Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

The 80s And 90s Trends Making A Comeback - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The 80s And 90s Trends Making A Comeback (1398 Views)

Making A Good Hairstyle / 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 80s And 90s Trends Making A Comeback by glamafrica(f): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Source: http://glamafrica.com.ng

History tends to repeat itself—and the saying definitely holds true in the beauty and fashion world. While deep berry lips were a ’90s beauty staple, the trend can still be spotted on today’s red carpet.This is the decade that just keeps on giving. Check out nine ‘90s trends that have made a huge comeback because we just can’t let go of the past. No way — not when the clothes are this good, you know? The ’90s were a time of boy bands and denim on denim, so why wouldn’t we want to try and live in that moment forever? I can’t think of a good reason not to, and many, many people agree with me, at least in terms of style.From slip dresses to choker necklaces, there’s been quite a resurgence of ’90s fashion statements, especially lately and and having grown up in the decade myself, I couldn’t thank them more for it. There are definitely some lovable moments from my childhood that I am able to recreate today (in a slightly new way) and that’s what’s so great about fashion. It’s constantly reusing and reinventing, and the ‘90s are a great era to pull inspiration from, if you ask me.

Check out a few of the trends of the time that are going to be here to stay for a while. Let’s all bask in the 1990s glory a little bit longer, shall we?

1. The choker has a come a long way since the ’90s (remember the tattoo-style version?), but the look lives on.
2. The iconic ’90s shoe—you know you had a pair—has surfaced recently on street style stars.
3.A surprisingly timeless trend, the leather jacket has staying power-likely because it can be worn in three seasons of the year, and adds instant edge to any ensemble.
4. Jellies, in all their quirky glory, prove that no trend is immune to a resurgence.

Thought you’d never see platforms again after the Spice Girls separated? Think again. Young music starlets can’t get enough of the towering shoe trend. In 1997, the Spice Girls were larger than life in all aspects, and their footwear was no exception.

5.What would the ’90s be without the denim trend? Twenty years later, the jacket is here to stay-proving there’s no need to mess with a good thing. A fresh-faced Britney Spears in a dark denim jacket and a suede skirt. Now: Jamie Chung works the trend at the Coachella festival last spring.

6.The itty-bitty belly-baring shirts epitomized ’90s fashion, but the returning trend has taken on a more sophisticated tone, making a name for itself on the red carpet and even at award shows.

Source: http://glamafrica.com.ng

1 Share

Re: The 80s And 90s Trends Making A Comeback by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2016
Good old days

(1) (Reply)

Woman Sparks Outrage After Flaunting Her Asset In Controversial Outfit. Photos / Soft And Beautiful Bedsheets / Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.