Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills (1218 Views)

Funke Adesiyan Slams Lady Who Criticized Her Over Her Cleavage-Baring Outfit / Funke Adesiyan's Cleavage-Baring Outfit To Saraki’s Daughter's Wedding / Funke Adesiyan Flaunts Cleavage, Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills by niffymizzy(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2016
Popular Yoruba actress, Funke Adesiyan who is known for her luxurious lifestyle and contested in the last general elections at the Oyo State House of Assembly, in this new interview with Punch Spice, says acting doesn’t pay her bills but other things does.

Background

I’m from Ibadan, Oyo State but I grew up in Lagos. My family is a nuclear one even though I was surrounded by cousins, nephews and other relatives. I had a fun childhood and I was more of a tomboy. I played a lot of football and I am still in love with the game.

Acting

I started acting professionally in 2003. My first experience as an actor was a TV series by Wale Adenuga Productions. The first film I acted in was produced by me in 2006. It was my first, not because I didn’t get offers to partake in films produced by other people, but because I had the resources to produce my own film. Since the storyline was a beautiful one, I didn’t want to give it out to someone else. So far, I have produced three movies. The last one was in 2010. I then took a break to focus on my business.

Nollywood

I have also taken part in some English TV series. I did some with Segun Arinze and Paul Obazele. I’m limited to one part of the industry. Oftentimes, I’m not available and that’s why I haven’t starred in more English movies. It is not because I have been tagged a ‘Yoruba actress.’ In fact, a lot of people think Yoruba actresses don’t speak good English.

Politics

I love what I experienced and I’m still in politics. I decided to go to my hometown in Kudeti, Ibadan to impact lives. I contested for a seat in the Oyo State House of Assembly. Even though I didn’t win the election, I feel delighted that I won the love of the people.

Current project

Acting does not pay my bills and I try to be as real as possible. I’m working on my business which involves importing and selling of bathroom accessories. I do souvenirs and I am into animal husbandry. Very soon, I will add cash crops.

Marriage

I’m in a relationship and I’m happy in it. A lot of people are married and are not happy while some are single and are happy. People shouldn’t attach so much importance to marriage. Life is too short not to be happy. You don’t have to be married because the society expects you to.
Punch

Re: Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2016
Good for her..
NEXXTT
Re: Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills by Deepfreezer(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bathroom accessories is a good one. Once you know a lot of hotel managers.
Re: Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills by goldbim(f): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Acting does not pay your bill but that's what makes you popular..ofcourse,you'll prefer to be addressed as an actress than a trader....
Re: Acting Doesn’t Pay My Bills – Funke Adesiyan Reveals What Pays Her Bills by Jimi23(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Banging wrinkled, grey haired joysticks upandan does. Hehehehe. Yeye dey smell.

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Elliott Looking Frosh In New Photos / BREAKING!: Fire Outbreak At Queen Amina Hall / Why Did 2face/2baba Shave His Head?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.