Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Corolla 2005 Clock (time) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 2005 Clock (time) (1463 Views)

Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share / Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 / Dilemma Issue Please Assit My People Camry/ Corolla 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by interoute: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
The clock (Time) on a corolla 2005 has not been functional since it was bought as tokunbo. Please what is the likely cause? Thanks for your responses in advance
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by mayor2013: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
interoute:
The clock (Time) on a corolla 2005 has not been functional since it was bought as tokunbo. Please what is the likely cause? Thanks for your responses in advance

Check fuse. If fuse is fine then check electrical connection
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by Abbeyme: 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
interoute:

if its not the fuse,

then,

remove the front cover, remove the time piece panel, open it up heat up the transistor in it with a soldering iron.
couple them all back.

Thank me later

You can also watch the DIY video on Youtube
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by interoute: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2016
Abbeyme:

if its not the fuse,

then,

remove the front cover, remove the time piece panel, open it up heat up the transistor in it with a soldering iron.
couple them all back.

Thanks me later

You can also watch the DIY video on Youtube

Thanks a lot. I just heated the 5 transistors, connected it again and it's working now

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by Abbeyme: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
interoute:

Thanks a lot. I just heated the 5 transistors, connected it again and it's working now

Nice that you've got the 'liver' to attempt the procedure and succeed at it....

Mine had same issue. DIYs are generally simple, cost effective and educative.
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by Syvyd199: 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by donbuchi1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
Please how do you heat up the transistor
Re: Corolla 2005 Clock (time) by interoute: 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
donbuchi1:
Please how do you heat up the transistor
This video is about How to fix the clock on your 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla. What happens is that the solder goes bad on both sides of all five resistors on clock's computer board. This video describes how to easily take apart different dash panels, open up the clock housing, and reheat and/or resolder the solder points on the resistors to allow the clock to function again.
FYI: If the reheating of the solder joints do not work, you MUST apply new solder to the ends of all 5 resistors as shown in this video.
Please be careful when using a soldering iron to do this fix.
How to fix the clock on your 2003-2008 Toyota Cor…:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGE4AeTQCE&itct

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Car's Brake Is Hissing Like A Snake / Can You Refer A Good Mechanic Is Lagos To Inspect A Car? / Few Month Used Toyota Camry 2008 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.