Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,194 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State (17776 Views)

FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF / Herdsmen/farmers Clashes: Atiku Unfolds Plans To Build Ranches Nationwide / Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Michel2013: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
pepigeorge:
Igboland should build ranches, ban grazing like Ekiti - Ekweremadu

EKWEREMADU is the name of my foolish goat....

are ur people cattle rearers to build ranches...
or is it ranches for rent...
did they build free stores for ur people in Kano or were they given free lands there...

Band open cattle rearing in another mans property. ..

If u want to rear cattle rent or buy land, build ur ranch and rear ur cattle....

sorry comprehension is your biggest problem. the senator is tell Igbos go into cow business by building ranches not for fulanis. also urge the Governors help in this regards by building state owned ranches for Igbo cow farmers for lease. i tire for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Pavore9: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
Michel2013:

This is the way to go in 21 century.the senator is advising the Igbos to go into cow farming through a modern method of building ranches.he even went ahead to urge south East Governors to provide the ranches and lease out to the Igbo farmers who are interested in it.he did not mean that ranches/grazing field should be built for fulanis.Trust me Igbos are already going into cow husbandry through ranching methods now.If ranching is adopted nothing stops Igbos from investing heavily in the business and this will help stop the marauding falanis. Obiano is already motivating Anambrans to start our local cow husbandry which is more delicious than this fulani long tore cows.the governor is setting up fund for this now as loans.

The person l quoted gave off the impression that igbos are averse to ranching by typing " Igbos are not cattle rearers and therefore cannot build ranches"! Ranching is big business as Kenya is self sufficient when it comes to fresh milk production, producing about 5 billion litres annually. 90% of these are produced by rural dwellers who own 2-4 cows who form a co-operative where they gather their daily production and supply to a milk processing plant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by CHYMZZY(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
pepigeorge:

Wot is the trash there? Am i suppose to build ranch for another man's private business. ...abi u nor sabi talk.....

u are now assuming sth dats not true.... one of Nigerians biggest problem. ... false assumption. ..

I am same person as Neogru3, make my sperm no ever fit pregnate any woman.... say Amen

my brother you are very funny... Any way Amen!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by AfroKnight: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
I agree. Cattle rearing is private business. These herdsmen must either buy or lease ranches. They must also pay tax to the states where they trade.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pavore9:

The person l quoted gave off the impression that igbos are averse to ranching by typing " Igbos are not cattle rearers and therefore cannot build ranches"! Ranching is big business as Kenya is self sufficient when it comes to fresh milk production, producing about 5 billion litres annually. 90% of these are produced by rural dwellers who own 2-4 cows who form a co-operative where they gather their daily production and supply to a milk processing plant.

I dey your back grin

How can I get an Mpesa account as a Nigerian? My website gets a lot of visits from Kenya and most prospects are discouraged by the payment method.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Awoofawo(m): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
Blue3k:

Sorry my pidgin is not good. If they do cut it then you can sue or shoot then if they get violent. Guns aren't illegal here. If you don't want to fight let courts handle it. You can do civil case get money they have (Assuming they have). If they don't the state takes their property being cattle auctions off then pays your damages.

If it's criminal case they get thrown in jail. The cattle they own might be confiscated anyway and sold. I do believe courts would have back. They have no reason not to.

Seems you don't understand that we are talking about Nigeria here.......Pls google about the activities of the Fulani and thier atrocities of recently to understand better.....THe Nigeria Military appears to be backing them, same as the government in power!

Actually they are cowardic always attacking and running from the scenes and when folks rise up against them the security agencies will comes in to shield them!

They destroyed farm lands during the day but their attacks were mostly carried out in the middle of the night, as such it would be very hard to counter them...................!
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by 1192daniel(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Don't build any ranch sef.Chase dem out of igboland.lets have peace.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by arushiuga(m): 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
pepigeorge:

[bIf I am the same person as Neogru3, make my dirty sperm not ever fit pregnate any woman.... say Amen[/b]
Thank me later for modifying your post. It was full of errors

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by signz: 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decryptor:
Go one from the senator! I thought Zombies and their Northern oligarchs said this man and Saraki would leave office but almost 2 years on, they still dey kampe! Shame on enemies and bad belle pipu tongue

Back to the topic, Anambra ha already set up ranches in Ozubulu. More ranches to follow suit.

That's beautiful.

Our state governors thru the state ministries of Agric help private investors in the SE import good cows that survive in tropics.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Ofemannnu: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decryptor:
Go one from the senator! I thought Zombies and their Northern oligarchs said this man and Saraki would leave office but almost 2 years on, they still dey kampe! Shame on enemies and bad belle pipu tongue

Back to the topic, Anambra ha already set up ranches in Ozubulu. More ranches to follow suit.
Why don't you comment and pass?
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Pavore9: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
hahn:

I dey your back grin

How can I get an Mpesa account as a Nigerian? My website gets a lot of visits from Kenya and most prospects are discouraged by the payment method.

This is derailing the thread o! But to get an Mpesa account, you need to be on ground to buy a Safaricom sim card and have it registered with your International passport, after which also you register for your Mpesa account which is also your phone number and you get a PIN (which you are advised to change to your choice of combination), you are now ready to receive payment but how do you cash out if you are not on ground?

If you have your personal person in kenya, he/she can get and register an airtel sim, also register it for Airtel money likewise get a Visa card linked to it and have the sim and card sent to you. You tell your Kenyan clients to send payment to that Airtel number using ONLY their Airtel money line NOT sending from their Mpesa account. Once anyone sends the payment through their airtel money account to you, you will receive an alert notifying the amount is now in the sim and can be withdrawn from any ATM in Nigeria that has the Visa logo or you can use it for online payment that accepts Visa card.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by hahn(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pavore9:

This is derailing the thread o! But to get an Mpesa account, you need to be on ground to buy a Safaricom sim card and have it registered with your International passport, after which also you register for your Mpesa account which is also your phone number and you get a PIN (which you are advised to change to your choice of combination), you are now ready to receive payment but how do you cash out if you are not on ground?

If you have your personal person in kenya, he/she can get and register an airtel sim, also register it for Airtel money likewise get a Visa card linked to it and have the sim and card sent to you. You tell your Kenyan clients to send payment to that Airtel number using ONLY their Airtel money line NOT sending from their Mpesa account. Once anyone sends the payment through their airtel money account to you, you will receive an alert notifying the amount is now in the sim and can be withdrawn from any ATM in Nigeria that has the Visa logo or you can use it for online payment that accepts Visa card.

I hope this helps.

Extremely helpful. I'll probably just come over myself and see how things are during my vacation soon.

Next stop, Kenya!
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
AnanseK:

Igbo to rear cattle ? grin you make me laff. So who will do the drug courier business?
You're one of the many reasons why Nigeria remains backward.

Ezi ofia angry

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by thedarkside: 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
sosanova:
grin grin grin

then teach them,than driving them away from their traditional-values..

build this ranches and rent it to them and become rich toghether...

meat is very expensive all over the world..!!!..
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by damon232: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
Neoguru3:
Build which nonsense ranches? Any animal Fulani herdsman that wants to rear cows should buy land and build his own ranch. Cattle business is a personal business, Igbos are not cattle rearers and therefore cannot build ranches.
How I wish I happen to know where the so call ranches will be located in advance so that I can quickly build houses whether of low quility does not matter. Cattle breeding is personal. To make it worse, they are even owned by outsider. What type of oppression is this? Imagine the number of Army General, including the ones retired in the north yet you cannot find an ordinary Warrant officer on other regions. Let is see how this second forcefull grazing will succeed. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by damon232: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Blue3k:
If they show up to property can you suse then for destruction of property, trespassing, distubing peace. Build barb wire fencing so they can't get in without cutting it. It's cheap effective and worked to kill cattle drives in usa.
I think poisoning them on the middle of the night is better.
For goodness sake, let us devide this country. Any way, i will continue to pray.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
It should be built in that North... We don't want any cow in Igboland....
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Forwetinnah: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
The last paragraph says it all....we must sift legitimate farmers/cattle rearers from criminals, terrorists and armed bandits
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by NemzySeries(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Michel2013:

bro this is not giving out lands to fulanis as grazing field.the senator is encouraging Igbos and their Governors to set up ranches and lease out to Igbos for cow farming.this is different from set up open grazing fields which is outdated in this 21 century. it is either you buy your own land and build ranch for your private business or you will be paying to Gov for using state own ranches.this is best way to go. if a fulani man wants to rear cow in SE he should buy his land and build ranch or be paying tax for the state ranch. with this no more disputes.
U've spoken reasonable ωєℓℓ which I do appreciate but honestly if u see wat dis guys(fulani herdsmen) do wit eida ur naked eyes or to a close 1 u wunt want anything dat wud bring dem close to u even if dey are gonna b paying billions of dollars 4 ranch ownership to eida d govtor individuals......deir ranch wud certainly run outta grass 4 deir cattles & d'll face pple's farm, dis guys are nice pple no doubt but d'll do anything & I mean anything 4deir cattles.....may God help us

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Jessam: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Jessam Cattle Ranch & Farms based in Enugu are doing modern day cattle ranching along with rearing other livestock such as ducks, goats,and poultry.

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Neoguru3:
Build which nonsense ranches? Any animal Fulani herdsman that wants to rear cows should buy land and build his own ranch. Cattle business is a personal business, Igbos are not cattle rearers and therefore cannot build ranches.
So igbos are better than the millionaire that rear cows in the US and brazil, anybody can rear animals, is not abt tribe. So saying ibos are not cattle rearer is just senseless.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by clickwtB(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
YOU ARE A TRIBALIST TO THE CORE. lipsrsealed undecided kiss
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Toosure70: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
Thanks yoloba for giving my people senses. Fayose is greater than our useless zik and ojukwu.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pavore9:

You mean one cannot set up a ranch in the south east for meat and milk?
If you need ranches build it for yourself.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
BiafraIShere:
If this is to be an exam, bro you failed woefully, you got an F! Ekweremadu advocated that SE governors should ban open grazing and encourage Igbos to go into cattle ranching as business venture. Anybody with the capital & requisite know-how can successful make mega money from ranching by either importing high meat & milk producing species that can survive in the tropics/equatorial climate. Again they can also cross breed with local cow to develope disease resistant species. Very good idea!
We will not go into that business lest Fulani say you were about to rustle his cow and he killed you.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
arushiuga:

Neogru3 and pepigeorge i know you are the same person. Stop using different monikers in repeating the same trash
I don't know who is George. Quote me again and fall
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Blue3k(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Neoguru3:
We will not go into that business lest Fulani say you were about to rustle his cow and he killed you.

Easy way to solve this issue is brand your cattle. Then tag theIR ear maybe. The state can keep data base on all the different branding symbols. This will make it like trademark.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Pavore9: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Neoguru3:
If you need ranches build it for yourself.

That is no big deal.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
Blue3k:

Easy way to solve this issue is brand your cattle. Then tag theIR ear maybe. The state can keep data base on all the different branding symbols. This will make it like trademark.
That's why I said Fulani should do their business, buy their land and build, come to think of it, must they graze in Igbo land?
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
MrTruth4real:

So igbos are better than the millionaire that rear cows in the US and brazil, anybody can rear animals, is not abt tribe. So saying ibos are not cattle rearer is just senseless.
Not everybody is gifted in a particular business, Igbos are traders, farmers, innovators, etc but not cattle rearers. If you want to rear cattle, buy your land and build your ranch. No Igbo gov will build that for you. You don't build shops for us.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
terungwamzer:

Dont be myopic, Igbos can build ranches!!!!!!!!!. Ranches can be built and leased out to cattle rearers by land owners. This can serve as revenue creation ventures for host states.
Keep that revenue creation to the 19 northern states, we are already seeing the revenue accrued in Benue State.
Re: Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State by Neoguru3: 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
coolitempa:

Basic comprehension na wahala for some people o......the man suggested that the state build ranches in the absence of individuals doing so....that way the state governments lease out the land and make some money from the lessors.....a win win for all involved .....what is so complicated in understanding this.... shocked
What stops Fulani from buying land for God sake? Must they run around like headless chickens? How will lease land when they did buy it, state govt can't even pay salaries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television / PDP To Buhari: Your Comments On Illegal Migrants Insensitive / Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.