Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect (18398 Views)

Man With 'Osha Ojota' Tattoo Caught Pickpocketing A Police Officer (Photos) / Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by finalboss1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
An 18 year old suspect arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad(RRS) of Lagos State Police Command, has disclosed that he ran away from auto engineering to pickpocketing because it was more.

The suspect, Seun Jimoh, 18, from Ondo State was arrested on early hours on Tuesday, in Oshodi while in the act.

The suspect, who decked in brown jacket and trousers, and a hand bag like a business executive,before his arrest, had already stolen four mobile phones from unsuspecting commuters in an early morning rush in the area.

It was learnt that he was about to remove N18,000:00 from the pocket of a commuter during another bus stampede when he was caught.

Unknowingly to him, two of his victims were on the lookout for him after suspecting him for being in custody of their missing phones. While standing at Oshodi under Bridge, they spotted him removing money from the pocket of a passenger, Gbenga Odeniyi. At that point, his earlier victims, Onuh Austine and Onesimus Paul raised an alarm, which made Jimoh to promptly drop the money and take to his heels but RRS operatives close to the scene chased and caught him".

The operatives after listening to all the accusations requested the victims’ phone numbers which were dialled and they were found in Jimoh’s handbag.

While at the RRS's Headquarters, the suspect confessed to have stolen the two phones during a bus stampede.

In his confessional statement, he said: On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I am always in Oshodi pickpocketing. I stole an average of eight phones on Mondays and maybe like nine phones on Fridays. I don’t really get more than five phones on Wednesdays.

He added, " am an orphan. I was brought to Lagos by my uncle. He enlisted me in an auto – mobile workshop but I ran away from there to Mushin where I honed my skills in pickpocketing. All the phones that I stole, I sell them in Alaba Rago to some Hausas. They buy fairly used phones and materials from people. I have been in this business since 2013. I have never been caught or imprisoned before".

In his words, “nobody needs to train you on how to pickpocket. It is so easy and the idea came naturally to me. You can do it but you do the easy ones. I get to Oshodi by 6:30 a.m. and I leave after operations around 9:00 a.m.

I sell Nokia Microsoft N7, 000:00; Infinix Hot N8,000; Tecno Y series, N7,000 – N9,000 and small Samsung phones N4, 000:00”.

The RRS operatives later invited the owners of the two other phones found with Seun to collect them.

Our source disclosed that the Policemen are on the verge of arresting stolen phone buyers mentioned by the suspects, added that, one of the ways to stem cases of phone theft in the state is to pick-up the major buyers.

Confirming the arrest, the State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Superintendent of Police, SP Dolapo Badmus, re-assured people of Lagos, of maximum security in place in the state.

She added that the suspect has given information that would help track down his colleagues in the same trade as well as stolen phone buyers.

The suspect has been transferred to the Lagos State Taskforce on Environment for prosecution.

http://jeloser..com/2016/09/pickpocketing-is-more-lucrative-than.html?m=1

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by agwom(m): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by giftedheart1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
issorite...if I talk now...

14 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Opistorincos(m): 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
c as d guy black , anyway enjoy your stay in prison

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
So na rope they dey use tie thief now??

so change ma don reach police station

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by beautiful232(f): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
what is this?
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
shocked shocked he looks like one of those guys that took my phone from me shocked angry

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by venom13(m): 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering? Is that a joke?

7 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Since pickpocketing is more lucrative than your handiwork. This is the board of directors (police) sending you as a diligent and hardworking staff on a 20year compulsory vacation/leave . Enjoy your stay in paradise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by tolexy007(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
beautiful232:
what is this?
pan cake
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by salabscholar01(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
ok
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by muller101(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Bigots will soon invade the thread.
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by kaen1317: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Look at him, as black as amala

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Batlan01: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
kaen1317:
Afonja just opened the thread hoping to see Ebuka but....u know the rest. Up Afonja United, been pick pocketing since 1896
is that an English grammar??

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by beautiful232(f): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

pan cake

I ask you
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
I wont blame you, i will blame the govt.
We shall We will We think Very soon Soonest
Nawa for naija.

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by mrsnarie: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
lol.. u sure cheesy cheesy
Berlyn:
shocked shocked he looks like one of those guys that took my phone from me shocked angry
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by englishmart(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
kuje is also more suffocating than the bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by 76Naira(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Berlyn:
Nice pic
Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Ikigia: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Yes of course, you can now spend all the "acquired money" in Kuje prison.

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering - Suspect by Greataausim(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ole eja la...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenagers Sell Stolen Laptop For N2,000 In Lagos / Buhari: Security Chiefs’ Efforts Not Good Enough For Me / Fake Kidnap: Court Grants Ameerah Sufyan Bail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.