Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? (8384 Views)

What The Car You Drive Says About You / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / 12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Untainted007: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Driving in Lagos city and its metropolis in the midst of commercial drivers popularly known as 'danfo drivers', the amatuer private car owners tagged as 'I can drive myself' and the tricycle also known as 'Napep' is not an easy task as people in other cities in Nigeria have always give kudos to Lagos drivers, some even vowed that they can never reside in Lagos not to talk of driving on Lagos routes. I had a thought about it this morning while driving down to the office if people can actually drive in Lagos without using their vehicle's horn in a day, month or even drive a car without any horn at all. Even with your horn, 'danfo drivers' never care to look at if you are coming or not.

I gave it a try at a time when I had little accident with my front bumper leading to damage of my horn, I could not bear it beyond 24hours, because it made me to be so at alert, and be thinking every commercial buses is going to hit me due to their unchallant attitudes while driving. Here comes the question if any body can boast of driving in Lagos busy cities like Mushin, Iyana Oworo, Ketu-Ojota, Ajah axis, Ojodu berger (Beneath the bridge), Agege - Pen Cinema, Orile etc without using the horn for a week at least or a month?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
it's a bad driving habit to blare horns indiscriminately, one of the reasons we fail driving tests outside the country. Unfortunately Lagos is not a normal society, a lot of impatient drivers, it is possible to drive without blaring horns only when the horn is not functional in lagos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Drive in Lagos without horn ke? My voice will be the horn then. Something has to do the shouting, right?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Untainted007: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Drive is Lagos without horn ke? My voice will be the horn then. Something has to do the shouting, right?

Hahahahahahah. This got me laughing out loud. But it's the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by diportivo: 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Drive is Lagos without horn ke? My voice will be the horn then. Something has to do the shouting, right?

True talk bros

Cos even with all the horn sef,some of us still shout grin

8 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Whizpeter(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
KolewerK

3 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by jukeblam(m): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
I used to think it was impossible but it's quite possible; I drive for weeks without honking.

It takes extra patience/tolerance though; plus person with right of way oo, plus the one wey no get right of way oo...you just give them space to prevent any fender bender- or worse. Like the op said, you just stay a lot more alert, cos these Lagos drivers are maniacs.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by edlion57(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2016
Haba...see question.. Ur next question will b can u drive in lagos without a brake...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by simplemach(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2016
Except you go fly follow up
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2016
Such a question. Even the Op knows it's not possible.
Attempting to do it is like deliberately playing dumb when you have a mouth. The end result? - frustration...........except you're a monk.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2016
a month? not possible, even inside compound,
i use horn to call my neighbor who parks behind me to move his car,
then use horn to signal the gateman, after he open the gate i blow another horn as he waves me goodbye,
another double horn to greet oga John, a nearby shopkeeper who gives me items on credit when salary is delayed wink

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Themind: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2016
In all those mentioned places, a day is not enough. Even when you are extremely careful and patient, you car will be bashed for been too slow, they will overtake you from all impossible angles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2016
When you're not in yankee. In yankee you can drive without pressing your horn for a year. NO kidding

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nairadays: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2016
No.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Odunharry(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2016
Xpect statements like this..

Oga u want jam person, you no fit blow your horn..

Your ear dey pain u abi?? U no dey hear horn?

To me it depends on the area and route taken..

5 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by YINKS89(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2016
den u re on your own....... ts a no 4 mi thou.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by chikids(m): 6:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Hmmmm, I can't drive without a horn cos it is my horn that sometimes control other drivers around me.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by greatgod2012(f): 6:36am On Sep 07, 2016
In some less-busy towns, it's possible, but in Lagos, it can never be possible, except there's something else to do the shouting.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Godwin2016: 6:38am On Sep 07, 2016
I haven't blown my car horn in years
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by greatgod2012(f): 6:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Lagos is a crazy city with mostly crazy people, hence, the use of horn very necessary.

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by ddeola: 6:39am On Sep 07, 2016
For where ! You did not even say 1 day. You must be on planet Mars grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Emeka71(m): 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Not with all the hectic traffic.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by adioolayi(m): 6:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Even if your horn is not working....You will unconsciously be pressing that damn thing...Lagos for show grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Naturallyme: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Lolz. Eko wenjele. Your horn only is not even enough. You hooz the horn, you shout " Were u no dey see". You use ur hand " yaka to anyone who misbehaves . the thing is horn no dey scare danfo driver. I know of one okada using 911 horn. The guy will get near you and hooz, you would have left the road for him before u realised it was just okada

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by xreal: 6:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Lagos? Noooo.
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by HonabFaj(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
That's one attitude we have to correct while driving ,many countries have moved away from horning when driving
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2016
Is that even possible?

When danfo wants to hit u, won't u
i can drive... Oga madam.
Mad men roaming as big men.

Shoo!
Its not possible!

Anyways

Drabeey was Here
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by kabukabu(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2016
No need for horn overseas, been years since I used mine.
But side note the worst drivers in the US are usually immigrants
Asians, Mexicans, Indians, and yes some Africans
Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by admax(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2016
It is very highly impossible! I have seen the most gentle people lose it totally in traffic.

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by rhektor(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Naturallyme:
Lolz. Eko wenjele. Your horn only is not even enough. You hooz the horn, you shout " Were u no dey see". You use ur hand " yaka to anyone who misbehaves . the thing is horn no dey scare danfo driver. I know of one okada using 911 horn. The guy will get near you and hooz, you would have left the road for him before u realised it was just okada

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 07, 2016
No. Because Lagos Danfo drivers will always get in your way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

❗️Call Me For Your Computerised Car Inspection In Ibadan And Lagos❗️ / Vehicles From Unauthorised Dealers Won't Be Registered - Lagos / Ford Introduces The Drift Stick Performance E-brake For The Focus RS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.