Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector (30004 Views)

How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga / Please I Need Tips On Starting An Online Thrift Store... / Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by Akanbibabatunde(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
daretodiffer:
Your mama na the e-LovePeddler!
your papa ...lol...

Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pls no need to quarell over the post
Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Please everyone quarrelling over the issue of whether Yorubas forbade tripplets or not should stop. I wonder why we must quarell over such. The OP could have made a mistake in the write up but that doesn't call for quarrelling.

Sincerely there is none of such in the History of Yorubas but but, it could be that in the region or village part of Yoruba land where the man comes from triplets are forbidden. For example. in Yoruba land we have what we call idile or Iran , and that is where the oriki ibile comes in, E.g onirese, iyan bi nlolu, Ikomi oniran. Laro,.

What I'm driving at is that it is not in history that it is forbidden for Yorubas to eat, Okete, Aja, igbin etc or drink palm wine, or oguro etc but it is forbidden for some families in Yoruba land to eat some food or drink some drinks, And it has adverse effects on some of them till date if they do it,
So it could be that triplets were forbidden in the family lineage of the man.
Of course not all over Yoruba land.

So there is no need to insult the OP or anyone. the essence of this kind of post is to educate not to argue.

Peace to all.
Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by Ghost01(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
daretodiffer:
We gave too many Omo ales in our midst , some even have the guts to attack me sef

Don't mind them. The collapse of our traditional family system is also to blame. Some of these ones who will be pumping their chests left, right and centre claiming that they are educated have little or no idea about Yoruba history and traditions. Met one two months ago who was claiming that Mary Slessor stopped the killing of twins in Yorubaland, until I corrected him. May Olodumare have mercy!
Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by DavidEsq(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Hahaha...it means your head is as sharp as Alajo Somolu's.
Oh wow! That song is so dope. My madam always dances to it and her waist wyning no be here. Such a great song. Brymo sha. I cut cap for the dude.
Re: ALAJO SOMOLU, Nigeria’s Most Famous Thrift Collector by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nice one Op, even though i was quite young then bt i still remember baba alajo shomolu in d early 90's wen we used to visit my maternal grandma in Shomolu for holidays, u will see him in d evenings wit his Raleigh bicycle ringing his bell to notify customers of his arrival.
I remember us as little kids flocking him jst to press his bell nd him tauting us wit our nicknames, some kids will even chase after his bicycle wen he leaves bcs then d streets was so safe from every ills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Builds 200 Houses For Boko Haram Victims In Borno (Photos) / How U Can Start Your Export Business And Start Making Up To #200,000 Monthly / Adama Indimi Celebrates Husband, Prince Malik On Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.