Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? (3243 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
I don't understand what has been happening, I no longer do the following
1) Listen to pastors preach on the bus or roadside, because most atimes the will ask for offering or pledges after their sermon.
2) I don't oppose gays neither do I endorse them

3) Going to Church regularly, I have attended different churches in recent times, hoping to find a good one, but the all have the same strategic planning- great sermon/Bible exposition, great offerings and fund raising. Offerings have different names and titles, Thanksgiving, adoration, firstfruits, last fruit, Televangelism, Charity, Tithe, worship and prosperity offering , even fasting offering shocked all this offerings in this Buhari's administration.

Now...
I'm thinking more logically than Religiously, calling a Spade a Spade. Not being Politically correct, the Touch don't my annoited syndrome of most so called Christians.
Pastor dey Bleep up, u no go condemn am, u go dey reason Touch not the annoited, who annoit am grin

Anyway, I Pray to have the Zeal, good guidance and passion for Christianity...
Churches are not encouraging me.

Ps... I am not broke or stingy about offering, but I don't wanna fund the next Private Jet of a Nigerian pastor

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by mrZENographer: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:
1) Listen to pastors preach on the bus or roadside, because most atimes the will ask for offering or pledges after their sermon.

3) Going to Church regularly, I have attended different churches in recent times, hoping to find a good one, but the all have the same strategic planning- great sermon/Bible exposition, great offerings and fund raising. Offerings have different names and titles, Thanksgiving, adoration, firstfruits, last fruit, Televangelism, Charity, Tithe, worship and prosperity offering , even fasting offering shocked all this offerings in this Buhari's administration.

Now...
I'm thinking more logically than Religiously, calling a Spade a Spade. Not being Politically correct, the Touch don't my annoited syndrome of most so called Christians.
Pastor dey Bleep up, u no go condemn am, u go dey reason Touch not the annoited, who annoit am grin

Ps... I am not broke or stingy about offering, but I don't wanna fund the next Private Jet of a Nigerian pastor

It's not your fault. its the fault of those pastors who only preach Faith and prosperity. The purpose of going to church is to draw closer to God and ensure you are living a righteous life, prepared for eternity.

And why mention that? If you don't oppose them then you will join them.
Don't deceive yourself because...... you know it's true and that's where you're headed. Unfortunate.

I invite you to The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement Church@Ijesha Bustop Oshodi Expressway, where great miracles happen and God is transforming lives and preparing souls for eternity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by butterfly88(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
If thinking logically and giving reason a chance is atheism and if Christianity demands that you let sentiments cloud you reason, and your realistic perception,then I have on bad advice for you,,, my brother become an atheist grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Seun(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
This is awesome. Know that you are not alone.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by plaetton: 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Op.
You don't have to become anything.
You don't have to belong to any labels.

The fact that you are exercising healthy skepticism about your beliefs are good enough.

The more you ask questions, the more you are likely to get answers.

No one is going to punish or throw you into a an eternal barbecue for simply exercising your rational thinking faculties.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by urahara(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
Op keep asking questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by butterfly88(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
plaetton:
Op.

The fact that you are exercising healthy skepticism about your beliefs are good enough.

No one is going to punish or throw you into a an eternal barbecue for simply exercising your rational thinking faculties.
your head correct guy
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by wirinet(m): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
From your write up, you are not becoming an atheist, you are becoming a Christian rebel. An atheist is someone do does not believe in the existence of God(s) or deities. You never said you are losing belief in God, you are only saying you are losing faith in Nigerian pastors, whose primary message is giving, tithes, offerings and sacrifice ( to the church of course ), salvation for sale or to the highest bidder.
If your are angry at the Pentecostal churches and their messages, you can try the Orthodox churches like the Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, etc. They lay less emphasis on tithes and offerings

9 Likes

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
wirinet:
From your write up, you are not becoming an atheist, you are becoming a Christian rebel. An atheist is someone do does not believe in the existence of God(s) or deities. You never said you are losing belief in God, you are only saying you are losing faith in Nigerian pastors, whose primary message is giving, tithes, offerings and sacrifice ( to the church of course ), salvation for sale or to the highest bidder.
If your are angry at the Pentecostal churches and their messages, you can try the Orthodox churches like the Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, etc. They lay less emphasis on tithes and offerings
I have respect and tolerance for People's faith so I won't castigate this Orthodox Churches, but what I will tell you is that, I have also tried this Churches, the are NOT the way AT ALL .
I have even served Mass in a Catholic Church (long Story) so know I have attended Catholic Church for a reasonable time..

plaetton:
Op.
Yeah, Healthy skepticism..
But classifications is part of the world view now, I can't be swinging like a Pedulum, not that I'm desperate to have an Identity (Christian, Theist, Atheist)
But what will this answers lead me to ?

Looking at everything in Christianity logically is Risky, because a lot of Theories can't be proven logically.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by honourhim: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Now...

I dont give money to those preachers in the bus. I dont fall for those offerings you mentioned above. I dont believe that Jesus presence is restricted to any church. I do attend church and i see it simply as the assembling of ourselves as the bible puts it. Any other attachments anybody is making to make his church look more special than the others dont trip me. I am not an attheist and i will never be(by the grace of God).
Only you can tell why you are suddenly developing inferiority complex towards the atheists simply because you are trying to reason out certain issues in christianity. I reason out things too, i question some christian practices and teachings in my church and in other churches but I AM HAPPY TO BE A CHILD OF GOD. I AM NOT INFERIOR TO ANY USELESS ATHEISTS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Praise be to Lord and Master Satan.

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

I have respect and tolerance for People's faith so I won't castigate this Orthodox Churches, but what I will tell you is that, I have also tried this Churches, the are NOT the way AT ALL .
I have even served Mass in a Catholic Church (long Story) so know I have attended Catholic Church for a reasonable time..

Yeah, Healthy skepticism..
But classifications is part of the world view now, I can't be swinging like a Pedulum, not that I'm desperate to have an Identity (Christian, Theist, Atheist)
But what will this answers lead me to ?

Looking at everything in Christianity logically is Risky, because a lot of Theories can't be proven logically.

Young man , you are becoming a religious skeptic .Most religious skeptics are deists . Because you don't understand some tenants of Christianity does not mean God does not exist . Never consider atheism because it is utter foolishness and it limits logical thinking .

Remain blessed .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
butterfly88:
If thinking logically and giving reason a chance is atheism and if Christianity demands that you let sentiments cloud you reason, and your realistic perception,then I have on bad advice for you,,, my brother become an atheist grin grin

Butterfly88 ? All you atheists owning 4 , 5 , 6 accounts . Well done oo .
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by wirinet(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Ok, but you still haven't told us why you are losing faith in God (s) in general and specifically in the Christian God ( Trinity of Jesus, Yahweh and a holy spirit). You only told us why you are losing faith in pastors.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by butterfly88(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Butterfly88 ? Or you atheists owning 4 , 5 , 6 accounts . Well done oo .
grin...lol...awayhu doing bro. grin.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
honourhim:

I dont give money to those preachers in the bus. I dont fall for those offerings you mentioned above. I dont believe that Jesus presence is restricted to any church. I do attend church and i see it simply as the assembling of ourselves as the bible puts it. Any other attachments anybody is making to make his church look more special than the others dont trip me. I am not an attheist and i will never be(by the grace of God).
Only you can tell why you are suddenly developing inferiority complex towards the atheists simply because you are trying to reason out certain issues in christianity. I reason out things too, i question some christian practices and teachings in my church and in other churches but I AM HAPPY TO BE A CHILD OF GOD. I AM NOT INFERIOR TO ANY USELESS ATHEISTS.
By calling Atheists useless you just spoilt all the sermon you wrote...
Why call them useless undecided How will you call God's creatures Useless angry
Seun is probably an Atheist and here you are using a Forum created by a Useless person undecided
Same with Facebook and Microsoft ...
How have you impacted on Humanity as a Christian ?? Tell me?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Seun is probably an Atheist and here you are using a Forum created by a Useless person undecided
Same with Facebook and Microsoft soft...

Bill Gate is not an atheist
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by dubylhover(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
My brother don't mind these pastorpreneurs

Suppose add ceo to their names,cos its now a money making venture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
butterfly88:
grin...lol...awayhu doing bro. grin.

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by maputohq: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
wirinet:
Are you for real?
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bro, Welcome back to the world of logical reasoning! well, you were once an atheist when you were born but your family and the society indoctrinated you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
wirinet:

Ok, but you still haven't told us why you are losing faith in God (s) in general and specifically in the Christian God ( Trinity of Jesus, Yahweh and a holy spirit). You only told us why you are losing faith in pastors.

Pls where did I say I'm losing Faith in God?
I still identify as a Lapsed Christian!!

KingEbukasBlog:

Bill Gate is not an atheist
What's Bill Gates Religion?
Is he a Christian
Though I'm not here to argue about Bill Gates
All I'm saying is that Atheists are NOT useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
dubylhover:
My brother don't mind these pastorpreneurs

Suppose add ceo to their names,cos its now a money making venture
Brother, na Emeka and sons limited things oo grin
Self Employed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Pls where did I say I'm losing Faith in God?
I still identify as a Lapsed Christian!!

Apparently opening the thread was an impulsive decision .

What's Bill Gates Religion?
Is he a Christian
Though I'm not here to argue about Bill Gates
All I'm saying is that Atheists are NOT useless

One thing is certain , they were useless for 6,000 years

https://www.nairaland.com/3299993/what-prominent-achievements-made-atheists
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by honourhim: 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Same with Facebook and Microsoft soft...

I know why i put the word useless. Everything about that word i wrote there is concerning atheism. I am not talking about achievement because it wasnt atheism that made Seun to start nairaland and get to where he is now. He wasnt even an atheist when he started this nairaland business. Forget about whether i'm using Seun's forum or not because it is my presence here and your presence that keeps Seun's business going. I am not gaining any financial benefit from nairaland but Seun is gaining.
Bill Gate isnt prospering because he is an atheists and i dont think he is an atheist anyway.

Some of these people stopped believing God when they have already made achievements in life. And if you say that i have not impacted in humanity as a christian then you are only ignorant and i wont blame you because you spoke based on your level of knowledge of me. I dont need to blow my trumpet.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by rexlims(m): 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
@op, I feel u. presently I am in dis state of mind where I dont see d Importance of going to church, studying d bible and lots more. I try to reason every actions and inactions from a logical point of view.
my wife, parents and siblings are all worried at dis change of attitude. I try to explain to them dat I love God. but doubt cos I dnt go to church. I dnt hv much but I hv equally accepted dat I cant hv evrytin in dis world as a person. I hv been to so many churches but it is d same msg- tithe, seed sowing, u nt prospering cos u are nt paying tithe etc. it makes me start thinking if God is to b paid before he blesses sum one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by honourhim: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
rexlims:
@op, I feel u. presently I am in dis state of mind where I dont see d Importance of going to church, studying d bible and lots more. I try to reason every actions and inactions from a logical point of view.
my wife, parents and siblings are all worried at dis change of attitude. I try to explain to them dat I love God. but doubt cos I dnt go to church. I dnt hv much but I hv equally accepted dat I cant hv evrytin in dis world as a person. I hv been to so many churches but it is d same msg- tithe, seed sowing, u nt prospering cos u are nt paying tithe etc. it makes me start thinking if God is to b paid before he blesses sum one.

God will help you my brother. Continue to seek more closer tie with God one on one. Jesus did not form any denomination that we must attend. The bible advised us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves and based on this advise, it is still good that you be part of gathering where God is worshiped even if you dont follow all their religious rituals.
Ask God for more guidance. Develop a personal relationship with him.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
rexlims:
We are just alike now...
Exactly the same thoughts...
Nigerian Pastors are leading more people into condemnation than righteousness.
I have explored/toured various Churches (Orthodox, pentecostal, spiritual, etc) all the same Money Money Money.....
Sow a seed, Sow a seed, First Fruit, Second Fruit, last Fruit, Basket of blessings, harvest etc. Are this Pastors are Farmers grin
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by honourhim: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mcowubaba:

I didn't mean to degrade or insult you Sir. I apologize in anyway I offended you..
God help us all cool

Thanks my brother. God bless you.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by ifenes(m): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
Follow your heart OP. if something is not working,it will be opened to questioning. I know you are still a christian,but then can still have a curious mind.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vanity Upon Vanity! / How Do We Find Out Where Pastor Chris Is Preaching When He Travels / Christian Prince - For Muslim Who Keep Attacking Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.