man rule, you go chop koboko grin

1 Like

Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by moyakz(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Bookiemart01:
God's been our "recession proof" cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol.the surest thing now is to hold God tight o.
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by Noloss(f): 3:09am On Sep 05, 2016
My. God see us through dis hard times. Times r hard indeed.
Re: A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. by IBEJULEKKILANDS(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
lmao

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know If You Love Him Or Just Pity / Help Me Please! I'm Critically Depressed / This Is Why Every Man Need To Be Close To His Wife (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.