Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody (4454 Views)

FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / 5,000 Fighters Ready To Evict Hausa And Yoruba — Niger Delta Agitators / Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by overflow1: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mods @lalasticlala please help me direct this to the right section.
Pls don't mind my grammar and spellings.

Everyone born in between two ethnic groups (esp those by Igbo and Yoruba ethnic groups) will find the way we hate each other so sickening.

I always wonder where the hate comes from, but I found out that it emanated from our leaders.
They were able to go to school, go into politics and in those colonial days they struggled for power.

Great #respect for the good they did, but I detest the discord they sowed. In their quest for power and vote, they made the ignorant generations they are meant to lead, see their opponents as enemies to the extent of labeling the full tribe of their opponents evil and sworn enemies. They want the power, the fame and the money, they tell you that we are marginalized,marginalized by the other tribe, and he wants to correct the marginalization. they tell you the other is proud, and want to step on you, he wants to correct it. Guess what, they only corrected their pockets from time immemorial, from Colonialism to Neo-colonialism. The same thing repeats itself every election, especially in the village where the key words is the local dialect, which is the easiest way of buying the mind. Ask me how I knew, I have been in both villages.

Have you ever asked urself, did I choose to come from the tribe I came from?, did I choose to come from the family I came from? No, you never did, God did. If that is the case, You are Yoruba today, or Igbo today...would God have been stupid if he created you the other side, or would you have changed it or rejected it? No you won't.

If No, y then say d Yoruba is a bad tribe becos one Olumide choose to be a ritualist, or Igbo a bad tribe cos one Obinna choose to be a drug dealer or armed robber. Which is what I often see in this place. Remember, one person does not make a country neither does his view represent that of a whole tribe. Will you be happy when someone calls you an rapist just because d eldest son of your dad's step cousin raped a girl. No. why then generalise a tribe because of the sin of one man?

Am not forcing you, but for the sake of the generations following us, let's preach peace and tolerance. And also share peace in the families of children born in between the two tribes.

Am born and forever will be proud to be Igbo, and I will forever love and respect my mother's people, without them my mum won't be born, to talk more of giving birth to me.

Love you my Igbo people, so much love my Yoruba people.... Peace and tolerance remember. Anambra E kene mu Unu!, Eko oni baje!

Your son Ovaflow

8 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by finalboss(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
ok ibos over to you guys..
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Yoruba and igbos don't hate each other,if they do..the consequence will just be devastating.
My first contact with nairaland, I thought I was in a forbidden jungle/war front.I even wrote something like this..
Its just the unfortunate situation we found ourselves in,the effects of the mistakes and wrongdoings of our fathers and leaders

7 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by freesinzu(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Which tribe dey spoil Nigerian pass and I would say the.....
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Dreal11247: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Have we ever imagined how great this country would have been when everyone is allowed to use his uniqueness for the good of all? I pray that the day appears.
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Blueeyedboi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nwanne daalu for this piece...I wouldn't mind getting married to a pretty yoruba lady...One love from the eastside..

3 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by aylagos(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
Untill we begin to see each other as one and respect other tribes things we not work well for Nigeria. One love to all my friends and brother from the East side great side especially my girl friend Chinasa from Obosi in Anambra. Peace and love from me Ay from west side the best side. Thanks @Seun please move this thread to front page to promote peace in Nairaland among Nairalanders.
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by aylagos(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
freesinzu:
Which tribe dey spoil Nigerian pass and I would say the.....
this post should be remove Seun where are you ?

1 Like

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dreal11247:
Have we ever imagined how great this country would have been when everyone is allowed to use his uniqueness for the good of all? I pray that the day appears.

Bigup to you!!
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by freesinzu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
aylagos:
this post should be remove Seun where are you ?
oga y u they call seun on me, what is wrong with my post, pls tell me
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by aylagos(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
freesinzu:

oga y u they call seun on me, what is wrong with my post, pls tell me
the Op open the thread to discourage trialist, so you know what you post
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by freesinzu(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
aylagos:
the Op open the thread to discourage trialist, so you know what you post
Hw was I being tribal abeg angry
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by dadabashua1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
cool cool...lets love one another the way my igbo babe love me and I also love her die
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by babyfaceafrica: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
Is that all?
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by marshborn(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Forget this useless e - wars igbos and yorubas don't hate each other at all... This is not how they relate with each other in real life. They are just in a silent war over supremacy since these two tribes are arguably the two most educated and enlightened people in the country.

5 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
igbo, Yoruba, hausa should learn how to be tolerant with each other, #team1nigeria. Until we learn to live, and respite ones religion, Nigeria will never change. NIGERIA CHANGE WITH YOU AND ME.

1 Like

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by jiinxed: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Yoruba and igbos don't hate each other,if they do..the consequence will just be devastating.
My first contact with nairaland, I thought I was in a forbidden jungle/war front.I even wrote something like this..
Its just the unfortunate situation we found ourselves in,the effects of the mistakes and wrongdoings of our fathers and leaders

Keep living in self-denial even when the facts are staring at you.

The hate is palpable; the hate is very real. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a _retard or just escaped congenital imbecility. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by JonSnow(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
jiinxed:

The hate is palpable; the hate is very real. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a _retard or just escaped congenital imbecility. undecided

Don't mind these afonjas.

There's a saying: Give a man a mask and he would show you his true face;

Nairaland offers anonymity, nairaland gives monikers the opportunity to voice their opinions, thoughts and feelings. Whatever hatred being showcased on this forum is as real as the Sun.

8 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by monkytail(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
I don't know what to say but I think the time for peace has long pass in our dear country....Nigeria is still anyway till whenever anyway.....
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
jiinxed:

you can say what you wish.
I have my reasons for saying the above,I have a lot of IBO friends,neighbours,tenants,even customers and church members,same goes for some ibos too.
If you read my comments carefully you would note where I wrote about descendants being victims of their elders mistakes.
The problem with Yorubas and Igbo is nothing but rivalry starting pre independence and the usual tribal politics that came to fore.
There are thousands of Yoruba IBO marriages and vice versa.sure weve some innate hateful people all over tribes,race and tongues in the world
I don't hate my IBO neighbours for any reason not even with the daily dose of radioactive nonsense im exposed to on nl.
You can speak for Igbo hating Yorubas but Yorubas hating Igbo like hate hate..I strongly doubt that.

1 Like

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Neoguru3: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
overflow1:
[s]Mods @lalasticlala please help me direct this to the right section.

Everyone born in between two ethnic groups (esp those by Igbo and Yoruba ethnic groups) will find the way we hate each other so sickening.

I always wonder where the hate comes from, but I found out that it emanated from our leaders.
They were able to go to school, go into politics and in those colonial days they struggled for power.

Great #respect for the good they did, but I detest the discord they sowed. In their quest for power and vote, they made the ignorant generations they are meant to lead, see their opponents as enemies to the extent of labeling the full tribe of their opponents evil and sworn enemies. They want the power, the fame and the money, they tell you that we are marginalized,marginalized by the other tribe, and he wants to correct the marginalization. they tell you the other is proud, and want to step on you, he wants to correct it. Guess what, they only corrected their pockets from time immemorial, from Colonialism to Neo-colonialism. The same thing repeats itself every election, especially in the village where the key words is the local dialect, which is the easiest way of buying the mind. Ask me how I knew, I have been in both villages.

Have you ever asked urself, did I choose to come from the tribe I came from?, did I choose to come from the family I came from? No, you never did, God did. If that is the case, You are Yoruba today, or Igbo today...would God have been stupid if he created you the other side, or would you have changed it or rejected it? No you won't.

If No, y then say d Yoruba is a bad tribe becos one Olumide choose to be a ritualist, or Igbo a bad tribe cos one Obinna choose to be a drug dealer or armed robber. Which is what I often see in this place. Remember, one person does not make a country neither does his view represent that of a whole tribe. Will you be happy when someone calls you an rapist just because d eldest son of your dad's step cousin raped a girl. No. why then generalise a tribe because of the sin of one man?

Am not forcing you, but for the sake of the generations following us, let's preach peace and tolerance. And also share peace in the families of children born in between the two tribes.

Am born and forever will be proud to be Igbo, and I will forever love and respect my mother's people, without them my mum won't be born, to talk more of giving birth to me.

Love you my Igbo people, so much love my Yoruba people.... Peace and tolerance remember. Anambra E kene mu Unu!, Eko oni baje!

Your son Ovaflow[/s]
Too bad to burst your bubble, you are an Afonja and you will remain so forever, don't ever say you are Igbo. Selfish thing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by plaetton: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:

It is the legacy of bad leadership that makes people think that they have to hate or despise other tribes for the sake of their survival.
Reality says the opposite.
We have to stand together and defend each other in order to survive.
Obviously many feel different.
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Neoguru3: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Blueeyedboi:
Nwanne daalu for this piece...I wouldn't mind getting married to a pretty yoruba lady...One love from the eastside..
Any "fine" afonja lady is bleaching or using make up, that is why when their children are out you begin to wonder where the ugliness comes from

Afonjas are full time bleachers who give birth to dark and u.gly babies
Pic 1, Mrs. .. Taiwo Solomon
Facts: https://www.nairaland.com/2642684/nigerias-dangerous-skin-whitening-obsession#38657089

Pic 2, Afonjas, Susan Maxwell
Fact: https://www.nairaland.com/2448931/bleaching-orientation-slaves-1450#35819540

Pic 3&4, more bleaching from Afonjas

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by onward4life(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
overflow1:
Mods @lalasticlala please help me direct this to the right section.

Your son Ovaflow

Finally love Has been Exhibited Here...(** in Eddie Murphy's Voice***coming to america***so Happy to be Here!!!. I really like us getting rid of the radioactive words...

But hol up hol up, way ra minute now how come nobody ever read my post on something similar huh?..
I Beg make una come read let this peace continue in Nairaland and may peace continue to run side by side you and your family..Amen
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Neoguru3: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
Hagm0nd:
you can say what you wish.
I have my reasons for saying the above,I have a lot of IBO friends,neighbours,tenants,even customers and church members,same goes for some ibos too.
If you read my comments carefully you would note where I wrote about descendants being victims of their elders mistakes.
The problem with Yorubas and Igbo is nothing but rivalry starting pre independence and the usual tribal politics that came to fore.
There are thousands of Yoruba IBO marriages and vice versa.sure weve some innate hateful people all over tribes,race and tongues in the world
I don't hate my IBO neighbours for any reason not even with the daily dose of radioactive nonsense im exposed to on nl.
You can speak for Igbo hating Yorubas but Yorubas hating Igbo like hate hate..I strongly doubt that.
[/s]Never you write this rubbish ever again, Afonja, off you go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Funlordjnr: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
cheesy
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Funlordjnr: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
cheesy

Watching "kemi" and "chidinma" smooching each others boobs while taking turns molesting my dick! Very soon we shall all "one nyashgeria" ourselves to ecstacy!

O.p, I no sabi which hate you dey talk again oh, but e never reach my side!

1 Like

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Neoguru3:
[s][/s]Never you write this rubbish ever again, Afonja, off you go.
if you want the usual nl nonsense, create a thread of your own, don't let your puerile nature spoil this wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
plaetton:

It is the legacy of bad leadership that makes people think that they have to hate or despise other tribes for the sake of their survival.
Reality says the opposite.
We have to stand together and defend each other in order to survive.
Obviously many feel different.
Well done bro
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by waternogetenemy: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
dadabashua1:
cool cool...lets love one another the way my igbo babe love me and I also love her die

Go and love ur yoruba women first.

God said no man can claim to love God that dey have not seen wen dey have not loved man dat they see.

How can u love igbo women wen u have not love your yoruba women.

Who says dat? Can Hausa or Igbo man love yoruba women more than their own women? No!

Like play, like play we go scatter this country, u go dey use visa come find wife for Biafra. angry

3 Likes

Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Neoguru3: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
if you want the usual nl nonsense, create a thread of your own, don't let your puerile nature spoil this wonderful piece
wonderful nonsense, piss indeed
Re: To My Dearest Igbo And Yoruba, Without You Am Nobody by Neoguru3: 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

Look at Afonjas preaching one love online but will organize various anti-Igbo protests. God will punish the wicked. Afonjas are pure backstabbers

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ipob Warns It's Members To Pay €1000 / Whos Watching Senator Abaribe On Sunrise Daily Now / Nigeria’s External Debt Declines By 2%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.