Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper (31362 Views)

African Voice Newspaper Honours Jibrin With Anti-Corruption Award 2016 (pics) / Burial Rites Of Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Have Commenced (Pics) / Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo's Death: Sympathisers Storm Tompolo's Family House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by 989900: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
1. The case of brutality will have to be proved before taking Tompolo's words for it and chastising the NA -- Tompolo can lie for Africa, actually him and Lai should get a room.

2. I don't get why everything has to go the tribal route . . . Dasuki, Sule Lamido and sons, Bala and son, Ngilari and others are not from the south-south last time I checked.

3. Papa Tompolo is an old man (84, in a country people barely live to be 60 . . . papa has tried), he could have died from the anxiety and pressure Tompolo brought upon his people, and not brutality.

4. When the going was good and they were eating fat on the blood of their subjects, I doubt if they shared with Nairalanders then, so . . .

5. Tompolo and the NDA and others have brought immeasurable sadness and difficulties, and death into many people's lives with their actions, and ironically, you will have same set of people coming on here licking his ass conjuring some sick pity.
#stockholmsyndrome

6 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by DCONE1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
engrflames:
I just hope this news is as fake as APC promises if not.....hmmmm
wht will happen? Is tompolo going to destroy Nigeria is he GOD?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
He is a billionaire, a businessman and politician. He has the resources to hire his lawyers. It is better he legally pursue his case than remain a fugitive, endangering his own life and that of his family.

Okay..if that's your view,but we know how this administration is been run.
Believe his family are not complaining..they understand. his Dad's death was as a result of intimation..they know his relationship with his ol man..and think they will get him through him. but the old man understands better.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokety7:

So is he at home currently? The coward has ran away.

This man..you talk carelessly..not good for men.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
SMH
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokety7: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

This man..you talk carelessly..not good for men.

U still didn't answer the question
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokety7:

U still didn't answer the question

What's question?
You asked and answered..or you wan hear word ba?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ensamy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chaii RIP Papa Tompolo. Na wa many people gone for the sake of oil in niger delta.Our thing, you say na you get am when e no dey ur father backyard or your village or even ur region.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by tempest01(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Mister Man, I have no time to exchange words with any anti-Fulani comment.

His case is between him and the state and not Fulani irrespective of the tribe of the President. The exNimassa DG that presented himself for trial is also Ijaw and not a fool. At least non of his family members were exposed to the brutality and humiliation of the unprofessional Army.

BTW I never asked you(or anyone) to rate my level of intelligence.

Cheers bro

Being a public forum, and your views being read by everyone, I'm afraid some rating will have to be done. And without reading his comment prior to reading your post, I'm afraid I agree with him.

Even if you are to condemn him for not giving himself in, you cannot justify the killing of his father for his crime. Even if he committed the financial crimes he's accused of, murder is a graver crime.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Oblang(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
illuminated93:
After spewing trash about the igbos and biafrans here on nairaland,you've still not learnt your lessons. I think the urge for being politically correct will always be your undoing .Did I just read what you wrote "The exNimassa DG that presented himself for trial is also Ijaw and not a fool. At least non of his family members were exposed to the brutality and humiliation of the unprofessional Army". Tonye you don't know what you are saying,he wasn't handled unprofessionally by the Army but the Dss.You are not wise indeed. Have you heard anything about the Dambauzzau's theft? Instead buhari said his cabinet members shouldn't be accused of theft without proof. The sophisticated tonye,bro u lack wisdom. #simple

Why will u accuse someone of theft without proof...
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokety7: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

What's question?
You asked and answered..or you wan hear word ba?

Then confirm or deny the supposed answer nah or are u scared? I won't bite u know.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by sammhi(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

His case is between him and the state and not Fulani irrespective of the tribe of the President. The exNimassa DG that presented himself for trial is also Ijaw and not a fool. At least non of his family members were exposed to the brutality and humiliation of the unprofessional Army.

BTW I never asked you(or anyone) to rate my

level of intelligence.

Cheers bro
I use to respect TonyeBarcnista but your post here just sweep all that respect away
Buhari and Buratai will pay for this death . I can bet that . You just watch .
A man was awarded contract by FG and you came on later to say the amount is too much ?
because he is not Hausa Fulani Abi?
For that you mistreated his dad to death and Tonye you type this poo.!
Southerners are indeed slaves . There is no slavery worse than mental slavery! How many emirs or Hausa citizens were ever harassed because their sons are BH or sympathizer to BH?
We de watch

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokety7:

Then confirm or deny the supposed answer nah or are u scared? I won't bite u know.

Oga free me
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokety7:

Oga free me naa..
Don't get you o..
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Charly68: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Let peace reign in the land,how come an old man that died at age 84 died because of military brutality. No military man in his right senses will man handled an old man of this nature. What for. The media propaganda that people are making to cause war should stop . Papa has gone to rest .
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by kinibigdeal(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tompolo was very wise to stay on exile. Til date, General Buhari still see him as a threat in the delta's. If Tompolo surrender, that will be the end of him.

TonyeBarcanista:

BTW I never asked you(or anyone) to rate my level of intelligence.

Cheers bro
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by figure007(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
cktheluckyman:
If the man died due to military brutality then wahala deoooo
which wahala dey? i sympathise with d family but blame the whole thing on d problem child.....u are fighting a whole nation and u think u can win? such person will only bring trouble upon is family...tompolo should come out

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by shehuAO: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
The man died of old age. Lets be realistic to ourselves about the whole things. 84years, haba, make dey no paint soldiers black I beg. The problem now is how TOMPOLO can come out to give his father a befitting burial. Will that be possible? The answer to this question is no way to way. RIP PA TOMPOLO fada.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ojun50(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
durangokid:
may you and your family receive what tompolo and family received from FG, say amen to that if you are comfortable with it

wht is dis one sayin, did yr father reject u nd yr mother? U better go nd ask yr mother who yr real father his

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Futureleader201(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
[s][/s]
Tokt:
He died of old age and nothing more. If tompolo has the liver, let him come out and Bury I'm papa. Ordinary Coward like Ojukwu.
[s][/s]
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Pappyjim: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
RIP to the father of a fugitive! Our elders says "Train up your child so dat he will give you PEACE"!!! Shioooor to dem dem wey no train dem Pikin! NB: G-wagon for SALE!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Futureleader201(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

And what will happen if true? Who among ur household is ready to sacrifice his or her life for Tompolo the criminal or his dead papa?

How old are you?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by onatisi(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Yar adua henchmen killed yussuf which resulted to the boko haram problem.
Now buhari has made that same mistake again, this matter may not go away easily as some may believe .
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by 989900: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pappyjim:
RIP to the father of a fugitive! Our elders says "Train up your child so dat he will give you PEACE"!!! Shioooor to dem dem wey no train dem Pikin! NB: G-wagon for SALE!!! grin grin grin

Puch G, the original G wagon.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by perryy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

My papa never trained me to be a criminal and a dupe. Are u aware that his son dupe his community with over 12 billion naira? Very useless son.

Which useless country are you talking about? Does the oil belong to nigeria ? Were our fathers' opinion sought before our resources were declared property of the federal government? Is this how federalism is being run ? Keep quiet if you don't know what to say. The Nigeria state is the arm robber in this case and neither Tompolo or anyone in the south .

If I may ask, how many northerners whose children are known members of bokoharam have been killed? Has shekau's father whose son has killed over 300, 000 nigerians been killed ? What those northerners are doing is simply oppression. Well i don't blame them, they are just taking advantage of our division in the south
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ClitRaider: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
cktheluckyman:
If the man died due to military brutality then wahala deoooo
Wahala don dey since may 2015.
Na him kill am, na buhari kill am.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by DMerciful(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
At least Ojukwu did not drink rat poison
Tokt:

Amen.
Ojukwu remains a coward. Deal with it.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Clemsworld(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigeria NollyWood advertisement!
The heat is on, right now and every second
The battle line drown. Time for action!
RIP papa Government, Wish my father even saw his late 70's. Take heart people of Gbaramatu Community.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by legaxi(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:
If true, this is bad. embarassed embarassed

How many Borno elders were killed to disclose the location of their Boko Haram children and the kidnap Chibok girls?

How many, just tell me how many elders in the NE were killed in order to curb the activities of the terrorist group in their domain.

Rather, NE elders gave the FG ultimatum.

I want to believe, this story is false. If not, this is not fair. embarassed embarassed
How many Boko Haram children were given billions of naira as amnesty grant?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Kgdavid(m): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Tompolo I sympathise with your family and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom over the painful loss of your beloved father.

However, if you had surrendered earlier, your father wouldn't have been arrested, brutalized or amputated. Perhaps you would be under trial with some privileges as a citizen. Perhaps you would have been a free man on bail as allegations against you bothers on corruption(not treason) which is a bailable offence.

You would have learnt from Major Isaac Adaka Boro, who had to surrender to the Military Police(During the 12 Days Revolution in February 1966) after the arrest of his father and those of his comrades. He was imprisoned, convicted to death but as God would have it, he was later conscripted into the army along with his boys and given the rank of a Major, and celebrated by the same country that put him on death row. It is not too late

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army is not professional nor do they understand the rules of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

However, if the news of torture is true, then Tompolo's Family should lay formal complain before the NHRC, The Army and the Presidency.

RIP to the late High Chief

1. Are you saying that Tompolo somehow had some information that the army were going to brutalize his father if he did not surrender himself? If not then why would he have surrendered himself to prevent an attack which he has no foreknowledge of?

2. Even if he had surrendered himself, what stops the army from going ahead to brutalize the old man?

3. The actions of the army indicate a level of desperation and a frightening proclivity for violence. Is Tompolo not right to feel unsafe?

Given these conditions, Tompolo acted right. He is in no way responsible for the murder of his father by irresponsible elements of the Nigeria army.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: What Obideints Should Know About Tinubu's Crowd At Rallies / Otti Takes Inspection Tour Of Aba-port Harcourt Expressway Reconstruction (pix) / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.