Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away (2996 Views)

Please Nairalanders, How Can I Have My Happiness Back? / Man Pictured Gropping His Wife's Butt Infront Of A Catholic Church / Zimbabwean Catholic Sister Has Sex With Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away by Pidggin(f): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
mamachizzy:

My fiancé is an open minded person and he has no problem with me attending a catholic church. But the wedding must be in his church. So u would prefer I marry somebody I don't love just cos he is catholic instead of marrying a person I truly love? The earlier we stop preaching hate and start preaching love especially in these trying times the better. As for my rosary, I will never drop it. NEVER!!!!!

I am glad to hear that you will still continue praying your rosary. I am not preaching hate nor am I saying you shouldn't marry him, I only said I am too deep into Catholic tradition to consider doing such. Holy Eucharist adoration, attending mass, using sacramentals, stations of the cross, rosary praying, divine mercy, etc are traditions i grew up with, so in my thinking it will be better for me to be with someone who also understands this

I am glad your husband is open minded, like I said, it must be hard for your dad to handle this so pray for him and be patient while he gets used to the idea.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away by southernbelle(f): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2016
mamachizzy:
I just lost my mom a few months ago. I think he is scared of going through all this alone. At least when it happened with my big sis, mom was there and they went thru it together. My fiance is suggests we marry traditionally, and then in court and leave the church wedding if it will cause problems
Your man is so understanding and that's sweet of him, wish you all the best hon smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Onegai:
Catholic and Anglican doctrine is almost 80% the same. The Anglican church broke away because of English Politics in the 15th/16th century. I have attended Anglican Mass and there was almost no difference. Even the Catholic church in Nigeria recognises Anglican baptism during Marriage classes. It is Pentecostal church that has different doctrines that the old-school churches don't accept.

OP, get your Reverend Father involved in this. It truly should not be an issue but in the East a lot of weird stuff happens (Fr. Mbaka is selling prayer scratch cards) and your Bishop seems to allow it. It is also Easterners that insist on asking the non-Catholic spouse to be signing undertaking (in Lagos the church is always upset to hear that kind of news).
an Undertaking is sign by d non catholic all over d world not just by easterners.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hmmm op tread carefully denominational issues should be sorted out before signing dotted lines, you guys are in love now no doubt but time will come denomination might challenge the strength of your union

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Always Ashamed Because Of This. / A Miracle? - Ibo Couples Give Birth To A White Child- See Photo / What Is The Importance Of Having Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.