Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,921 members, 7,956,463 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? (24867 Views)

"I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Weah96: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2016
mrZENographer:

Follow me to THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT CHURCH and you will never get bored serving God but be revived. Lets connect. pm me.

Entertainment mixed with the euphoria obtained from inspirational speaking is not the revival being sought. You get those in a nice bar or club.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2016
[color=red] ever before I got married, I wasn't a regular churchy type, my wife insisted we start a church going..

My brother, when I started it, it was worth it..
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by loadedvibes: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2016
No it is not. You the holyspirit.
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2016
GOD IS GOOD[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by babdap: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2016
I hope ur enemies are not the ones @ work?
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by clancymiim(f): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2016
honestly, you need Christ.. if you know what's happening in the spirit. ehh. I bet u go dey live for chruch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Tremor007: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2016
florest:
That is not possible ma, U can't be saved outside the church. Who preached to you? What is your definition of CHURCH? I am sure d building did not preached to you but a member of the church.
Don't sound like an unbeliever, yes one can be saved outside the Church, after all Saul of Tarsus had an encounter with Jesus on his way to Damascus, he was baptised in water, change his name to Apostle Paul and did exploits than those of his contemporaries who slept in church, got born again in Church. Do not rewrite the BIBLE!

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Vicjustice: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:
I feel going to church is just a waste of time since they are all going to be repeating themselves undecided everyone here in our house is busy preparing for tomorrow's sunday service but I don't see the big deal and I'm already making up my mind not to attend any church service anymore! I'm just tired abeg!! I hope this is normal!

[size=15pt]GOING TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY IS NOT WHAT GOD REQUIRES OF YOU, HE WANTS YOUR LOVE, FULL TIME:
DON'T GO TO CHURCH BEFORE YOU GO TO JΕSUS
[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by sambrovic(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2016
Is it necessary to go to church,when you are holy and God fearing and all what will be preached in church is holiness and righteousness.

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2016
Weah96:
Go for the girls. They do reserve some of their best outfits for church.
You and OP need DELIVERANCE grin grin
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2016
The moment you begin to develop cold feet towards church activities is a time to either change to a more lively church, belong to a particular group in church stir up the spirit or seek a spiritual counsellor because its not normal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Lexusgs430: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:
I feel going to church is just a waste of time since they are all going to be repeating themselves undecided everyone here in our house is busy preparing for tomorrow's sunday service but I don't see the big deal and I'm already making up my mind not to attend any church service anymore! I'm just tired abeg!! I hope this is normal!

Very normal attitude. How many of our present situations have all the numerous churches and preachings helped?
We have so many churches, so many pastors and our problems are multiple multi folds.
Most churches have simply become the easiest way to print money.....................

7 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by oluwashedy: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

OP thank you for this thread. I feel the same way too. Nufin about religion /church interest me anymore #iamtired

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by pinkguy(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Ok try this
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by tectonotimes: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2016
CONTEMPORARY STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO EXPORT BUSINESS
It is glaring that many exporters have been defrauded in the process of exporting goods to other countries owing to the fact that they do not have adequate training on export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment is export business. The link below is a compilation on all the steps exporters should follow from the point of packaging the goods they intend to export to the point of payment. To read it, click:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by LifeCoachAndre: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

What makes church boring is when you go there as a loner. You need to find true friendships and purpose in church or u get tired of the entire thing. Same applies to going to school, to work etc. Anywhere u cannot find friendship and companionship becomes boring, it's not just peculiar to a church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by LifeCoachAndre: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2016
What makes church boring is when you go there as a loner. You need to find true friendships and purpose in church or u get tired of the entire thing. Same applies to going to school, to work etc. Anywhere u cannot find friendship and companionship becomes boring, it's not just peculiar to a church.

Sermwell:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by kenigwe18: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Tru talk op, ts been a while ive been to church
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by spencekat(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Let's be frank it's abnormal.
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by greggng: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2016
A white man once told me that u Africans go to church everyday yet poverty and disease kills you all here. It shows their is something fundamentally wrong with our faith in God. That we pay lip service to God that's why poverty has become our companion. My friend if you decide not to go to church nothing is wrong with u. Majority of the church goers re the ones that brought us to the stage we re now as a nation. Inside church they re holy, ouside the church the are looters of the common wealth. God is looking for those who will serve him in spirit and truth not church goers. Anyways I stopped going to church many years iam working at serving go in spirit and truth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2016
If I'm not wrong, this month will make it the 4th month I'v not gone to church. And the funny part of it is that I don't have any excuse for not going.
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by sukkot: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2016
on a side note bishop eddie long is dying of stage 4 cancer. prosperity preacher

2 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by NobleG1(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

Don't worry. It is very normal because you're realizing that religion is c*rap. Religion was invented to control people who lack rational thought.

Scientists at the Institute of Historical Research, in 2011, released their findings after five years of dedicated research. The scientists, headed by Doctor Julius Sanreso, welcomed the research findings and said that it would be in the interests of those who believe in such nonsense as organised religion or creationism to accept the fact that religious books were written by men as a control system.

“Just think for one second, if ‘God’ or a ‘messenger of God’ had written that particular religious book/bible, how come the writings only occur within a very limited period in human history? Also, consider the fact, that a human writing on a piece of paper, or a few pieces of paper, is not the word of ‘God’. If they were really written by a universal God or entity, the books would not be limited to some pre-medievel costume drama but would encompass all universality, history, the future and science.

Language is something created by man, not an all-seeing, all encompassing entity. God would presumably be universal and timeless as well as all-knowing, as is the universe, therefore these man-written books and scriptures, are just that, man-written linguistically created nonsense used to control men and women thousands of years ago. Why would ‘God’ write anything anyway? One must consider the fact that, even now, there are religious zealots and ordinary people still entrenched in a control belief system that is so far removed from reality that it borders on madness.

There is no rational or scientific way that organised religions can have a modicum of truth or factual reality because of the very reason that these books are entombed in the time that they were written. These books should therefore simply be viewed as limited parables and historical fiction, as well as a lesson in how millions of people can be so easily controlled.”

The research paper also came to the conclusion that reward/punishment religions, as control systems, were losing their grip on most of the population of the world and only a few die-hard fanatics and delusional maniacs were carrying on with the flame of idiocy.

“The game is up for all religions, how long can this sham carry on, with their ridiculous outdated ceremonies? The priests are deceivers, and they need to come up with some pretty radical solutions to their thousand year old magic trick. People aren’t as dumb or easily swayed as they used to be thousands of years ago, they actually have reasoning powers and can see through the utter nonsense of organised control systems like religion.”

The problem for the world’s political leaders, is that slowly, humans who were controlled for so many years by fictitious writings, may suddenly lose their controlled ‘faith’. This could be quite dangerous, because it would mean that these people would suddenly wake up and realize that they have been fooled for so long by being communally hypnotized.

“We must ensure that the people who have been fooled for so long by fictitious belief systems utilize to control humans do not get too angry when they realise that what they believe in is nonsense written by humans utilizing human created language. This could be dangerous for society, so we must either let them carry on believing their fiction or try to somehow support them when they realize the truth,” Dr Sanreso said.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

grin grin Arsenal get hope here, if you know what I mean cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Boyooosa(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

It is normal when the church you attend is Kay Roo Boo where they do service of 11 hrs (9am - 8pm), all through prayers as if spiritual war is 3rd world war and the WORD is not actually given much attention. Another one is where they bore you with 'Owo igba', 'owo awo', 'owo ikoko baba isasun' and the likes. when they will not use good time to teach you how to recoup all the monies back and live a decent life in Christ.. They remix their outdated sermon every week to your hearing, how u no go tire. My brother, find good work, get married if you have not and enjoy the rest of your life (but try to locate a good place of worship where they share the gospel of 'Good Living in Christ' with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by fransixe(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

my dear... I think your getting it all wrong. ...I don't know your reasons for going to church....but the paramount reason is to go and serve and worship God..."one don't get bored worshiping Him"...just want to let you know this morning... it pays to be in His presence, try it without any distractions my friend...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by IMASTEX: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2016
You need to review why you started church in the first instance
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by legaxi(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2016
It's normal for those who are gradually seeing the light in the darkest of places, God is your strength and i pray he completely open your eyes and guide you to his true religion. Ameen

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Lionsclaw: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

2 things are involved......
1. Either you have never really had a personal relationship with Jesus (which is actually the icing on the cake) but have only been a follow follow. Trust me church can be boring if you dont know Jesus for yourself.

2. Or you are focusing on the "pseudo" excitement in the world more than Jesus and have lost the flavour of following Jesus and all the excitement of your relationship with Him.

So search your heart and fix whatever you think has gone wrong.

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by sorextee(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2016
Among the days of the week, its Sundays I hate the most

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? / Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.