Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Blush - The Beauty And The Geek - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Blush - The Beauty And The Geek (2233 Views)

The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / Preity Zinta beauty and style. / Perfect Blush & Face Shapes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by epstitch(f): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2009
Blush is surprisingly one makeup product that makes a chunk load of difference. The true essence of this makeup product however is to add a soft glow to the cheeks which occur quite naturally when a girl is flushed and excited, commonly seen in women of much whiter skin. Which means in fact women of colour can do without using blush. However, we can. In little minimal amounts, hitting directly on the cheek bone and sweeping outwards towards the ears.

For black women, it is best to use hues that are of bronze and browns depending on your skin tone. Please skip the pinkish looking blush with beige undertones if you are not very light skinned. And yes! You can use bronzers instead of blush, this actually works all the time! Do without blush for your daily makeovers, but you can do blush for evenings and nighttime events.
Remember you want to look like a beauty, not the geek!
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by africhika(f): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2009
i think blacks look great in a purple hued-blush.
pink tongue
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by throttler(f): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
epstitch:

Blush is surprisingly one makeup product that makes a chunk load of difference. The true essence of this makeup product however is to add a soft glow to the cheeks which occur quite naturally when a girl is flushed and excited, commonly seen in women of much whiter skin. Which means in fact women of colour can without using blush. However, we can. In little minimal amounts, hitting directly on the cheek bone and sweeping outwards towards the ears.

For black women, it is best to use hues that are of bronze and browns. Please skip the pinkish looking blush. And yes! You can use bronzers instead of blush, this actually works all the time! Do without blush for your daily makeovers, but you can do blush for evenings and nighttime events.

i concur! smiley
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by Gamine(f): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
I use pink sha

undecided
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by uzoo: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2009
me too
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by mohawkchic(f): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
epstitch:

Blush is surprisingly one makeup product that makes a chunk load of difference. The true essence of this makeup product however is to add a soft glow to the cheeks which occur quite naturally when a girl is flushed and excited, commonly seen in women of much whiter skin. Which means in fact women of colour can without using blush. However, we can. In little minimal amounts, hitting directly on the cheek bone and sweeping outwards towards the ears.

For black women, it is best to use hues that are of bronze and browns. Please skip the pinkish looking blush.
[/b]And yes! You can use bronzers instead of blush, this actually works all the time! Do without blush for your daily makeovers, but you can do blush for evenings and nighttime events.

[size=13pt]~ "Black Women" have different Skin Tones so me think it all depends on the individual's skin tone!!

~Pink might work just great for some while other hues not so great. . .

[b]~Understanding Cool, Warm & Neutral Skin Tones & Colours~

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-310694.0.htm[/size]
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by mamagee6(f): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
Make-up is cool. cool
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by kandiikane(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
I'm a bronzer addict (that's my makeup right there. Even if I am not wearing mascara or eyeliner as long as I have my bronzer then I'm good. I do wear pink once in a blue moon.
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by Onegai(f): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
Actually, there's an amazing colour that can be worn by all black women... cheesy

www.naijapretty..com
Re: Blush - The Beauty And The Geek by tiebe: 5:12am On Oct 24, 2012
Thanks so much for this. I think i'm fed up seeing girls with dark skin using pink blush. nothing can be done to girls that dark that will make them blush pink. . . or blush at all! bronze do u.

(1) (Reply)

Ombre Hair Extensions / Check Out These Mind Blowing Ankara Styles And Designs / Quality Ice Jewelries (cuban, Earrings , Leg Chain Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.