Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: (34170 Views)

Buhari's Achievements Since Assuming Office Nine Months Ago / SEE List Of INEC Chairmen Since Independence / Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: by AkoEja: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
My list of achievements since independence:

Education :  We have definitely made big strides in education. We have top level doctors, engineers, economists, teachers, lawyers, literary gurus etc who have achieved maximally both nationally and internationally
Communication: Communication has improved significantly, and it’s now standard to be able to communicate with friends and family all over the country without problems. International communications is also no longer a problem. We now also have a large number of radio and television stations delivering myriads of programs to our people. The role of the Private stations is highly commendable in this area.
Democracy. This is an area where there would be most controversy if anybody should say that we have made strides in democratic rule. However, one area where we can say things have moved forward is that it is now no longer acceptable for soldiers to rule the country. No group of soldiers can come up now to say that they want to take over government and expect Nigerians to accept them. Former military ruler, Abacha, made sure of that. This is an achievement whether we want to accept it or not.
Foreign policy. In the area of foreign policy, Nigeria has made strides and at one point Nigeria was a highly respected country in Africa in international politics under the old regime of President Obasanjo.
Transportation: Nigeria and has also achieved a lot in the area of transportation with many interstate and intrastate road networks, though most of these are in need of vital repairs now; but what we had prior to independence was nothing to write home about compared to what we have now.

We can go on and on, and there is a lot yet to be written, and there is a lot more we could have achieved if we had better leaders than what we have had so far. There is no doubt that many countries in similar situations have achieved much more than Nigeria has achieved, but my belief is that we will eventually get there though not with the present set of leaders that we have.
Re: My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
Dont deceive yourself. Nigeria has acheived aboslutely nothing since independence!
Re: My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: by osahon9: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
we achieved this NAIRALAND ... It was unheard of in 1959
Re: My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Here's A comprehensive List of things Nigeria has achieved since independence...

[url="http://listwand.com/2017/10/nigeria-57-top-10-things-nigeria-has-achieved-since-independence/]Nigeria @ 57: Top 10 Things Nigeria Has Achieved Since Independence[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Visit: Major Roads In Lagos Blocked / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos, Plateau State- Photos / Video Of Governor Suntai's True Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.