Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com (569 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com by GadgetsR: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
[img][/img]

Below are reasons why you should not use your phone to text or play while walking.

1. You might get hit by a car

Pressing your phone while walking is a bad etiquette, and one you must stop not because you will be die as result of been hit by a car but because it doesn’t speak well about your personality. It doesn’t give you that sense of confidence. It makes you look like someone who just bought a new phone and is flaunting it.

When you do this, you are vulnerable to accident. The most important sense organ for sight is being used to focus solely on a gadget other than to concentrate on things ahead. This will lead to my next point.

2. You are somehow unconscious about your environment

The above point is similar to this but I will give an example of what happened to my friend in the next point.

I know most people are guilty of this, even the reader of this article is guilty as well. I know how it feels like chatting with a close friend or with that special person of ours. I know the feeling when you can’t but reply to that message, not because there won’t be time but because you feel you are keeping the other person waiting.No matter the reason, it is unethical and you will be unaware of the things around you.

3. Your mobile phone might be illegally taken from you

A friend told me how his phone was taken illegally from him. This happened when he was engrossed with his phone and forgot that he was sitting close to the conductor’s seat in a public bus. The thief like they oft do had studied him and since he (the thief) was aware that 70% of our nerves are always directed towards our phone when we are chatting or watching a comic video, he took advantage of the moment and disappeared in a flash. My friend said he didn’t even come down, he just smiled in disbelief.

4. People will think you are senseless

I often look at people doing this and I call them senseless. Is the message so important? Or is the picture so beautiful that you can’t view it later? Or is that Display Picture so catchy that you can’t have a glimpse of it later? No matter the type of message I advice you don’t do this unless it’s a matter of emergency, stop and leave the road to reply.

5. You might hit your leg on a stone

This is so true. I have seen countless of people hit their legs on a stone s or even fall in a ditch along the road just because of pressing their phone while walking.

I know Gadgets have been of enormous benefits to us, however we cannot deny that its negative effect is hitting our personal life.I people should pocket their phones and just enjoy the walk at hand.

What do you think?
Re: Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com by Flexherbal(m): 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
You are right, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com by lekjons(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
You might trample and break your teeth..

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com by GadgetsR: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2016
lekjons:
You might trample and break your teeth..

Very valid point. I think I should update my article
Re: Five Reasons Not To Use Your Phone While Walking On The Road - Gadgetsradar.com by GadgetsR: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Flexherbal:
You are right, Sir.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Best Power Bank Product / In Need Of Uhappy UP580 Screen / Iland genesys ii Vs Mi-tribe A500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.