Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus (1052 Views)

Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 / 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Teedeechian(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Here are 10 reasons to consider the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 instead of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus.
1.... Fast charging : I still cannot believe Apple hasn't developed the technology to charge up the iPhone at a fast rate. Most new Android phones, even those in the $400 range, have the ability to charge up in a short period of time.
2..... Display : The iPhone display resolution (1920x1080) has always been less than the high-end Samsung phones, but it still looks great, and I have no real complaints. However, the Note 7 currently has the best smartphone display , and it doesn't look like the new iPhone will match it. You also get a better screen to phone ratio with the Note 7, and it's tough to beat the experience of having sides with no screen bezel.
3..... . S Pen : Samsung continues to improve the S Pen experience. It's awesome to write directly on the display with the screen powered down when you have a quick thought, and I'm using the S Pen more than ever.
4..... . Water resistance : We finally see Apple adopting some things that set Samsung apart, and with the iPhone 7 Plus, it adds IP67 water resistance. However, with an IP68 rating, the Note 7 beats the iPhone with the ability for extended immersion in deeper water.
5...... Wireless charging: Samsung not only includes wireless charging, but the Note 7 includes fast wireless charging technology that speeds up charging by a reported 30 percent. Wireless charging isn't essential, but it's tough to beat the convenience of just setting your phone down without fumbling for cables.
6.... . Headphone jack : Apple called its strategy to remove the headphone jack courageous, but that's a bold statement for cutting out a universal accessory port. Millions have spent a lot of money on high-end headphones with 3.5mm cables and want to continue using them. Wireless headphones have to be charged and still don't offer the volume and clarity of wired headphones. You will get an adapter in the box, but you can't charge up your iPhone and use your headphones at the same time.
7..... . microSD expansion card : It's great to see Apple continue to increase the available internal storage options on the iPhone models and do away with the lame 16GB entry level . However, increasing the internal storage beyond the lowest-priced model comes at a high price. The Note 7 is offered with an ample 64GB of internal storage -- with the capability to easily expand the storage capability via inexpensive microSD cards.
8..... . Virtual reality: Samsung's Gear VR headset provides an enjoyable virtual reality experience for just $99. We've seen continued development of new providers offering content, and you can easily spend hours enjoying the virtual world with a Note 7 and a Gear VR headset.
9..... . Samsung Pay : Apple Pay is a great wireless payment system that continues to see new financial institutions added regularly, but
Samsung Pay works in almost every location where a magnetic strip reader is used. (well of course non is working in nigeria presently, but we never can tell, you might be travelling out of the country very soon)
10..... . Gorgeous design : This last reason is highly subjective, but I absolutely love what Samsung has done with these new Galaxy Note 7 phones with the metal edges, dual-curved edge screens, glass back, and glass front. The Apple iPhone 7 Plus is a nice piece of hardware as well, but it's a big phone, and I'm not sure I want something bigger than the Note 7 in my pocket. iPhone owners also tend to wrap their phones in a case, making the package even bigger.
Samsung went with the same successful camera that it launched with on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, which isn't a bad thing. However, Apple added a second camera on the iPhone 7 Plus so that you get more options for creativity. The dual camera is something we've seen from LG, but Samsung has yet to employ such hardware in its devices.
I'm also looking forward to hearing those dual stereo speakers on the iPhone 7 Plus. Samsung hasn't spent much time investing in the speakers on its devices.
Apple will sell millions of new iPhones, while Samsung will also sell millions of new Galaxy Notes. Every individual has different needs and desires, so there isn't one phone that is best for all of us. At this time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 may be the best for me.

Source--- http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-iphone-7-plus-ten-reasons-to-pick-the-samsung-galaxy-note-7-instead/

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Teedeechian(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2016
Cc... Greenhulk Bossmd Somehowpenis Ollah1 Ollah2
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by fowlyansh181(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Note 7 has been banned in Australian airline for explosions..
I much rather pick the iphone 7..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
fowlyansh181:

Note 7 will be back in a few weeks. No real big deal about the recalls. We have seen Ferraris catching fire. The Ferrari 458 Italia was recalled because of fire issues, does that stop people from buying Ferrari? Tesla recalled the model s because of battery causing fire. Does that stop people from buying it? Apple recalled the iPhone 4s for the antenna problems. And they also recalled some iPhone 6 for blurry pictures. iPhone 5 for battery problems. Does that stop people from buying iPhones? Both the note 7 and iPhone 7 are great phones, personally I have no problem buying either.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by fowlyansh181(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
greenhulk:

Note 7 will be back in a few weeks. No real big deal about the recalls. We have seen Ferraris catching fire. The Ferrari 458 Italia was recalled because of fire issues, does that stop people from buying Ferrari? Tesla recalled the model s because of battery causing fire. Does that stop people from buying it? Apple recalled the iPhone 4s for the antenna problems. And they also recalled some iPhone 6 for blurry pictures. iPhone t for battery problems. Does that stop people from buying iPhones? Both the note 7 and iPhone 7 are great phones, personally I have no other problem buying either.
not when the note 7 battery explosion most certainly scared alot of folks towards the iphone 7, most certainly the note 7 would be fixed, but the battery blowing is most certainly something that won't soon be forgotten..
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
fowlyansh181:
not when the note 7 battery explosion most certainly scared alot of folks towards the iphone 7, most certainly the note 7 would be fixed, but the battery blowing is most certainly something that won't soon be forgotten..

It will put a blow on the note 7 sales no doubt but trust Samsung, they will come better. It is not easy recalling over 2 millions note 7 that jas been shipped because of a problem that happened with about 35 phones. When apple had the antenna problem with iPhone 4 they simply said people were holding it the wrong way and recommended a case. Samsung could have done the same and advise users to disable the fast charging from settings. But they didn't do that, they took a bold step in recalling every note 7, if u ask me I'd give my respect to Samsung for that BOLD move.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
greenhulk:

It will put a blow on the note 7 sales no doubt but trust Samsung, they will come better. It is not easy recalling over 2 millions note 7 that jas been shipped because of a problem that happened with about 35 phones. When apple had the antenna problem with iPhone 4 they simply said people were holding it the wrong way and recommended a case. Samsung could have done the same and advise users to disable the fast charging from settings. But they didn't do that, they took a bold step in recalling every note 7, if u ask me I'd give my respect to Samsung for that BOLD move.

You earned my respect with your comments. Sometimes when I tackle Apple, it's not because of hate but cos they don't believe they are wrong. They feel everything they do is perfect and their fans give them more confidence cos of sales and less demands. All in all. Both great devices but will take note 7.

Spen makes a whole loads of difference

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Teedeechian(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
fowlyansh181:
Probably an insurance scam. He probably saw the news about Note 7 heating and burning and tought if he burn his Jeep, he could get money from both the insurance and Samsung. why was he still holding on to a recalled phone. Talking about the iPhone,apple is not sure if the iPhone 7 will break any record, that's why they won't be publishing any sales information.
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by RitzyPrince(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
U mean SAMSUNG NOTE7 the explosive Device?
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by jmichlins(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
if I can't buy the Note 7 and iPhone 7plus at the same time without feeling the effect on my bank account, I won't buy any. You may tell me average people buy it abroad but over there the government works not here that I have been on my own since I was born.
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by henryobinna(m): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
though I'm more of an Android fanboy, I won't advice anyone to buy the Note 7 right now cos of the battery-fire issue.

it'll be better you wait a little for return of the Note 7 which will be branded refurbished. once Note 7 is back, forget this iPhone 7 and its mediocre airpods.

You absolutely won't need this list then.
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Opistorincos(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
Great piece @op
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
ollah1:

You earned my respect with your comments. Sometimes when I tackle Apple, it's not because of hate but cos they don't believe they are wrong. They feel everything they do is perfect and their fans give them more confidence cos of sales and less demands. All in all. Both great devices but will take note 7.

Spen makes a whole loads of difference

Regardless of what people say, Samsung are the only Android OEM that try to make their Android phones different from the rest. The way it is right now there are too many Android phones with different features, but Samsung try to make their phones stand out because in reality, most of these high end Android phones are more or less the same. Same snapdragon 820, same amount of ram (except one plus 3 that chose to go with 6gb of ram which is kind of needless), same qhd display. But the note series is the only phone with an s pen which is very very functional and makes a difference. Also Samsung are the only Android OEM that offer the best vr experience on a mobile phone with the gear vr. They have my respect.
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Kizyte(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
Supported!
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
greenhulk:

Regardless of what people say, Samsung are the only Android OEM that try to make their Android phones different from the rest. The way it is right now there are too many Android phones with different features, but Samsung try to make their phones stand out because in reality, most of these high end Android phones are more or less the same. Same snapdragon 820, same amount of ram (except one plus 3 that chose to go with 6gb of ram which is kind of needless), same qhd display. But the note series is the only phone with an s pen which is very very functional and makes a difference. Also Samsung are the only Android OEM that offer the best vr experience on a mobile phone with the gear vr. They have my respect.

Only Samsung command a large crowd of fans like Apple. You can't fault those other OEMs tho, they aren't cashed up like Samsung.

Sammie is looking into ditching QC entirely which is a very great move and it ought to have happened long ago.

All in all. I'm in for all things tech and really wishing for a third OS to break this duopoly. It's getting boring already.
Re: 10 Reasons To Consider Samsung Note 7 Instead Of Apple Iphone 7 Plus by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
ollah1:

Only Samsung command a large crowd of fans like Apple. You can't fault those other OEMs tho, they aren't cashed up like Samsung.

Sammie is looking into ditching QC entirely which is a very great move and it ought to have happened long ago.

All in all. I'm in for all things tech and really wishing for a third OS to break this duopoly. It's getting boring already.

Yea getting really boring. It will be very extremely difficult for a 3rd os to break in, not impossible though. It will take something really extraordinary special to convince people to embrace another os, the question is which company is willing to take the risk? Microsoft has the financial muscle but their windows mobile OS is just not cutting it. They are trying too much to make their mobile OS look like their windows pc OS which ain't working. They need to ditch windows mobile and create a truly mobile friendly os, just look at iOS, it looks nothing like the OS on MacBooks.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exploded In A Man's Pocket In US (photo) / Blackberry! Blackberry! Blackberry! Uk Used Blackberry Z10 For Sale / Sell Ur Faulty Mobile Phone Here In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.