Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu (10595 Views)

Eyitayo Jegede Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu on Winning Ondo Polls (photo) / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo / Ondo 2016: ‘Bola Tinubu Prefers Me But I Wasn’t Imposed’ – Segun Abraham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by stankezzy: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2016
It is called balancing of power , removing tinubus boys gradually and putting pmbs, who no want to be in charge.?
that was one of the mistakes GEJ made
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by shaddoww: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2016
eitsei:
that's what I thought because I don't trust Tinubu that much, just to save face that's his preferred candidate lost the primary election while his anointed candidate won.. But some don't see it this way.. Tinubu na game player
I was in Ondo state during d last election and I can tell u dat APC lost dat election because of Tinubu, people saw Aketi as his stooge n dey decided to rather stick with Mimiko, so I believe Tinubu won't want to make d same mistake n more so Aregbesola was even d one who brought Aketi in 2012, so am sure he still supports him. And for Olusola oke, he needs no one's support to get that amount of votes since he owns d entire Ondo south.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by eitsei(m): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2016
shaddoww:

I was in Ondo state during d last election and I can tell u dat APC lost dat election because of Tinubu, people saw Aketi as his stooge n dey decided to rather stick with Mimiko, so I believe Tinubu won't want to make d same mistake n more so Aregbesola was even d one who brought Aketi in 2012, so am sure he still supports him. And for Olusola oke, he needs no one's support to get that amount of votes since he owns d entire Ondo south.
yes na that's why it appeared as if he's not supporting aketi this time but with the way things going now if APC wins the Edo gubernatorial election they might win the coming election in ONDO state but it won't be easy
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayzat: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2016
shaddoww:

And for Olusola oke, he needs no one's support to get that amount of votes since he owns d entire Ondo south.

Oke having the people's support in his zone is not same as having the delegate's support. Its a different ball game and don't forget the Fact that Oke is a late entrant to the APC and there is no way he can singlehandedly get such a huge vote on his own . A huge chunk of his votes came from Bola Ilori.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by shaddoww: 8:56am On Sep 05, 2016
kayzat:

Oke having the people's support in his zone is not same as having the delegate's support. Its a different ball game and don't forget the Fact that Oke is a late entrant to the APC and there is no way he can singlehandedly get such a huge vote on his own . A huge chunk of his votes came from Bola Ilori.

If u know Ondo south very well, u would know that they were formally d back bone of PDP until Mimiko decamped n hijacked d party which made people like Oke to leave n majority of those in APC there today are decampees. That's where I served so I know.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by GoodMuyis(m): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2016
Ondo people have lost regard and respect for Pa Adekunke Ajasin Onabanjo, see how they allow his daughter vote herself.

Best of Luck from the north to Madam Olajumoke Ajasin-Anifowose
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayzat: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2016
shaddoww:

If u know Ondo south very well, u would know that they were formally d back bone of PDP until Mimiko decamped n hijacked d party which made people like Oke to leave n majority of those in APC there today are decampees. That's where I served so I know.

I am not doubting your assertion as regards Oke's popularity in Ondo South among the populace but party politics is not always like that.

Positions ( delegates inclusive) are shared among all the party leaders and the highest they could have given him at the point of negotiations is 30% because the party already has their own structure in place with some leaders manning them. And besides he was unable to deliver his senatorial district to the party at the last general election.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by shaddoww: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2016
kayzat:

I am doubting your assertion as regards One's popularity in Ondo South among the populace but party politics is not always like that.

Positions ( delegates inclusive) are shared among all the party leaders and the highest they could have given him at the point of negotiations is 30% because the party already has their own structure in place with some leaders manning them. And besides he was unable to deliver his senatorial district to the party at the last general election.
That's true though
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by bigtt76(f): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2016
Jagaban would prefer to work with someone like Rotimi Akeredolu based on his former status as NBA former National President. He needs those connections especially unto tribunal tinz.

bluaero:
Jagaban accepts ass whooping grin
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by matamaros: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2016
I LAUGH AT THOSE PEOPLE SAYING THAT TINUBU HAS BEEN DEFECTED.
WHAT PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT AKETI IS TINUBU'S CANDIDATE ANY DAY ANY TIME.
WHATEVER PLAYED OUT AT THE PRIMARIES WAS ALL MASTERMINDED BY TINUBU.
TINUBU IS NOT THE TYPE THAT GIVES UP WITHOUT PUTTING A FIGHT.
IF TINUBU WAS NOT SUPPORTING AKETI, THE PRIMARIES WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by christofashion1(m): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2016
siraj1402:
You would have say you don't understand what I mean by D. Gov then I would have simply tell you it means Deputy Governor. Olodo
oya Mr teacher, teach me o.....#cannabiscrew#
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by DropShot: 9:22am On Sep 05, 2016
This election was sure a real contest.

Imagine the top five contestants:

Rotimi Akeredolu - 669 votes
Segun Abraham - 635 votes
Olusola Oke – 576 votes,
Ajayi Borrofice- 471 votes,
Tayo Alasoadura- 206 votes

Can this be compared to that of PDP's? The imposition in PDP is the reason it will continue to suffer defeats right, left and centre.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Reference(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2016
I'm in support of any democratic process that produces a true leader when there are no considerations for affirmative action. It is a good one. The APC is maturing.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Reference(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2016
matamaros:
I LAUGH AT THOSE PEOPLE SAYING THAT TINUBU HAS BEEN DEFECTED.
WHAT PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT AKETI IS TINUBU'S CANDIDATE ANY DAY ANY TIME.
WHATEVER PLAYED OUT AT THE PRIMARIES WAS ALL MASTERMINDED BY TINUBU.
TINUBU IS NOT THE TYPE THAT GIVES UP WITHOUT PUTTING A FIGHT.
IF TINUBU WAS NOT SUPPORTING AKETI, THE PRIMARIES WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE

Abeg sit disn and stop this your idolatry. Today is Monday. Now, now you don forget Sunday message.

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by matamaros: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2016
Reference:

Abeg sit disn and stop this your idolatry. Today is Monday. Now, now you don forget Sunday message.
DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF WHAT YOU POSTED
IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING SENSIBLE TO SAY DONT QUOTE ME
USELESS IPOB
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Omonigeriarere: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
[s]
edunwosu:
The end of Jagaba is near. By the time Buhari cabals finish Tinubu..... He will resurrect ACN by force....

We are watching in 3D
[/s]

Hope you no go kill yourself on top of Jagaban? When has it become illegal to show your interest in any aspirants? Has Akeredolu not the preferred candidate of the same Asiwaju in his former electoral contest?

Only God knows what could have been your emotional outpouring assuming his preferred candidate wins.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Omonigeriarere: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
[s]
siraj1402:
Lobatan. Next is who will be D. Gov for both APC and PDP, trust me whom ever have Muslim as D. Gov win the election.
Quote me if you like.
[/s]

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Ysakaws: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2017
SayDeeJay:
That is the spirit

I saw you sent me a mail but i cant view it. Please send your message here or add me on whatsapp +2348070895702....I am the op of the thread "best investment to make huge millions 2017"

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAAC Shares N676.40bn July Allocation To FG, States, Lgs / APC Suspends Jimoh Ibrahim For Anti-Party Activities / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.