Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood (805 Views)

Errors Spotted In Nollywood Movie "The Wedding Party" / The Best Movie Posters In Nollywood / 10 Images That Prove Special Effects Have Improved In Nollywood (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood by Macdove02(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Over the years, the Nigerian film industry, Nollywood have improved, churning out interesting movies time to time with box office hits. While some of these movies remain fresh in our memories as a master piece, some are as bad as not wanting to see the filmmaker’s film again.
As i see Nollywood movies these days, it’s either an Hollywood’s or Bollywood’s remake. Our filmmakers seem too lazy to draft out an authentic story. Rather, what they do is watch an Hollywood film that has been released over a long period of time, thinking we must have forgotten ( Good movies are not easily forgotten ) and quickly go to their drawing board with their fellow copycat team and retell the story to suit the Nollywood pattern.

http://www.yeyepikin.com/2016/09/the-copy-and-paste-mentality-in-nollywood-2/
Re: The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood by tunetokheyno(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2016
I beg to differ, have you seen the level of Naija movies recently? have you seen Lancelot's ATM (Authentic Tentative Marriage) or Okey's 4-1-love or even the wedding party, Okafor's law by Omoni Oboli, Izu Ojukwu's 76 the movie, taxi driver, god i can't keep naming.. even today, one movie that is releasing is Its Her Day by bovi, Bovi oh! bros Nollywood is getting better, check this out

In 76, the story of love and the removal of the Nigeria Head of State, Murtala Mohammed, the heroes exhibit the treason, intrigue, patriotism and faith behind it.

It highlights a period of transition and political instability in 1976. it is inspired by real-life events that led to the assassination of Gen. Murtala Muhammed and the events that followed immediately.

Speaking on the movie, the Executive producer, Adonijah Owiriwa said "Military coups were our legacy. In some ways, we are still trying to recover from this. Everyone sees and hears the perspective of the officers. But the woman’s story stays silent. We wanted to highlight the strength and the vulnerabilities of the typical African woman through the eyes of officers’ wives"

thats just how deep nollywood is getting, do your best to promote your own, peace!

Re: The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood by LordZero(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2016
I gave up on Nollywood since way back.. Dudes be remaking the same film, plot n storyline over and over again. The writer will be the director and the main character in a movie.

There is one movie I saw recently, it was set in the pre-colonial era and there was a scene with a painted metallic drum at the back of one of the house, It got me thinking what d heck was d director/supervisor doing? Hiw hard is it to move d drum away..

Another problem is the ridiculous titles. Iphone 7 babes, The fire of note7, NDA, war of change, miss Nl saga, ibinu bubu, ija herds men, Lost monarch and so will soon come out as Nollywood movies.. Rubish people.

1 Like

Re: The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood by LordZero(m): 10:36am On Sep 09, 2016
tunetokheyno:
I beg to differ, have you seen the level of Naija movies recently? have you seen Lancelot's ATM (Authentic Tentative Marriage) or Okey's 4-1-love or even the wedding party, Okafor's law by Omoni Oboli, Izu Ojukwu's 76 the movie, taxi driver, god i can't keep naming.. even today, one movie that is releasing is Its Her Day by bovi, Bovi oh! bros Nollywood is getting better, check this out

thats just how deep nollywood is getting, do your best to promote your own, peace!
There are exceptions like the movies you mentioned and the people involved are doing a great job but those movies are like 10 out of a thousand movies released daily/weekly in Nollywood.
The movie industry just need a reform..

1 Like

Re: The Copy And Paste Mentality In Nollywood by Macdove02(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2016
tunetokheyno:

I understand the fact that Nollywood is improving and that's why I made references to Filmmaker's like Tunde Kilani, and Niji Akani among others whose works are always original.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Bassey Evicted From Big Brother Naija House / Advert Of The Late 90s / How Contract Negotiations In Game Of Thrones Revealed Cersei’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.