Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Peace Valley Estate Oke Afa Sends Sos To Lagos State Govt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Peace Valley Estate Oke Afa Sends Sos To Lagos State Govt (732 Views)

My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken / Wife Beats Husband, Sends Him Packing From His House For Days / Kenyan Lady Sleeps With Her Best Friend's Husband, Sends Him Nudes, Gets Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peace Valley Estate Oke Afa Sends Sos To Lagos State Govt by ike76: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
THE residents of Peace Home Valley Estate, Oke Afa, Jakande Estate, Isolo in Ejigbo Local Council Develop­ment Area of Lagos State, are uneasy and scared.

They are holding their breath over the looming flood that will once again sack them from their homes.

The reason they are troubled is the grim reports grim reports that Lagos would witness torrential rainfall this year. The unease of the residents is made worse by the realization that extreme floods lead to mudslide, increase health risks and in most cases death. For residents of Esther Ibekwe, Azombe, Omololu Fatumbi, Sam Chuks, Babatunde Shogbesan, Vineyard and Ase streets at Peace Home Valley Estate, it has been a continuous battle with the challenge of perennial flooding from places like Jakande Low Cost Hous­ing Estate, Ejigbo, Bucknor and other adjoining areas, as flood water from these areas empty into the community.

Chairman of the CDA’s committee on drainage, flooding and development, Sir Ikechukwu Ezeonyeka, who spoke with Sunday Sun, recalled that the committee had written many letters to both the local and state governments, acquainting them with the need for a permanent concrete canal to be constructed, which would serve as exit channel for all the flooded areas in all the CDAs affected by the flood since the only route that takes it to the primary canal is through Esther Ibekwe street, which is very narrow. All efforts and di­alogue at the local government level didn’t yield any positive result.

Also lamenting the men­ace of the terrible flooding that regularly occurs in the estate, another resident, Mrs Ifeoma Mozie, told Sunday Sun reporter: “Many times, my house has come under intense pressure on account of this disaster. When it rains, I would pump water out of my compound with the aid of a pumping machine for days on end to avert my entire family and household being swept off by the heavy flood. I am pleading with the Lagos State government to come to our aid at the Peace Valley Estate. Our kids are at risk of being swept off by the flood when they go to school. To compound the situation, economic activities have practically come to a halt because of this problem,” She lamented.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed. / A Must Read For Every One / A Woman Got Beaten By Her Husband On Her Way To A Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.