Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job (67404 Views)

Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by magicminister: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
izuvin:
my dear, u dont need to say such in a job that is fetching u daily bread. it is bad to post rubbish in a social media about ur company.

He didn't say anything bad about the company.
He didn;t even mention the company.
He only said, I HATE MY JOB.

First of all, that does not in anyway reference the company.
For all we know, he could have been asked to baby sit his brother's babies that day and he didn't like it.
Maybe its his turn to clean the toilet in his compound.
So many things can warrant the statement "i hate my job'

Job also means a casual or unpaid work.

Lets be realistic, if he takes the company to court for unlawful or unjust dismissal, he would win them hands down especially if the company stated that the sack was as a result of the tweet!

He tweeted that on HIS PERSONAL TWEETER ACCOUNT

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by deobita(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
[b][/b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless[b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless[/b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by baba11(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
....It's something like this that makes me to be extra careful online even more than in real life..when i couldn't manage it any further on NL,i have to create alternative accounts for posting anything serious especially when money is involved!!!

There was a cased that affirmed my stance on this more last year in mbaise,Imo state when i want to passed my night in a site.......... #bank cool....It's something like this that makes me to be extra careful online even more than in real life..when i couldn't manage it any further on NL,i have to create alternative accounts for posting anything serious especially when money is involved!!!

There was a cased that affirmed my stance on this more last year in mbaise,Imo state when i want to passed my night in a site.......... #bank
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by kings09(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
u think? Shows u no de read b4 makin comments
ymdo:
The rate at which people make up stories just to trend is alarming.
Snapshots of the tweet or ...
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by madjune(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
I remember during my early days as an employee...I picked a call in the office not knowing it was my boss an accidentally said sh.t while I talked.

It was like heaven came down that day.

Well, you say some things either when jobless or running your own biz.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by DorisK(f): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=Donald3d post=49100550]I hate my job!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue[/quote
Do u have job
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by kingmekus(m): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
herzern:

must you talk without lettinq yhur senses take a part??......
heeeey!!! Na crime to ask question again for Here. Am sorry O !!
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by MicroBox: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
What is wrong with the expression... sometimes your work can be very stressful such that you will want to go somewhere lonely and shout "F.uck my Work"...
I also hate my Work that has being putting food on my table, that I used to build where I lay my head above all my wedding....But
F uck my Work
F.uck all my boss
F.uck outsourcing
F.uch Federal government..

He should sue the f.ucking bank for using his privacy to nail him..
To hell with any boss that have the heart of sacking someone without considering the employee dependant..
F.uck devil for engineering such thing..
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by nkemjacob2(m): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
80% of nigerians work in areas where dey dont have passion
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Aida13: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
Dumb bosses
That's why I like America of its them they'll try to find out why the employee hates his job and try to do their best to rectify things while also motivating him to be more positive

Anyone can tell the guy is just feeling down for a minute anyone has those days. I wish I can fire those employers too angry
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Donald3d(m): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=DorisK post=49106342][/quote] i dont have ooo,i am my own boss na

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by rio8484(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
I hate my job too ( oya lemme see how my oga go know say na me for nl)
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by lastpage: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
misterkay:
he can now get a job he loves. Happy hunt

Well, since it is "Tweet" that cause him his job, let him "Tweet" again about how much he missed his job and how much he would love to be back at his desk.

His employers can only be fair to him, by according the same gravity to his second tweet, like they did to the first.

Wetin concern me sef, let him go and seek employment at Tweeter Office.
grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by CaptainDKY: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Davash222:
Now he should try blowwJOB tongue
Lool. All job na job.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Talentteam100(f): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Mehn Nigerians are so judgmental, is it bad to express that you hate your job. All y'all insulting him it's so unnecessary
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Zedoo(m): 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
soberdrunk:
Same way one of my junior colleagues insulted me on NL the other day, people can be very 'careless' oo, Just checked his profile and saw his Picture, he is Just lucky 'gulder' drinkers dont take things to heart, i for frustrate am till he use hin hand resign. Moral of the story: Be careful what You say online!

In a way I believe that goes for everybody (you inclusive). As much as you try to paint the employee as a sassy person (which anyone in your shoe would do) there is a chance your own action warranted his reaction....not saying insults are justified but who are we kidding? We all know in Nigeria we pay eye-service respect especially to those above us on the ladder, as soon as there is a free playing field trust to see the most wonderful jaw-breaking insults spewed in every direction.....

The internet esp on.forums lyk this is free for all... And its quite easy to assume "soberdrunk" (the name) is just one hapless thread jumper.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Zedoo(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Talentteam100:
Mehn Nigerians are so judgmental, is it bad to express that you hate your job. All y'all insulting him it's so unnecessary

Nigerians have sold their soul for monetary gains...how can the nation ever be well, when the ideal thing is for one to keep quiet about anything (even extreme evil) as long as he is surviving on money from it...

This dude said his truth....

He deserves a medal and a job he loves... Period.....

Nigerians..
.plate washers.....they have turned the internet to the political arena....person no fit talk wetin I'm.feel agn. Damn the consequences.... Its all vanity....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Zedoo(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
nkemjacob2:
80% of nigerians work in areas where dey dont have passion

And 80% stay depressed for 80% of their lifespan.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by shurlermoz(m): 11:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
well, I hope he wld learn his lessons now.
People shd always be careful of what they post because you might never know, I heard about another guy who joined others to criticise his employer on twitter. he said something like "don't mind those South African companies, na so dem dey do"
Dem don sack now, in his next job he will be more careful.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by shurlermoz(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2016
Zedoo:

Nigerians have sold their soul for monetary gains...how can the nation ever be well, when the ideal thing is for one to keep quiet about anything (even extreme evil) as long as he is surviving on money from it...

Nigerians..
.plate washers.....they have turned the internet to the political arena....person no fit talk wetin I'm.feel agn. Damn the consequences.... Its all vanity....

No employer wants an employee that doesn't live what he does, how do you expect him to do his best when he hates what he is doing?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Zedoo(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2016
shurlermoz:

No employer wants an employee that doesn't live what he does, how do you expect him to do his best when he hates what he is doing?

Point is. He is not wrong for expressing himself...no matter the cost.....
It (the sack) may or may not be what he needs to actually develop the courage to face other things he wants to do...
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Talentteam100(f): 12:52am On Sep 06, 2016
Zedoo:

Nigerians..

I tell you. They are just insulting the guy. I'm sure most of the people insulting him haven't had a real job before to know what it feels like to stress yourself and get little pay but keep going to work because you got no choice

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by ERCROSS(m): 12:53am On Sep 06, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
grin grin grin grin Tie ti baaa...he should really try it...am sure his gonna love it..

babe... how far naa... longest Tyme ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Decryptor(m): 1:29am On Sep 06, 2016
soberdrunk:
Same way one of my junior colleagues insulted me on NL the other day, people can be very 'careless' oo, Just checked his profile and saw his Picture, he is Just lucky 'gulder' drinkers dont take things to heart, i for frustrate am till he use hin hand resign. Moral of the story: Be careful what You say online!

Is it omen..ka?
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by pippimp(m): 2:25am On Sep 06, 2016
Talentteam100:

It can only happen in Nigeria. They should come and fire someone like that in the U.S and see if they won't sue their pants off. What the employer should have asked is why does he hate his job. If he can feel that way, then others might feel the same way too. An unhappy employee is an unproductive employee.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Kobicove(m): 4:09am On Sep 06, 2016
GboyegaD:

Oga, why e dey pain you wetin the guy write. People have a right to express themselves and the onlh time he deserves such will be if he sucks on the job.

If you have ever worked for a professional organization then you should realize that your conduct and utterances reflect on your employer; you are therefore exoected to maintain the highest level of decorum. undecided

Such irresponsible and unguarded utterances damage brand value!
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by otemanuduno: 4:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
I hate my job!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue
I have kept your letter inside the sack cheesy
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by badaoyeyemi(f): 6:24am On Sep 06, 2016
I dey oooo...na recession cause am ooo..
ERCROSS:

babe... how far naa... longest Tyme ooo
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Alaminz(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
Exactly ,i am my own boss,
really...so u bi the oga...i see..nice..may Allah bless your business..
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Alaminz(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2016
Donald3d:
Exactly ,i am my own boss,
really...so u bi the oga...i see..nice..may Allah bless your business..
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Carter4luv(m): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2016
a bricklayer will say i love my job and praying for more contract, a banker says Bleep i hate my job. ure d cuz of ur own downfall...
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Gbengageorge: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2016
Deobita, I can help you with it. Contact me on watsap 08067527794

deobita:
[b][/b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless[b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless[/b]Greetings.... please I need answer to the question below... using MS-Excel...... I am in need of the procedure to go about this excel problem... any one with knowledge on Excel or spreadsheet should assist.. God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics) / ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.