Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? (30478 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / List Of Minimum Salaries By Countries Of The World / 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by kennethbetha: 8:52am On Sep 06, 2016
I just heard a disturbing news that commercial banks are embarking on a 30% salary slash of their staff in a bid to reduce cost. Someone from Zenith Bank said they have received correspondence to that effect. Can someone please confirm this?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Fataiwo(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2016
I think i heard similar thing.. Op if en reach fp, u go know better. Cc:lala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 06, 2016
Its better than firing some.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by kennethbetha: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2016
Mod please move to front page so we can know the actual situation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by taiwoowiat: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2016
Yes, it's very true. Some banks here in Kano will started implementing it end of September.

Depending on your take home. Slashing will be from 10, 20, 30, 40-60%

Mehn, the recession is very true

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Emboabajunior(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari's impact angry

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by ideology(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2016
It is true some banks started in August.

Not only banks most companies esp the ones managed by Indians and Chinese had already effected 50% slash.

Special thanks to Ngeneukwenu, gbakwe, dropshot, passingshot kiss kiss kiss and Jarus and co

Am waiting for fuel price to increase to 200/litre and $1 = #1000
kennethbetha:
I just heard a disturbing news that commercial banks are embarking on a 30% salary slash of their staff in a bid to reduce cost. Someone from zenith bank said they have received correspondence to that effect.
Can someone please comfirm this.

cc: mizmycoli, tonyebarcanista, temitemi1, mynd44, seun, lalasticlala

18 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by kenshin17(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2016
wao.impressive.i hope Buhari is happy about this development. Mtcheeeew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Decibel: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks to Buhari and his Economic illiterate team

21 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Unike1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
realpoacher:

At the bolded, this is where alot of you pessimist are missing the point.... MMM doesn't take from only new members because both old, former and new members contribute I.e PH and Re-PH monthly.

So its not as if MMM collects from a new member A and wait for another new member B to pay new member A. No! Any old member can be linked (paired) with new member A to pay him and another old member linked to new member B. It's a continuous vicious and constantly rotating cycle. If you PH today, you will get GH tomorrow, next tomorrow you will and must come back to Re-PH next tomorrow else the system deletes you.

Oga, this model or program will last for a very long time my friend because the designer already thought out the variables.

MUMU people will not understand something before they bad mouth it... angry

Mr know it all, you still haven't answered my question? On what economic model does MMM thrive? Can you explain what happens when GH becomes greater than PH? Rubbish!!!

And did you just call it vicious cycle? You know what that word means You have a long way to go learner. I'm just too busy to engage in such rant with you. My interest is to help innocent people out there at the verge of being defrauded by a Vicious rogue.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by veekid(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Bihari's change is corrosive; easily circulated; we dey feel buhari big time

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Seun(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
Well, slashing salaries is better than mass retrenchment.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by Sveen: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
Things are only getting worse, we better brace for impact of this reckless administration.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by jnrbayano(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2016
Why can't this man resign honourably?

4 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by herzern(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari strikes aqain!!!

6 Likes

Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by worlexy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? by VickyRotex(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is serious! Baba God sanu wa! embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector / Npower Resignation: Ex-volunteer Gets Call From Abuja, Share Testimony (story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.