Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People (19802 Views)

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by DeSepiero(m): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
People suffer as consequences of their past actions.
It has nothing to do with a god but the individual.
Its just like blaming crime on devil.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by dblackninja: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Aaronsrod:

Believe me mockery is unwise. Seek the kingdom of god and life eternal.

Sorry to break it to you but nobody lives eternally.

CRK: Even the bible made us aware of that.
-God made man to live in the garden of Eden. Planted a lot of trees including the tree of life.
- Set him up by telling him only about the tree of knowledge of good and bad.
-Effecting his treachery by allowing an evil he made to tempt man.
-Chased man away from the garden & guarding it with a bazooka flaming sword lest man dangles and eat from the tree of life and live forever!

There was no way he budgeted man to live eternally.

In part 2 though he realized his mistake.
-He came down to atone for his sins of setting man up.
-He allowed himself to be sacrificed so that man can now live eternally (I wonder how that made sense angry ).
#Hurray mankind is saved at last!!

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by DeSepiero(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
Jesuobu:
God never created evil and but permit it.
You think so? Why?

Jesuobu:

Evil is just an absence of good, just the same way darkness is just an absence of light.

Can you give a better explanation for 'evil being absence of good' because the darkness - light analogy is not valid. While light has wave and particle properties, darkness doesn't.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
felixomor:

Logically, u see how smelly ur conclusions are?
Please, go n read the bible well.

Lol. I would advice the same to you smiley
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by felixomor: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Lol. I would advice the same to you smiley

Mcheww sad
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 11, 2016
Lalasticlala give some people encouragment in difficult times like this economic recession grin
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Anas09: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
Barney11:
Even allow you to suffer after all the prayers yet He blesses the unrighteous richly.i know a good father doesn't allow his children to suffer. The Barney
Pls find out what the unrighteous do to be where they are, if you can do it, by all means do it and get their kind of wealth.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by sukkot: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
true indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by lifestyle1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by flokii: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
His kingdom is not of this world..

The 'real' good ones will get their reward.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by majoh163(m): 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
the Lord knows best
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Miles300: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
The devil came to steal and to destroy , God doesn't allow evil befall us , it is the devil that does that , to cause unbelief and turn us away from God .. That's why as believers we ought to stand and live by faith to quench the activities of the enemy upon our lives...and how does faith comes by hearing the word of God and acting upon it .
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by grodt999: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
You’re shaped by your experiences in life both good and bad, though most of which where beyond your control but God allowed them for His purpose of molding you to what He wants you to be. God intentionally allows you to go through painful experiences so that you know how to help those in pain because he comforts us in all our troubles and wants us to learn from His fair treatment and transfer it to others when the need arises.

Take for example, with the case of Job, God allowed Satan to do everything to Job except to kill him and what was Jobs reaction? “Though he may slay me, yet I hope in Him (Job 13: 15). Job did not understand why God had allowed the things He did but knew God was good and therefore continued to trust in Him. Ultimately that should be our reaction as well and not crying and shouting “God why me?” and speaking ill of Him in some cases.

Rather my dear brethren, be thankful for everything that happens to you because great souls are grown through struggles and storms and seasons of suffering and remember that there can never be rain without storm and neither will there be harvest without rain. In the end of the struggles you will come out victorious and you will realize the true intention of God was far different from what you have always thought.

Another reason why God allow bad things to happen to you even when you’re His child, is not to make you cry but It’s His deliberate act to shape your heart to love Him more. So God allowed those things which you see unfair because He knows a tree that is blown by tough wind does not grow strong root. Everything you face is just to make you strong and eradicate the fear of evil and death.

So my brothers and sisters whatever you face, be patient with God because He knows what He is doing. Thanks and God bless.

Written by Jesuobu(i.e. Jesus thank you)

Another commonsense reason could be that there is no god existence and so NO control over what happens to you
I suppose most black africans have not reached that level of thinking so the rubbish written here will do for now

6 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by sweetcocoa(f): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
The way some people and their religion claim to know everything tire me, so this one knows the mind of the supposed god now o.

2 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by bettercreature(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Miles300:
The devil came to steal and to destroy , God doesn't allow evil befall us , it is the devil that does that , to cause unbelief and turn us away from God .. That's why as believers we ought to stand and live by faith to quench the activities of the enemy upon our lives...and how does faith comes by hearing the word of God and acting upon it .
yeah when we face problems, the devil laughs at it and rejoice that he has got the person. His intention is to see the person destroyed but God sees it the other way and use it to draw us closer to Him
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
DeSepiero:

What has a month old baby done? Died just after a month of birth or lose both parent to death, to suffer the remaining of his/her life?

4 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by henryutd(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
They may be good in your sight but evil in the sight of the Lord.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by dalass(f): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
[Was Epicurus a foolish man
Yes he was
"The fool hath saith in his heart that there is no God"
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Religion is anti-nature
This is why I favour some religion above Christianity. Vandata, zen Buddhism, different system of the yoga religion etc has somemore logical n reasonable answers to questions like this than hide under the skin of an "unquestionable God".

Good and evil
War and peace
Friends and enemies
Matter and antimatter
Love and hate
Etc

Nature in it characteristics is of both positive and negative, it just finds a way to balance itself.
When you speak of a supreme being that is malevolent and omnipresent, loving and kind hearted and from the bible " the plan of God for us is of good and not evil(I av forgotten d book precisely). And yet all the evil of the world happens under his watch, we need to question his claims therefore.

I would accept a "supreme nature" rather than a subprime God tho..

My opinion

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by joeace2020(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation and not by choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

Is it that you intentionally ignored the part that said "i created evil" or what?
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by DeSepiero(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
hopsydboi:

What has a month old baby done? Died just after a month of birth or lose both parent to death, to suffer the remaining of his/her life?

That makes you to realise that not only does people suffer the consequences for their own actions, the consequences extend to other people.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by joeace2020(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
sweetcocoa:
The way some people and their religion claim to know everything tire me, so this one knows the mind of the supposed god now o.

Nato open church remain...The mind of God ministries inc international grin grin
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Reference(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
It is not a matter of permitting when God was never in charge in the first place. God created the EARTH FOR MAN to HANDLE so what happens here has man behind it. Only man has the authority on earth. It is him that issues the licenses for intervention BY ANY EXTERNAL BODY whether good or bad. It is God's responsibility to provide the tools, the means of well being called Righteousness just as Satan provides the seeds of evil through temptation.

The power to rule God gave to man in the Garden of Eden and man has been making choices good and bad since then and enjoying and suffering the consequences respectively. Man is completely responsible for what happens to himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by joeace2020(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
DeSepiero:

while i am not a religious fanatic like the op, i would like to know the sins infants have committed to die in tragic ways like abortions, natural disasters and so on? Truth evil happens to all men eventually whether good or bad. Why it seems to the fanatic op that God allows it is because he is still in the school of thought that when man knows God he stops being human...SMH
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by AreaFada2: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
God never created evil and but permit it. Evil is just an absence of good, just the s[b]ame way darkness is just an absence of light.[/b] Darkness wasn't created, just take out the candle, and darkness will create itself.

Really?

God created the world dark & formless.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by sweetcocoa(f): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
joeace2020:

Nato open church remain...The mind of God ministries inc international grin grin
No be small something my brother, see the way he sounds like he had a meeting with God this morning, where God told him everything.grin grin
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
DeSepiero:

That makes you to realise that not only does people suffer the consequences for their own actions, the consequences extend to other people.
I give up!
You won't make much sense
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by pippimp(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
hahn:

You are really deluded and obviously not thinking with your brain undecided

People are just ignorant, lazy, and refuse to take responsibility for their actions. This is the main reason people pray. Deflect responsibility. Bad shiit will always happen no matter who one prays to. Nigerians are most guilty of this mentality. Nigerians will not go for yearly medical check ups and when they drop dead at an early age or have a horrific preventable disease, the family starts yelling, "God, why"?

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Abdstrakt(m): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Aaronsrod:

Read your Bible. We ae all sinners. We are born into sin from Adam and Eve. As a father punishes a child so must God punish us for our evil hearts. How he does this is not for us to judge. He is God. We must only obey and remain in his favour.

What evil heart might this little baby have to deserve this punishment? Explain.

4 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by medexico(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
My Qur'an says

"So after hardship there is relief

And verily after hardship there is relief"

So for every hardship there are two relieves and one hardship cannot over come two relieves, so just be patient as God love those that are patient.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by DeSepiero(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
joeace2020:

while i am not a religious fanatic like the op, i would like to know the sins infants have committed to die in tragic ways like abortions, natural disasters and so on? Truth evil happens to all men eventually whether good or bad. Why it seems to the fanatic op that God allows it is because he is still in the school of thought that when man knows God he stops being human...SMH

Life is dynamic. I could make you suffer; without you offending me or some deity. I could do so deliberately or indeliberately. Its all about decisions, actions then importantly, CHANCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is? / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife, Faith, Celebrate 39th Wedding Anniversary / Believers Loveworld! Building A Happier World With Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.