Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better (14937 Views)

Android Tv Box For Sale(2g+16g) / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria / K1 Plus Amlogic S905 Kodi Tv Box better than DSTV, GOTV and STARTIMES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2016
Recently I bought an android TV box, the image when connected to my 32" LED TV was superb, came with kodi v16.1 pre installed which has about 4000 TV channels including all the favourite channels you can think of .

Few days ago I subscribe 2gb of data for #1000 and I was able to stream about 2 live matches.

By calculation it seems streaming is more affordable now since it's a pay per view service, unlike Dstv where one is forced to pay about #15k per month for full bouquet subscription services for one to watch all live EPL matches, services you might not have time to enjoy due to factors like powe and time..just an observation anwaygrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by VhatAmazingDude: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2016
If it has SkySports transmission for all big matches, then you are talking. Can I see the channels list for Premier League fixtures?

Until then, I don't mind sacrificing N9,420 monthly to have beloved SS3 HD on my Zapper. It's much but my love for football trascends the pain of parting with that cash.

2 Likes

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:
If it has SkySports transmission for all big matches, then you are talking. Can I see the channels list for Premier League fixtures?

Until then, I don't mind sacrificing N9,420 monthly to have beloved SS3 HD on my Zapper. It's much but my love for football trascends the pain of parting with that cash.

Yes, mine has all the skysports including BTsports 1 to 4
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by VhatAmazingDude: 11:58am On Sep 07, 2016
ameh99:

Yes, mine has all the skysports including BTsports 1 to 4

Okay.. I will try to quote you on Saturday.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Twistkihd(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
ameh99:
Recently I bought an android TV box, the image when connected to my 32" LED TV was superb, came with kodi v16.1 pre installed which has about 4000 TV channels including all the favourite channels you can think of .

Few days ago I subscribe 2gb of data for #1000 and I was able to stream about 2 live matches.

By calculation it seems streaming is more affordable now since it's a pay per view service, unlike Dstv where one is forced to pay about #15k per month for full bouquet subscription services for one to watch all live EPL matches, services you might not have time to enjoy due to factors like powe and time..just an observation anwaygrin
pls wre n for how much did u get the android TV box and how basically doz it works
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
ameh99:

Except you have unlimited data, I think dstv is cheaper

9 Likes

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
ameh99:

How much did you buy and where? Someone need a stable connection though
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
twinskenny:

How much did you buy and where? Someone need a stable connection though

Plenty on Jumia and Konga.

I use Glo 48gb every 2 weeks though.

Switching to Ntel unlimited soon.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
EnterPRO:

Plenty on Jumia and Konga.

I use Glo 48gb every 2 weeks though.

Switching to Ntel unlimited soon.

How much is the 48Gb?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by CLASSMAN: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
To me iptv is the best with ntel, no restrictions of stations watch till u tire
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by smsglory(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
ameh99:

Where did you get the ANDROID TV BOX FROM
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Phonefanatic: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
We don't have reliable internet services yet so it's likely to be a headache when those silly network providers start their craze
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
CLASSMAN:
To me iptv is the best with ntel, no restrictions of stations watch till u tire

Ntel don't cover everywhere
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
twinskenny:

How much is the 48Gb?

N6500 from data sellers
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Jeffchuks: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
Except you have unlimoited data, I think dstv is cheaper

Dstv is far cheaper because for you to stream HD sports channel for two hours will take like 2GB minimum and by calculation that's above 1k aside on glo network. Multiply that by 5games on Saturday and 3games on Sunday maybe one game on Monday night, you would have spent not less than 3k for 3days for just weekend games. Assuming you also love to see the latest movies and TV shows around the world. Then you will understand that Dstv is by far less expensive compared to any setup box.

3 Likes

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
The android box is definitely better. You would watch all sorts till you get tired, bored or exhausted..........
But data investment is a must. To watch movies once movie starts disconnect data, it seems to still stream,dont ask me how.........

2 Likes

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jeffchuks:

Dstv is far cheaper because for you to stream HD sports channel for two hours will take like 2GB minimum and by calculation that's above 1k aside on glo network. Multiply that by 5games on Saturday and 3games on Sunday maybe one game on Monday night, you would have spent not less than 3k for 3days for just weekend games. Assuming you also love to see the latest movies and TV shows around the world. Then you will understand that Dstv is by far less expensive compared to any setup box.

Does Dstv show latest movies still showing at the cinemas?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jeffchuks:

Can you check your mail on dstv? Create and upload office documents, or play the latest android games?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
EnterPRO:

N6500 from data sellers

thats better really.. i need to get the box
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

lol dstv show recycle movies...all year round.

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
twinskenny:

lol dstv show recycle movies...all year round.

LOL. So the android box is GOOD, BETTER & BEST ................

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
twinskenny:

thats better really.. i need to get the box

You would love it
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by admindim: 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
android is good with awoof data u can nt buy 1gig and think u will enjoy it
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Jeffchuks: 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
EnterPRO:

Can you check your mail on dstv? Create and upload office documents, or play the latest android games?

No you can't.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Jeffchuks: 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Yes on explorer through box office preloaded you can rent latest movies.

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Jeffchuks: 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
EnterPRO:

No you can't.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jeffchuks:

Why rent when you can own ?

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jeffchuks:

And its not latest movies you are renting. You are renting movies that have already been pushed to DVD,bluray or downloadable through such platforms....................................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jeffchuks:

u right

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
u right

The beauty of the data you buy, you can port it across all your smart devices.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The beauty of the data you buy, you can port it across all your smart devices.
safe for the cost of data, I ll pick Internet tv over any satellite TV.

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
safe for the cost of data, I ll pick Internet tv over any satellite TV.

I fully understand your point..................... But for me, android box rules ...................

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mac Pro Core I5,core I7 Anything About Apple 189,000 / Clean Nokia 603 with latest OS (symbian belle FP2) For Sale / Usa Used Black Blackberry Z10 IN STOCK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.