Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat (16311 Views)

Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos / Amaju Pinnick Wins CAF Executive Committee Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by ahamonyeka(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:

He is probably going to be good for treasurer post

Nah to handle money him go Sabi
ohhhh I see,well nigerians are good at it.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by mmsen: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
This man is delusional.

What has he done where anyone would give him a promotion?

He's been a disaster at the NFF.

Foolish man.

2 Likes

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by homesteady(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
This is one of the few good news that hardly comes by these days! grin
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by jhidey08(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Kx:
Elegbete 1 of Brila Sports has proven himself to be a sports prophet. He said something close to CAF rubbishing Picknic. Ever wondered why Issa Hayatou was not present in Nigeria to welcome Infantino in his place as CAF president?

Worst still is the fact that Picknic's personal interest seemingly pitched Nigeria against CAF hence the questionable officiating in the under aged competitions that Nigeria participated in and failed to make progress.
i was telling one guy this same thing on Nairaland last month but he said i was only looking for excuse 4d boys' failure. I'm very happy with this development, the man is going nowhere.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by khattab02: 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
fflamingo:
here in nairaland we reject him..
what has he achieved apart from failure ?
I give up on NFF the day he called Sunday oliseh, pep guardiola of Africa.
Chris giwa must not here this
hehehehe

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by onwuakpachris(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by phoenix90(m): 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Amaju Pinnick is quite a disappointment for Nigerian football. I see no reason why he will be seeking for a seat in CAF or FIFA when the very office he occupies in Nigeria is a mess. Out football is experiencing it's worst downturn in years safe for the NPFL which I still believe the hardwork of Nduka Irabor and Shehu Dikko has made popular thus far. Pinnick being a man with good sports administrative background and wonderful recommendations from top football stakeholders has left little to be desired. His days are surely numbered in the NFF. FIFA ko CAF ni. Get ur house in order first.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by yorhmienerd(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
Serves him right
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by toma3: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
good move by CAF
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by slex(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mr Pinnick, Nemesis is catching up with you. next in line...............DAULAG.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by papoose321: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
When dem go De commit up and down dem no get idea say nemesis no get twin CAF don say dis 1 na corruption picnic him go De conduct for Zurich
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by rainerboy1010: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Bolustic:
Pinnick ko, PICNIC ni.

Same man that messed up Stephen Keshi's burial, same man that could owe Samson Siasia & Stephen Keshi backlogs of salaries but could afford to hire a foreign coach.

CAF and FIFA aren't organizing any PICNIC, thus he is not needed there.

thank you

HE THINKS

they are sharing picmilk grin

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by rainerboy1010: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Giwa will be dancing azonto.... grin

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by icedbreez(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
What has he done that he is essentially asking for a promotion? NFF attracts bad people like ant to sugar. CAF saw through his phony act, unfortunately Nigerians don't usually know people that only wants to feather their own nest.

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Akiika: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
But seriously FIFA is a corrupt organization, Pinnick will fit perfectly! They figured he's the convicted criminal Ibrori's cousin and they fear his corruption skill may be too advanced for them grin

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by daveP(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hehhehehhe

Picnic the dreamer!!!!!!!

Patel or Albamy all the way

1 Like

Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by robosky02(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
why CAF rejected Pinnick

The last may not have been heard concerning the height at which Nigerian football is crumbling following unfolding revelations that the frosty relationship between embattled President of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF Amaju Pinnick and Confederation of African Football, CAF, Issa Hayatou has continued to grow worse be the day.

Coupled with controversies that brought in Pinnick-led NFF after Amb Chris Giwa and his executive board emerged as the country’s federation elected leaders on August 26, 2014, all football forces both within and outside Nigeria have swiftly descended on Pinnick and his board resulting to recent poor result being churned out day after day.

Nigerian Pilot Sports exclusively gathered that dilemma which has obviously enveloped Nigerian soccer since September 30, 2014 after Pinnick and group were declared winners in a Warri election NFF congress was doubled with eventual fallout between NFF and the continent football governing body, CAF.

“Pinnick and CAF Supremo, Hayatou who was interim FIFA President are now pitched in a seeming unending battle within the continent,” a senior NFF official who confided in our Correspondent revealed.
The source further disclosed that series of failures by the various national teams were not unconnected to the existing feud between Pinnick and CAF. For the first time ever, Nigeria failed to qualify for Africa Cup of Nations in two successive times under this administration marshaled by Pinnick.

The country’s U-20 and 17 teams disgracefully failed to qualify for the continent’s age group contest.
In fact, this medium was reliably informed that the impasse between the two Gladiators which led to the absence of CAF Boss, Hayatou when incumbent FIFA Presiden, Gianni Infantino showed up in Nigeria was later fired up when few football Presidents reportedly in good times with Pinnick came and receive Infantino and subsequently held a secret meeting bordering on how to impeach Hayatou who has remained in office for decades now.

The cold war we were also told began when NFF under Pinnick opted to vote Infantino during this year’s FIFA Presidential election as against the general CAF consensus to elect second-placed Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al Khalifa.

At the moment, football Analysts are of the view that Africa’s most populous Nation may fail to qualify for 2018 World Cup and subsequently struggle to qualify for 2019 Nations Cup if the current quagmire at the Glasshouse is left to continue.
Nigerian ex-international Emmanuel Babayaro described the situation as unfortunate while lamenting the state of affairs in the round leather game of the country.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Icon79(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
Amaju Pinnick may not be an angel but I think he's better than a few people who currently have representing Africa in FIFA. Mister Issa Hayatou or whatever da heck his name is, has been in FIFA since I can remember but what has he achieved for Africa? In fact, we definitely need some new blood to speak for us there.

Take for instance, the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) is made up of countries like: (Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Suriname and United States were founding members) could conceivably send 4 representatives (3 permanent reps and 1 playoff chance) to the World Cup. While a big Confederation like CAF can only send 5 reps.

Or you can look at it this way, to qualify for the world cup, countries like Mexico, Costa Rica, and the United States only have to defeat the likes of Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, and Suriname; whereas Nigeria would have to go through Algeria and Cameroun to qualify! And you don't even want me to start with the Euro reps either.

Where's the fairness there?!
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Seun360(m): 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Icon79:
Amaju Pinnick may not be an angel but I think he's better than a few people who currently have representing Africa in FIFA. Mister Issa Hayatou or whatever da heck his name is, has been in FIFA since I can remember but what has he achieved for Africa? In fact, we definitely need some new blood to speak for us there.

Take for instance, the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) is made up of countries like: (Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Suriname and United States were founding members) could conceivably send 4 representatives (3 permanent reps and 1 playoff chance) to the World Cup. While a big Confederation like CAF can only send 5 reps.

Or you can look at it this way, to qualify for the world cup, countries like Mexico, Costa Rica, and the United States only have to defeat the likes of Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, and Suriname; whereas Nigeria would have to go through Algeria and Cameroun to qualify! And you don't even want me to start with the Euro reps either.

I disagree with your asserssion, Participation is based on recent performance. Even Asian teams have faired better than Africans in the last 4-5 world cups.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Seun360(m): 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Icon79:

I disagree with your asserssions, Participation is based on recent performance. Even Asian teams have faired better than Africans in the last 4-5 world cups.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Phonon: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
FIFA Integrity Test? Seems like something a certain "non-KWARUPT" African leader will come up with.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Rekyz(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Best news in as many months.
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by lakesidepapa(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
LawrenceUMS:
What You Need To Be become an animator

Animators bring drawings or computer generated characters to life on screen. If you want to use your imagination, and have creative skills like drawing or modelling, this job could be perfect for you.

To create an image that communicates with your audience, you’ll need patience and the ability to concentrate so that your work is accurate and has detail. You’ll also need good computer skills.

Artistic talent is highly valued within the animation industry
• creativity and imagination
• good drawing or modelling skills
• patience and concentration
• acting skills to bring characters to life
• accuracy and attention to detail
• the ability to take direction
• good computer skills, preferably including graphics and animation software
• communication and presentation skills

AT UMS-TH: 100% Practicals, Ambient Classes, Two Training centers (Lagos), Professional Instructors, plus more!!

How can we contact you please?
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by Thobiy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ish
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by LawrenceUMS: 1:12am On Sep 11, 2016
lakesidepapa:

How can we contact you please?

08187428339 BBM 5C3ABB44

What You Need To Be become an animator

Animators bring drawings or computer generated characters to life on screen. If you want to use your imagination, and have creative skills like drawing or modelling, this job could be perfect for you.

To create an image that communicates with your audience, you’ll need patience and the ability to concentrate so that your work is accurate and has detail. You’ll also need good computer skills.

Artistic talent is highly valued within the animation industry
• creativity and imagination
• good drawing or modelling skills
• patience and concentration
• acting skills to bring characters to life
• accuracy and attention to detail
• the ability to take direction
• good computer skills, preferably including graphics and animation software
• communication and presentation skills

AT UMS-TH: 100% Practicals, Ambient Classes, Two Training centers (Lagos), Professional Instructors, plus more!!
Re: CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat by ceepeeo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
He who laffs last laffs best! Away with the old folks in handling affairs that need the injection or rather surgical implant of modern innovative right thinking technology driven youth!
I congrats Picnick for believing in the change from the old folks who seem to be struggling to meet up with the demands of the world as it is today to the more vibrant young technology innovative driven young generation

I look forward to seeing more changes in current affairs and our polity in general

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allen Onyema Promises Super Eagles N20m For Cape Verde Win / Chelsea Sign Raheem Sterling From Manchester City For £50 Million / Pep Guardiola Becomes Quickest Manager To 200 Premier League Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.