Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Rhema For Living Devotional - September 1st - 5th (the Power Of The Tongue) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rhema For Living Devotional - September 1st - 5th (the Power Of The Tongue) (462 Views)

The Power Of Money / Power Of Love: A True Life Story / The Way Of The Tongue.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - September 1st - 5th (the Power Of The Tongue) by Ken4Christ: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Thursday, September 1st
The Power of the Tongue - 1

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." (Proverbs 18:21).

The words we speak are containers of power. They can be creative or destructive. They can make or mar you. It matters what you allow to come out of your lips. You are where you are today because of the words you spoke yesterday. Your life will go in the direction of your words.

When God created the world, he used his word unleashed by faith inundated by the power of the Holy Spirit. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:1-3).

Mankind was created in the image and likeness of God. That means, we look like God and can also act like God. Words are so powerful that it can outlive the one who spoke it. For instance, Noah spoke words over the life of his children, Shem, Japheth and Canaan his grandson after the flood. Noah had gotten drunk and naked. Ham, the father of Canaan saw his unclothedness and made a mockery of it. When Noah came out of his drunkenness, he knew what Ham did. Consequently, he pronounced a curse on Canaan, Ham's son which reads thus;. "..Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren." (Genesis 9:25).

Noah couldn't curse Ham who committed the offense because he was already blessed by God. What God has blessed, no one can curse. Shem and Japheth were both blessed. Noah is dead but the words he spoke over their lives are still in force.

In the Bible days, the land of Canaan was given to the Jews. The inhabitants that survived the wars became servants. Even till date, we can see the effect of the words Noah spoke. Africa today are suffering from that curse because the majority of the offspring of Canaan settled in Africa. It is only by the power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus that Africa is reconnected to the blessings of God.

So, briddle your tongue. Mind also the words you speak over the life of your children. Chat the course of your life with good words. You are the prophet of your life. What you will become tomorrow is a direct function of what you say today.

Prayer/Confession : Heavenly Father, I thank you for the opportunity to see the first day of this new month. I declare that it is a month of success. The good things of life will locate me this month in the name of Jesus. I will go in and out and find pastures. Lack is far from me. The blessings of God will pursue and overtake me in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Study: Genesis 1:6-31; Proverbs 6:2.
Daily Scripture Reading: Luke 20-21; Genesis 36.

Friday, September 2nd
The Power of the Tongue - 2

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things."(Matthew 12:35).

In our previous day discussion, we looked at the potency of the words we speak. They are so powerful that it can outlive the one who spoke it. However, there are factors that affects the potency of words that we speak. Our Lord Jesus unveiled one of such factors in the opening text. The words we speak can only be productive or destructive if it comes from your heart.

The heart in this context talks about your spirit; the inner man. You have to first of all make effort to get the word of God into your spirit. Jesus said, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63).

You drive the word of God into your spirit through meditation. The act of meditation is what most believers don't practice. It is not difficult. Just give more attention to the study of God's word. As you do, it will beg for expression. "... for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." (Matthew 12:34).

Paul says, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16). Don't get too busy not to have time for God's word. You need God's word to rule your world.

This was the secret of Joshua's success. God had told him, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." (Joshua 1:cool. No wonder he spoke to the sun and the moon and they obeyed him - Joshua 10:12-13.

Spend time reading, studying and meditating on God's word. When you speak forth words out of the abundance of your heart, they will surely come to fulfillment.

Prayer/Confession : Today, I reject all forms of distraction that is designed to take my attention away from God's word. As I meditate on your word Lord, let them be good treasures in my heart that will bring forth good things in my life in Jesus name. Amen.

For Further Study: Psalms 1; Proverbs 13:2.
Daily Scripture Reading: Luke 22-24; Genesis 37

Saturday, September 3rd
The Power of the Tongue - 3

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."(Genesis 1:11).

So far, we have been able to establish the fact that the words we speak carry creative or destructive power. In addition, we also learnt that it is only effective when spoken from your innermost being - your spirit.

When God created the world by the word of faith, records of the creation gives us the picture that the manifestation of what God said all happened immediately. So, the phrase, 'it was so' was commonly used to denote the outcome of what God said on each day of creation. However, further records revealed that the manifestation of what God said on one of the days took a process of time.

The record of Genesis 1:11 quoted in the opening text is an example of such occasion. It gives us the idea that the trees grew immediately to maturity. However, Genesis 2:5 gives us the true picture. It reads; "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." The earth had to be watered first before the plants and trees grew.

From the verse just quoted above, we can see that what God said didn't show up immediately in this instance. So, we you speak forth words of faith, the manifestation may delay. Your duty is to keep on saying it. Have the belief that your words will not go unfulfilled.

Your words are like seeds and you need to water them through consistent proclamation of what you believe before the manifestation of your expectations. Never give up on your Confession of faith. It will come to pass sooner or later. "Let us [therefore] hold fast the profession(confession) of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)". (Hebrews 10:23).

Prayer/Confession: Heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me the ability to speak forth words of faith. I refuse to be moved by seemingly delays in the manifestation. It will be fulfilled in your time. I hold on to the confession of my faith irrespective of what I feel, hear or see.

For Further Study: Isaiah 55:10-11; Hebrews 10:35.
Daily Scripture Reading: John 1-2; Genesis 38.

Sunday, September 4th
The Power of the Tongue - 4

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me". (Hebrews 13:5-6).

Our tongues are so powerful that it can make or mar you. We established the fact that it sometimes takes a process of time to see the manifestation of what we say. Just keep saying it until you see the result.

Today, another great lesson we must get acquainted with is the content of what we are supposed to say. If you want the backings of God, the words you speak must be consistent with what God has said. So, your duty is to find out what God has said and affirm it in your life.

For instance, God's word says you are rich. Believe it and constantly affirm it in your life. It doesn't matter whether you have money in your bank account or not. Over time, you will have whatsoever you say. We walk by faith and not by our sensory perception. Your positive affirmation does not however negates the fact that you have to work and manage your finance within the confines of biblical principles.

Before the birth of our Lord Jesus, an angel brought a message to Mary concerning her conception which reads; "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.For with God nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:35-37). This is one miracle that the natural mind cannot easily buy into. But Mary responded thus; "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her." (Luke 1:38).

This is how we ought to respond to every good promises of God. God is committed to bring to pass every of his promises in your life but you have to appropriate it by the word of faith. Align your confessions with God's word. Whatever you are going through is subject to change and it will change. Your expectations will not be cut off.

Prayer/Confession: Father, I thank you for every of your good promises. Your word says I am healed, rich and delivered from the powers of darkness. I therefore declare that sickness, poverty and death cannot lord it over my life in the name of Jesus. Amen.

For Further Study: 1 Samuel 3:19; Romans 10:10.
Daily Scripture Reading: John 3-4; Genesis 39.

Monday, September 5th
The Power of the Tongue - 5

"What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile", (Psalms 34:12-13)

We have so far learnt a few lessons on this very important topic. Today, we will look at the subtle destruction our tongues can cause. There are manners and ways you talk about others that could affect your life span on earth. Quite a few people are ignorant of this truth and when they begin to experience strange things in their lives, they are unable to discern the cause.

Opening your mouth wide to talk about people in a derogatory manner can affect your health, invite poverty and even shorten your life. It is worse when the words are directed on believers and even more dangerous if it is targeted on anointed men of God.

Miriam and Aaron at one point spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman he married. Mariam became leprous almost immediately. Here what God himself said, "...wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous" (Numbers 12:8-10).

The Psalmist in another passage gave a stern warning to slanderers. "Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off:..." (Psalms 101:5). A lot of health attack people experience is a result of evil speaking or what is commonly referred to as gossip.

If you truly want to live long and see good days, mind how you talk about people. It is even surprising to see professing believers involved in this act of gossips even against their fellow brethren. It is one fast way to ruin your future and dig your own grave. Avoid it as much as possible.

Prayer/Confession: Heavenly Father, I ask for your mercy on people I have opened my mouth to slander. From this day henceforth, I refrain my tongue from evil speaking. I choose to walk in love and use my tongue to bless lives. Thank you for given me the grace to keep to my resolution in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

For Further Study: Psalms 105:15, James 3:10.
Daily Scripture Reading: John 5-6; Genesis 40.

Join our Facebook group, Rhema For Living Devotional and like our page, https://m.facebook.com/rhemaforlivingdevotional

1 Like

Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - September 1st - 5th (the Power Of The Tongue) by QueenofAfrica: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
thanks for your update........ you just ignited my fire....

(1) (Reply)

The First Hello. / The Lone Child By Womanofrace / The Last Page Of Our Notebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.