Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers (442 Views)

5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Should Stop Doing / VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know / An Open Letter To Bloggers Struggling To Get More Traffic By Jon Morrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by MaverickExcel1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
I am sick and tired of people who come to me saying, “teach me how to start a successful blog” and when I ask, “do you have the time, money and resources to start and run a successful blog”?, I usually get responses like, “I’m broke, I don’t have money”. “I’m a student, please help me”. “I have the time but no money”….bla bla bla…

Really?

You don’t have money and you want to start a successful blog?

Do you think that blogging is a get-rich-quick scheme? I’m sorry to disappoint you, it is not.

You expect me to give you a sermon on blogging and after that, you tell me thank you and run after another shiny object?

I think that’s insane.

Maybe you need to go read the report I wrote on my one year in blogging.

Read: Congratulations! Maverick Excel is One

Or perhaps I should give you a little gist about it.

I made lots of investments into my blog before ever making a kobo from it.

Google was my closest friend. I read every blog posts and ebooks about blogging.

I visited every successful blog I knew of and studied their blogs like a textbook. I visited at least 10 blogs every day.

I would read every second and minute of the day. At times, I read on the streets, in the toilet, in the kitchen and even while eating.

Most times, I read all through the night.

I didn’t email every blogger I knew asking them how to start a successful blog. I started one and only asked for feedback.

I made a thousand and one mistakes. I spent lots of money to start a blog. I spent over 20 hours trying to install a blog.

At a point, I went to work as a laundry boy just to get money to support my blog. I hated the job. My mum was mad at me. My friends laughed at me. They called me laundry boy.

Not only that, my salary was a ridiculous #7,000. I worked from 7am-10pm. Sometimes, I closed by 11pm. It was a terrible experience. I endured it all because I was looking at the bigger picture.

I never gave up. Never stopped learning.

After complaining about how little my salary was, my boss increased it to #8,000. I worked there a couple of months until I got tired of receiving peanut.

I resigned.

I got another job as a class teacher the same day I resigned from my laundry job. My present salary was #10,000. I cared less because it was better than what I was receiving in the previous job.

After two months, my salary was increased to #11,000. I resigned. I was called back to work again. This time my salary was #13,000 forever.

It was not quite long, I got another job as a home teacher for #12,000. Now, my salary was #25,000. I got another job as a home teacher or #5,000.

Now, my total salary for a month was #30,000.

Guess what happened to all that money?

I invested all into my blog.

Somebody who was earning that much in a month was supposed to be living large, buying fancy cloths, shoes and designer perfumes.

But, I was always broke.

My shoes were in “things fall apart” and my cloths were crying for replacement. I was earning 30k in a month but my life didn’t look like it.

Keeping three jobs was the most stressful thing I’ve done in my life. I was emaciating. My friends would say, “guy you don lean o”. I smiled in shame. If only they knew what I was passing through.

I went through hell. No, I mean, I lived in hell just to make sure that my dream of having a successful blog came through.

You see, I didn’t bother people with my life. In fact, I never asked my mum for a dime to invest into my blog. It is my life and I take full responsibility for it.

I didn’t go stalking anybody asking them how to start a blog.

I read. I googled. I learned. I worked. I ground. I strove. I hustled.

I’m writing this post to challenge all those people who do come to me asking how to start a successful blog and at the same time don’t have a kobo to spend on it.

Is there anybody who ever starts a business without investing into it?

Read more here>>> http://maverickexcel.com/an-open-letter-to-aspiring-bloggers/

Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by Tunababa8v(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
I dey always see people dey write FTC for this position . Abeg wetin ftc mean..
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by mokoshalb(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
Tunababa8v:
I dey always see people dey write FTC for this position . Abeg wetin ftc mean..
Lol! means First-To-Comment..

Back to the topic, OP nice write-up... Newbies don't see the clearer picture of blogging!
If you are an aspiring blogger, you will see money in blogging from afar, but you will keeping running towards it for years before you get to it, don't forget you will also meet huge obstacles!
Only the fittest will make it through...

1 Like

Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nice bro. Uncle Lalasticlala, let your snake move this thread....
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by enoch273: 4:53am On Sep 06, 2016
Hm, everybody now don begin write open letter, and them no sabi write application letter, God dey

1 Like

Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by Zico4real(m): 5:59am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2016
Nice one..
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by Interesting15: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2016
Op. Post the full article here. This is a front page material.
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by kingDELE(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm. New way to get traffic. New bloggers, b aware....

The thorri swit sha
Re: An Angry Open Letter To Aspiring Bloggers by DoyenExchange: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
Op, on point.

(1) (Reply)

Website For Sale With Premuim Domain / Simhostng Introduces Free SMS Poll / Read This Before Buying Your Next Web Hosting Account...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.