Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission (1444 Views)

A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / Help! Nissan Xterra Smoking From Exhaust / 2004-2005 Nissan Maxima; Why Is There So Many Neat Ones For Sale? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi guru's, I have a 2004 nissan maxima sl which doesn't engage in the "D" drive position. It engages in reverse, Park, neutral, gear 1,2 n 3 but wouldn't engage in drive when changed. for some time now when I start the car, I put it on gear 1 and after moving a little distance I change to "D" drive n it engages and selects well thereafter. What could be the possible cause of this, please your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
elviszzz:
Hi guru's, I have a 2004 nissan maxima sl which doesn't engage in the "grin" drive position. It engages in reverse, Park, neutral, gear 1,2 n 3 but wouldn't engage in drive when changed. for some time now when I start the car, I put it on gear 1 and after moving a little distance I change to "grin" drive n it engages and selects well thereafter. What could be the possible cause of this, please your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

CC: diportivo, sultaan.
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by diportivo: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

CC: diportivo, sultaan.

Oga gazzuzz

If u summon me on Nissan matters again Ehn

lipsrsealed

Op,time to "shange" ur gear don rish oh cry
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by mayor2013: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Gearbox loading. Inshort loaded grin
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
elviszzz:
Hi guru's, I have a 2004 nissan maxima sl which doesn't engage in the "grin" drive position. It engages in reverse, Park, neutral, gear 1,2 n 3 but wouldn't engage in drive when changed. for some time now when I start the car, I put it on gear 1 and after moving a little distance I change to "grin" drive n it engages and selects well thereafter. What could be the possible cause of this, please your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
4-speed Maxima I presume. Proceed by checking/adjusting the control cable.
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by sultaan(m): 2:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Check fluid levels did you change fluid recently. If fluid is in good condition check cable linkage for slack or snag
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2016
Costee:

4-speed Maxima I presume. Proceed by checking/adjusting the control cable.
Yes it's a four speed automatic transmission. Will have the control cable checked, will get back to u. Thanks.
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
sultaan:
Check fluid levels did you change fluid recently. If fluid is in good condition check cable linkage for slack or snag
The fluid level is okay, will check the linkage cable. Thanks.
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by Kashif(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
mayor2013:
Gearbox loading. Inshort loaded grin

Your emoticon makes it look like you are making jest of a man in need of solution.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by samally: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2016
Kashif:

Your emoticon makes it look like you are making jest of a man in need of solution.

Very common here.....

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2016
please how much can i get a gearbox, its a four speed automatic transmission precisely. thanks buddies
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by AdisaOwala: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2016
It's ohkay for one to have an idea of the price range but please get a competent Mechanic to buy it for you (with the intention of fixing it) - don't make the mistake of buying it yourself (especially if Ladipo things don involve).

It's better for the Mechanic to pad the budget a little and bear the risk if it doesn't work.

If you get Military peeps wey fit harrass those boys for Ladipo (in event of the purchase of a substandard engine), you can buy it yourself sha
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
AdisaOwala:
It's ohkay for one to have an idea of the price range but please get a competent Mechanic to buy it for you (with the intention of fixing it) - don't make the mistake of buying it yourself (especially if Ladipo things don involve).

It's better for the Mechanic to pad the budget a little and bear the risk if it doesn't work.

If you get Military peeps wey fit harrass those boys for Ladipo (in event of the purchase of a substandard engine), you can buy it yourself sha
Thanks, I need to have an idea of how much it costs
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Thanks, I do not intend buying myself,just need to have an idea of how much it costs
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by king406(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
Very fine car na transmission spoil am. Sorry op
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
king406:
Very fine car na transmission spoil am. Sorry op
Funny bro, any idea of the cost??
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
elviszzz:

Funny bro, any idea of the cost??
The RE4F04B transmission in the 4-speed Maxima is solid. What wrong did you do to yours?
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by elviszzz: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
Costee:

The RE4F04B transmission in the 4-speed Maxima is solid. What wrong did you do to yours?
It wouldn't engage in drive except u shift to 1,2,3 then d
Re: Please Help, Nissan Maxima Transmission by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
elviszzz:

It wouldn't engage in drive except u shift to 1,2,3 then d
Have you scanned? You could send me a pm.

(1) (Reply)

>>> Test Your Road Knowledge With This <<< / Toyota Corolla Manual(bank Type) For #600k / New Micra Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.