Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better (14968 Views)

Android Tv Box For Sale(2g+16g) / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria / K1 Plus Amlogic S905 Kodi Tv Box better than DSTV, GOTV and STARTIMES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I fully understand your point..................... But for me, android box rules ...................
too much money! Enjoy bro.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
too much money!

Oga, no be so o
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=twinskenny post=49164407]

lol dstv show recycle movies...all year round.[/quote

Did I hear recycle....over recycle should be the right word....very rubbish poeple and their monopoly
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by mfm04622: 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
ameh99:
Recently I bought an android TV box, the image when connected to my 32" LED TV was superb, came with kodi v16.1 pre installed which has about 4000 TV channels including all the favourite channels you can think of .

Few days ago I subscribe 2gb of data for #1000 and I was able to stream about 2 live matches.

By calculation it seems streaming is more affordable now since it's a pay per view service, unlike Dstv where one is forced to pay about #15k per month for full bouquet subscription services for one to watch all live EPL matches, services you might not have time to enjoy due to factors like powe and time..just an observation anwaygrin

How much is the subscription? Thanks
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by siempere(m): 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
For the ones that have d android boxes already kkindly tell us the make of d ones u have b4 pesin go buy nonsense for market tnks...
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 12:26am On Sep 10, 2016
ameh99:
Recently I bought an android TV box, the image when connected to my 32" LED TV was superb, came with kodi v16.1 pre installed which has about 4000 TV channels including all the favourite channels you can think of .

Few days ago I subscribe 2gb of data for #1000 and I was able to stream about 2 live matches.

By calculation it seems streaming is more affordable now since it's a pay per view service, unlike Dstv where one is forced to pay about #15k per month for full bouquet subscription services for one to watch all live EPL matches, services you might not have time to enjoy due to factors like powe and time..just an observation anwaygrin

hi ameh99, please what's the working url u're using or the the link to download the iptv channel list. thanks a bunch
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 3:38am On Sep 10, 2016
siempere:
For the ones that have d android boxes already kkindly tell us the make of d ones u have b4 pesin go buy nonsense for market tnks...

I have MXQ & NPET android boxes

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I have MXQ & NPET android boxes

Can u share ur working URL..... Tnx
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Can u share ur working URL..... Tnx

All the links are all preinstalled
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

All the links are all preinstalled

Lucky you, I have to input mine. Can you show a screenshot of ur pvr configuration screen.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Lucky you, I have to input mine. Can you show a screenshot of ur pvr configuration screen.

Let me turn on ............................. and take some shots .........................................
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Let me turn on ............................. and take some shots .........................................

thanks boss, i do appreciate.....
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

thanks boss, i do appreciate.....

Are this enough?

This shots from the NPET box running Lollipop

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Are this enough?

This shots from the NPET box running Lollipop

thanks for the effort bro, but u'll have to go to system, settings, then add-ons, my add-ons, pvr clients, pvr iptv simple client then configure, it's the configure screenshot i want to see.

thanks boss
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

thanks for the effort bro, but u'll have to go to system, settings, then add-ons, my add-ons, pvr clients, pvr iptv simple client then configure, it's the configure screenshot i want to see.

thanks boss

Ok. Let me dig through

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Ok. Let me dig through

thanks a lot bro, i can't see any url, it must be an internal config. thanks a bunch
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

thanks a lot bro, i can't see any url, it must be an internal config. thanks a bunch

Did you buy a fully loaded box or plain box?

You probably bought a plain box................
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Did you buy a fully loaded box or plain box?

You probably bought a plain box................

yeah it's a plain box, up until now i didn't know there was a difference. I don't have time for the stress so i guess i'll be taking it back, just installed mobdro for now, make i watch match finish; then it's back to jumia...
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

yeah it's a plain box, up until now i didn't know there was a difference. I don't have time for the stress so i guess i'll be taking it back, just installed mobdro for now, make i watch match finish; then it's back to jumia...

Best to buy the fully loaded box
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Nairaland don teach u something about ur box today. Seun should open nairaland university. We learn new things on nairaland everyday.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Best to buy the fully loaded box

Unfortunately, i don't know the difference; neither do the sellers online give you the full detail. Where did you get yours and for how much? or do you have someone that can load an IPTV Account and install channels to the box?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Unfortunately, i don't know the difference; neither do the sellers online give you the full detail. Where did you get yours and for how much? or do you have someone that can load an IPTV Account and install channels to the box?

I have 3 boxes. Two without antenna and one with antenna.
Bought them from the UK. The antenna MXQ (about £60) & the antenna free (about £30)
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Bought them from the UK. The antenna MXQ (about £60) & the antenna free (about £30)

Baba I need one u must sell for me oo
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

YouTube bro, YouTube!
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
twinskenny:

I have 5 for sale. TV Box and Android PC combo.

Details on WhatsApp.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

YouTube bro, YouTube!

Thanks bro, I got a url to about 790 channels but the downside is that it's not steady, worked last nite and didn't work today. Mine is an android tv and PC combo with a remix os. My only problem is that the kodi app is supposed to come loaded. I tried loading the add-ons myself but couldn't get a lot of add-ons ; basic genesis for video streaming no even dey add-on list.

So u see my fustration...
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Awesome bro, mine is MXQ but I think it's cloned cos it's not engraved on the box but painted. It's an android PC too; Very smooth my only worry being it's not preloaded and has no functional iptv account.

I tried some iptv channel urls as well as some m3u channel files but it's quite unstable. I want something stable bro, no time to waste hard earned money.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
twinskenny:

If I had for sale, would gladly sell. But I don't.........
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Awesome bro, mine is MXQ but I think it's cloned cos it's not engraved on the box but painted. It's an android PC too; Very smooth my only worry being it's not preloaded and has no functional iptv account.

I tried some iptv channel urls as well as some m3u channel files but it's quite unstable. I want something stable bro, no time to waste hard earned money.

MXQ has loads of clones. My mxq is not painted, it's engraved on the top case.
Would personally not know how to identify a clone from original. Mine still works perfect, almost 2 years now.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

MXQ has loads of clones. My mxq is not painted, it's engraved on the top case.
Would personally not know how to identify a clone from original. Mine still works perfect, almost 2 years now.

U're lucky bro, what OS does urs run on? Mine runs on Remix OS with playstore and youtube pre-installed, the only other app is Kodi. Oh well let's see how it goes; am returning mine cos it looks as if it had been used and returned b4, maybe it's the same issue. But let's see how it pans out.

Cheers
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

U're lucky bro, what OS does urs run on? Mine runs on Remix OS with playstore and youtube pre-installed, the only other app is Kodi. Oh well let's see how it goes; am returning mine cos it looks as if it had been used and returned b4, maybe it's the same issue. But let's see how it pans out.

Cheers

Mine runs pure android. The MXQ's are on KK, while the NPET is running Lollipop............
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Mine runs pure android. The MXQ's are on KK, while the NPET is running Lollipop............

Remix OS is lollipop but a developers hybrid, with all the access to playstore ET Al

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usa Used Black Blackberry Z10 IN STOCK / CISCO EXAM MATERIALS FOR CCNA, CCNP, SIMULATIORS / OneVPN Tweak For Mtn On Android And PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.