Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Top 10 Reasons To Start A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 10 Reasons To Start A Blog (363 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 / 10 Reasons Your Website Gets No Visitors (and What To Do About It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons To Start A Blog by Dexterous1(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2016
There are many reasons to start a blog, but here are the top 10 reasons that really matter.

1. Document your life

This is by far the commonest reason to want to blog. When blogging first hit the limelight, people created blogs and used them as their personal diaries.

They kept a regular account of events happening in their world and shared with friends and associates. Blogs still serve this purpose till today; you might also want to try it.

2. Improve your writing craft

There’s no doubt that blogging can help to improve your writing craft.

Here’s how it works: the more you write, the more your writing gets criticized, therefore the better you would become.

So if getting a big boost for your writing craft is what you’ve always craved but you’re yet to figure out how to achieve it, then you need to start blogging!

3. Express yourself

Are you an introvert who rarely expresses his view publicly? Or you’re an extrovert and you need to express certain ideas that you have?

Then starting a blog will help you find an audience. First, it helps you conquer your fears and then gives you a unique voice.

4. Share knowledge

In one of my blog posts, I once shared my random thoughts on blogging, where I said:

“bloggers are teachers who teach others what they know; entrepreneurs who make a living blogging; business people who help other businesses grow; marketers who create awareness on useful products, and mentors or life coaches who inspire people to greatness.”

So if you know something that’s worth sharing, you need a blog to help do that.

5. Become a better person

Have you ever seen a blogger that blogging hasn’t helped to become a better person? I personally haven’t.

Essentially, a blog helps you to: improve yourself, think better, build relationships, be more confident, expand your horizon, become disciplined, build credibility and stay focused.

Therefore, if you’ve been blogging and any of these hasn’t happened to you, you had better be doing something else.

6. Become an expert

Yes, you heard me right. Blogging helps you become an expert. As a blogger, you’re like a professor who knows so much about a small aspect of knowledge.

Smart bloggers focus on a niche, and that’s why they’re experts (or authorities) at what they do. That’s why Brian Dean is the king of link building, and Neil Patel remains the father of content marketing.

7. Publish books

Having a blog is the easiest way to become a published author. Blog content collected over time is the secret behind the several books published by bloggers.

This is what Writers’ Digest teaches in this article. So get it straight: the easiest way to getting published is to write your book on your blog!

8. Promote a good cause

With a blog, you can raise money for charity, create awareness on an issue of global concern or promote a petition.

In summary, a blog helps to create a positive impact in the society. Should you get involved in any of these activities, consider using a blog to promote it.

9. Build your brand

Are you looking to create a killer brand? Use a blog. So whether you’re a freelance writer, a digital marketer or an SEO company, you can use your blog to create a unique brand that people can easily identify with.

This is because a blog helps to build an online personality, promote conversations and build connections.

10. Make money

This list would not be complete if I fail to mention that you can also start a blog if you want to make money online.

Some of the ways to make money as a blogger include creating and selling your own physical or digital products, and promoting other people’s products (affiliate marketing).

Other methods include selling podcast, getting speaking engagements, freelance-writing for clients, creating membership sites, and writing product reviews, among many others.

Read more on how to start a blog at https://freelancingpro.net/start-blog/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Little Bit Of Inspiration / Albertson Media To Launch Their Web Design Company In Ogere Remo, Ogun State / Please Help Me Design A Header

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.