Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) (15088 Views)

Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) / Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? / Staying on my job or Further Training? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by olowo72(m): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016
Singing great great grace. I see grace.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by mustybobo(m): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016
move on bro, ur present org myt nt promote u at ur due tym. taking d increment as ur promotion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by oyinD1: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by dnapstar(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2016
If you read very well, he said he added ACA to his name, if you Google ACA, it would be easy to tell his profession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by dj5naira(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Move.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by igorekpengmail: 7:26am On Sep 14, 2016
Please give me one. I don't have any, I am a grAduate of csc and I do programming as my hobby. Good at dotnet.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

Thanks Bros, I really appreciate your time and effort on this. My heart is really in my present job but my head is in the new one.
I guess I will follow my heart.
Thanks

Follow your heart O.
If you leave it might speak against you as you may sound like an unstable guy
It happened to a friend of mine.
Good luck
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

Thanks Intelligent dude.

The altitude of my bosses and colleagues towards me presently is very positive, and I believe it will be same in the new place. My calculation is has analyzed below
New Place,
Additional N53k monthly, smaller organisation compare to my present, head of my unit, job can last for at least four years, and unknown working environment.

Old place
Bigger Organisation, has more future in terms surviving, work as a support to the head of the unit, friendly colleagues and fear of being tagged not loyal to the organisation by requesting to leave in the first place, the last is my major worry.

I will weigh and add all the advice I get on this platform and other friends to the risk calculation before taking final decision.

Thanks

Bro, Good morning.

I understand how you feel and what's running through your mind. I red Bus Admin and Hr at the same time so I can practically say this situation can be handled without any fear. In Hr and the society at large, you have every right to air your view especially on situations that affects you directly. Don't be scared of losing your job just because you expressed your grievances, I believe those people there are well educated and should understand your plight. We are all human beings!

What you just need to do is prove your worth by putting in your best on your job. Let them see the reason why you need to be treated fairly and justly. For them to have listened to your complaint means they never wanted you leave the organization, Besides, given the size of the organization and such other things as job security, friendly colleagues, your passion for the job, etc, just don't worry, it's all gonna be fine staying there.

I want you to bear in mind that, an organization where employees grievances are considered and handled with just and fair, such org is the best org to work. They can never think of using it against you because they know your worth and will not want to lose you in a hurry.

My brother, all you need now is God and continued personal development. I know you are way older and experienced than I am, but this advice is based on my professional view.

I wish you God's favour on this job and all your endeavors. Go bro!! No shaking!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by nastyesco(m): 7:53am On Sep 14, 2016
Hi OP...I bet you...while both positions has its perks...while I see you are obviously missing something which goes beyond money. At the new organisation you stand a big advancment in your career which is being head of the Unit.
While dangers associated with this may include a new organisation may sway eitherways by growing or folding. If you are not scared of taKing risks the new organisation will be a good place for you but if you have responsibilities and can't afford risks. You can stay with the present job. However, if you decide to leave make your present employer see the reason you are leaving them isn't because of money. Trust me you pass a better signal telling them you intend to leave because of the position not money...best of luck
femlex:

Thanks Intelligent dude.

The altitude of my bosses and colleagues towards me presently is very positive, and I believe it will be same in the new place. My calculation is has analyzed below
New Place,
Additional N53k monthly, smaller organisation compare to my present, head of my unit, job can last for at least four years, and unknown working environment.

Old place
Bigger Organisation, has more future in terms surviving, work as a support to the head of the unit, friendly colleagues and fear of being tagged not loyal to the organisation by requesting to leave in the first place, the last is my major worry.

I will weigh and add all the advice I get on this platform and other friends to the risk calculation before taking final decision.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by ochobaba(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2016
Ojestas:
Some people will just come here and start oppressing the jobless!

God dey!
and you believe his story in this recession period where organization are sacking their staff like chelsea
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by DavidEsq(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2016
Doyin400l:
Blood of peter....@op keep oppressing us with those figures.
Abeg o! No let these ppl wey I dey with for inside think say I don craze. I wan laf die for here

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by osinachijude: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2016
my advice would be to leave, if you have been around the corporate world for a while, you would know that later your current organization would still hunt or victimize u for this action of wanting to leave. They know your worth and don't want to lose you, but they would not bat an eye lid if they are to relive you of your role. so my brother move on. plus you said, that the new place is offering something above what your current place is offering, so why wait. However, if you look at both organizations, which has a better corporate culture, work-life balance, etc. these should also come into play when deciding.

Cheers!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by ekanDamie: 8:06am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

I am sorry if you see this as oppressing, I did not start earning this in in first job, even though some are that lucky, I started with a job of 35k in 2008, and the 35k was reduced to 18k monthly when the organisation was not doing well, and when it folded up, a got a job of 45k in Abuja in 2010, and that of 60k, and that of 100k e.t.c before I got to this point, and I hope to get better and I pray for God's favour. We shall all be blessed, time and chance makes the difference between us and the rich
This reply is really motivating. I started with a 6k job in 2009 wen i was 18, i have upto 15,18,35k now am on 60k and i wish to go higher. Can u please tell us what qualifications u werr able to bag on ur jobs that made ur value dis high n what industry you are in. If u dnt mind, it is really appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by sorepco(m): 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Stay...if they did notvalue u they wouldnotve raised ur pay. At times a technician does a job for me. I know his pay is 2000 naira but i give him 500 naira. If he takes it my bad and if he wants a race i go to 1k till we reach that 2k mark.
So ur company mite b usong same tactic. Stay with them and proof ur worth for this race. Dont show signs of being too greedy though.

femlex:

Good day to you my fellow Nairalanders, I kindly need your advice.

I got a new job five months ago, and my monthly net is a little above 300K. On getting to the organisation I discovered my that some of my colleague with same skill sets earn close too 400k. I became demotivated, and I started applying to other organisations, and just last week I got a new job offer of above 400k monthly, I spoke with my supervisor on it and about me resigning, and after 3 days, the management of my present organisation called me and offer to give me close to 400k if I decide to stay. Please I kindly need your advice.

I personally will love to stay because I love the Organisation and my skill are well appreciated but my major fear is that it may be used against me in the nearest future by my present organisation. I really need your advice especially for someone that has experience this below.

Thanks
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by hgnbello(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2016
well diz jx greedy, if at all u didnt let dem knw ix cz f d salary dat u wnt 2 leave, it culd av gud. Bt nw dey knw nd dey wnt 2 increase ur salary. Jx stick 2 ur present job, bt knw dat sm tins will change.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by joinnow: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2016
Why come here to give false hope.Nigeria company in recession now want to pay you more when you agitate for increase. Bros are you sure you are in present Nigeria.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Artistree: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2016
JOF2:
The advice of man is good . But have you considered seeking the face of God ? Afterall is not man that granted you this favour.

Congratulations
God will not speak to him from heaven, will he?

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by nams77: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2016
I was just laffing reading the first post. Op why are u pressing people upandan na? Well, I like your story. It reminds me of mine. Attended an interview once and one of the interviewer was surprised that I have worked in several places. She wondered if I won't leave theirs soon. Now to your question, if you love the environment and the culture there, pls stay. I remembered where I once worked, the salary was OK, the title was mind blowing and if you enter my office, if you be babe, you must gree by force, but I hated everyday I spent there. I was even surprise I didn't die from bp or heart attack.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by okoval2(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2016
undecided
Ojestas:
Some people will just come here and start oppressing the jobless!

God dey!
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by dnapstar(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2016
A lot of people need to change their mind set. The country is in recession does not mean there are companies not willing to pay for value. When a company or organization knows your value and are confident that you would be a great asset to them, they would pay any amount to keep you.
So the challenge is to constantly develop yourself, so you can get to the point where you are seen as an asset and not an option.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Ifeanyie12(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2016
@OP, if u still enjoy the work enviroment, colleagues and other incentives in ur present job, then u shud stay with them but if the problem is not just the salary difference, then u shud move to the next one cos if u don't, it might come back to hunt u in the future... sometimes, a new challenge is always worth the risk.
secondly, pls could u send me a good CV to my email - ifeanyie12@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Shiitposter: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2016
andaxon:

Guy stay on job and give me the link of this other job

Hahaha, best post in this thread.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by megastu(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2016
Once you aim, pull the trigger.

I think you should take the new one; unit head and fear of being tagged not loyal.
femlex:

Thanks Intelligent dude.

New Place,

Old place

Thanks

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by thelish(f): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2016
Am afraid ur boss will use this against u sooner or later. I asked others around me, they said same. And it might be when the other job is no longer available.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by princetom1(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2016
Op, what are u scared of? 400k for this era? Abeg, collect whoever is willing to pay more, and start planning to retire soon with u starting ur own business. Is better to be ready than shouting o lawd or OMG later. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

I got a new job five months ago, and my monthly net is a little above 300K. On getting to the organisation I discovered my that some of my colleague with same skill sets earn close too 400k. I became demotivated, and I started applying to other organisations, and just last week I got a new job offer of above 400k monthly, I spoke with my supervisor on it and about me resigning, and after 3 days, the management of my present organisation called me and offer to give me close to 400k if I decide to stay. Please I kindly need your advice.

I personally will love to stay because I love the Organisation and my skill are well appreciated but my major fear is that it may be used against me in the nearest future by my present organisation. I really need your advice especially for someone that has experience this below.

Thanks

I wonder how you guys discuss job hunting with ur employers..

Nawa o.

Jesus said, nobody who puts his hands to the plough and looks back is ready for the kingdom..
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by tutusaint(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

Thanks

I strongly advice you leave for the new one. You present employer may decide to disengage you as soon as you loos the new job.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by mufuteeeee(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2016
Babzilla:

Follow your heart O. If you leave it might speak against you as you may sound like an unstable guy It happened to a friend of mine. Good luck
Can you explain more? Thanks
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by henryboff(m): 9:08am On Sep 14, 2016
femlex:

Thanks
@OP I will advice you to take the new job and move on with your life. No matter how friendly and considerate your present employers are, when the going gets tough no employer will stand by an employee who has ever threatened to resign in order to get a raise.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by olac21(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2016
If you ask me,I will say all you typed there is just to feel good about yourself.. and to oppress the unemployed.. do good to make sense next time you type here....
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
@OP...you are a line with those figures, repent now... Jesus is coming soon!!!
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2016
mufuteeeee:

Can you explain more? Thanks

A friend of mine got a job in Sokoto and his family was in Abuja. after 4 months he applied for another job that the position is in abuja. He apploed and was invited for the interview. The guys were curious abt why he wanted to leave so soon and explained but theu werent convinced. to them he seemed like an unstable guy who wont take time to contribute to their organization instead he will be looking for where the grass is greener. So he was dropped. Its usally advisable to stay in a play for at least 2 years... maybe 1.. but some organizations wont take1year. If such appears frequently on your CV then employers will become very wary aboit hiring you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) / Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students / Is It Wrong To Help Your Boss With His Or Her Bag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.