Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,954,000 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better (15542 Views)

Android Tv Box For Sale(2g+16g) / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria / K1 Plus Amlogic S905 Kodi Tv Box better than DSTV, GOTV and STARTIMES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Remix OS is lollipop but a developers hybrid, with all the access to playstore ET Al

You can tell I am not a techy that love's tinkering. I don't do tinkering, ROM's etc etc etc
The best I would do is ROOT...............
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

YouTube bro, YouTube!

Could you help with the link?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You can tell I am not a techy that love's tinkering. I don't do tinkering, ROM's etc etc etc

Neither would I, I don't even root grin
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Neither would I, I don't even root grin

I am slightly more brave then. LOL................
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I am slightly more brave then. LOL................

Yes oh my brother, you definitely are...... And for that I hail thee..

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
My box came pre installed with kodi v16.1 and netflix which total stations of about 5000
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Could you help with the link?

I set mine up using :

Kodi - Easy Setup, Step-by-Step:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZr_SibuUY

You can get the current xfinity URL in the bio section. The one in the video seems outdated.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
ameh99:
My box came pre installed with kodi v16.1 and netflix which total stations of about 5000

Awesome bro, make, price and place of purchase pleaseeeeeeee
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

I have 5 for sale. TV Box and Android PC combo.

Details on WhatsApp.

okay please whatsapp me details
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

U're lucky bro, what OS does urs run on? Mine runs on Remix OS with playstore and youtube pre-installed, the only other app is Kodi. Oh well let's see how it goes; am returning mine cos it looks as if it had been used and returned b4, maybe it's the same issue. But let's see how it pans out.

Cheers

I use MXQ with Remix OS too. Where did you get yours?

Streams flawlessly on Glo and MTN. What network do you use?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

I set mine up using :

Kodi - Easy Setup, Step-by-Step:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZr_SibuUY

You can get the current xfinity URL in the bio section. The one in the video seems outdated.

Thanks bro, I do appreciate ur help and pointers. Regards

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

I use MXQ with Remix OS too. Where did you get yours?

Streams flawlessly on Glo and MTN. What network do you use?

Got mine on Jumia and I use Ntel..
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
twinskenny:

okay please whatsapp me details

OK. Can also preload it before shipping.

Genesis, Exodus, Netflix and any other add-on.

Contact details on my profile.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by EnterPRO: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Got mine on Jumia and I use Ntel..

I heard ntel streams better if you use LAN rather than WiFi connection.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

hi ameh99, please what's the working url u're using or the the link to download the iptv channel list. thanks a bunch

My box came pre installed with kodi and Netflix so no need for any setup just plug and play direct
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
EnterPRO:

Theorectically it should work better since there are no signal losses due to transmission. Unfortunately, I use a mifi not a router so I can't say for sure. But the network is okay sha, even though the signal is pretty weak here in yaba, but when I used it at festac/amuwo bros na fire.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
ameh99:

My box came pre installed with kodi and Netflix so no need for any setup just plug and play direct

Cool, did u get it from a store here in naija
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Cool, did u get it from a store here in naija

A friend of mine sent it to me from dubai but you can get it on jumia
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
ameh99:

A friend of mine sent it to me from dubai but you can get it on jumia

My point exactly, the one I bought and would be returning was bought on Jumia, waiting to see someone that bought in naija without issues
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by rawdpiper(m): 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I thought the smart tv boxes only work in the USA, UK and not in Africa?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
rawdpiper:

You thought wrongly..........

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by twinskenny(m): 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
EnterPRO:

i which they cover to my end... Redemption camp
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by rawdpiper(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You thought wrongly..........

See me oooo.......Ignorance at the highest level.... So can I get one like the Nvidia Shield TV from the US and then come and use it Nigeria? Also there was a time I had Kodi on my system and I'll see latest films and when I click on them, it'll show not available or sumtin else. How do I get access to latest films?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Sep 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

See me oooo.......Ignorance at the highest level.... So can I get one like the Nvidia Shield TV from the US and then come and use it Nigeria? Also there was a time I had Kodi on my system and I'll see latest films and when I click on them, it'll show not available or sumtin else. How do I get access to latest films?

Simply use another addon like Phoenix, Exodus or Navi X (KODI)
Would not know about Nvidia Shield TV (Never used them before)
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

Android TV works anywhere provided their is 3g data coverage..I've been rocking mine Weller grin

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by ameh99: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Follow this simple process to install Exodus addon kodi
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by iliyande(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2016
I am using Android box for almost 2 years now. It is cheaper but not that very reliable at times when network start to misbehave.

I am happy with it because, the one I use is dvb s2/t2 I.e I can switch to free to Air channels for my family use.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
ameh99:
Recently I bought an android TV box, the image when connected to my 32" LED TV was superb, came with kodi v16.1 pre installed which has about 4000 TV channels including all the favourite channels you can think of .

Few days ago I subscribe 2gb of data for #1000 and I was able to stream about 2 live matches.

By calculation it seems streaming is more affordable now since it's a pay per view service, unlike Dstv where one is forced to pay about #15k per month for full bouquet subscription services for one to watch all live EPL matches, services you might not have time to enjoy due to factors like powe and time..just an observation anwaygrin
Now just imagine if you spent just half of that 15k on just data alone for a very stable connection. grin
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Flye: 4:13am On Dec 10, 2017
Guys I have unlimited Ntel I subscribe to every month but I don't really know what android TV box can do. If u don't mind how can I use it? Will I be able to view live match on it?
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by saint2ace(m): 5:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Flye:
Guys I have unlimited Ntel I subscribe to every month but I don't really know what android TV box can do. If u don't mind how can I use it? Will I be able to view live match on it?

Yes u can, just read thru this thread, u'll love what a TV box can do for u https://www.nairaland.com/3653419/which-android-tv-box-best ......... Cheers

1 Like

Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by Eghosa1(m): 6:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Nigeria really hasn't gotten to the level where we would compare both. If we had stable internet that was affordable, DSTV would be probably be out of business but DSTV is still the best sadly as they deliver their content well with very exciting features from their Explora.

Internet connection is expensive and erratic in Nigeria so DSTV wins this. For now.
Re: Smart Tv Box Vs Dstv Which Is Better by androidtvhub(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
A Specialized Online Store for Android Smart TV Boxes & Accessories
www.androidtvhub.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk used samsung galaxy S7 edge for 66k,JUNE price,call 08038940607 / AFFORDABLE UK USED PHONES FROM ARIKSON TELECOM / Brand New IPHONE 4/4s Bluetooth Leather/querty Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.