Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (16536 Views)

Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 / Us Dv Lottery Questions / Us Dv Lottery 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nezan(m): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
People wey go go increase dem tax revenue.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
What many people do not know is that it is the mentality you take to yankee that will follow you determines what you will become. The first belief is that once you get there you will picking silver and gold from the streets which is sad. The first year is hell but pray that you have someone to quickly guide and advice you on how to proceed. If it is wish to further your education, which is advisable, then everything you need to make this a reality is at your disposal. Whatever degree you bring here should be put at the back burner because it does not count here. You have to get their own degree. If you already have a degree then a four year course may be shortened to two because the classes you have already taken, which will be  ;Dtaken into consideration. Bottom line is your mentality determines your success; if na groove you go groove die, if na book you go read tire, if na cable you come watch then there's 24 electricity, you go watch die. And galactico, go to the embassy, they will tell you if you won or not.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by MUNEER2(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2009
Blue Magic:

. I don't why & how people can be so ignorant at this time and age, with internet and all that. Well eina i am 1 of the lucky winners and i will be off to God's own country soon. So eina here's wishing u all the best in Hell on earth Naija!
Congratulations jare my brother. Atleast, you don commot be that wink wink wink
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by olakintanj(m): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
Good day, please how do we know the names of the qualified candidate for this Amenricvisa lottery?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by LaNiger(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
bidemi12:

What many people do not know is that it is the mentality you take to yankee that will follow you determines what you will become. The first belief is that once you get there you will picking silver and gold from the streets which is sad. The first year is hell but pray that you have someone to quickly guide and advice you on how to proceed. If it is wish to further your education, which is advisable, then everything you need to make this a reality is at your disposal. Whatever degree you bring here should be put at the back burner because it does not count here. You have to get their own degree. If you already have a degree then a four year course may be shortened to two because the classes you have already taken, which will be  ;Dtaken into consideration. Bottom line is your mentality determines your success; if na groove you go groove die, if na book you go read tire, if na cable you come watch then there's 24 electricity, you go watch die. And galactico, go to the embassy, they will tell you if you won or not.

I would like to second @bidemi's quote.  Winning the lottery is a life changing experience, please ignore the comments made others here.  If you win, life is not easy here either, but bidemi said "Your success is determined by your attitude, Americans do not like people who lack confidence."  If you have a degree, as soon as you get your green card pursue a graduate degree.  Come with all your transcripts from your university.

Most importantly, look for friends who will encourage you and push you to excel.  Stay away far from unscrupulous friends.  If you can survive in Nigeria, you can definately survive in the USA.  Good luck to all the winners.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by sayso: 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
my guy a friend with Chemical Engineering degree traveled 7years ago after youth service,some of us have settled down with our own building(s) and children and she is still struggling to come home,be careful there are stuffs in this country better that US.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Ben13: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
Naija go soon finish grin when is the next census?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by kingchild(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
can someone help with the link to submit your application?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by gamechange(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
@sayso,

You are not the norm, how many people with chemical engineering degree can boast of such after 7 years. The truth is that vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty and graduates aplenty who are dissatisfied with their status.

The fundamental difference between Nija and the US is that you are more likely to make a success of your life in the US than in Nigeria, both given to the same application of hardwork. The typical you have to know someone or you need connection bullshit that exist in Nija is not paramount here.

If you are one of the few lucky Nigerians who can afford a security guard, generator, domestic, a car and have change in your pocket, then the US may not necessarily be for you.  

As other posters have rightly said, your attitude will determine your success here, if you want to be a bum, then you might as well not bother. The critical and most difficult year/s are the initial 1 or 2, where you are settling and finding your feet, and also of fundamental importance (often of underated significance) is the person  who initially puts you up, their (good) influence or lack of it will either expedite or derail the speed at which you settle.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by deco2come: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
How do one know if he/she won. I once applied for the stuff and after some years a letter was sent to me. I could still remember the content of the letter. It said that the phase one has gone and I should meet/check online for the next procedure/guide. As I was going home, I lost the letter. The way I lost it is still a mystery. It was around 2002. Since then, I have not applied for another one.

Is it true that unmarried people can win. A friend of my told me that unmarried people can still win the lottery but those I have seen/heard that won the lottery are all married couple. Someone please enlighten me.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by wasobia(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ gamechange.

Good stuff, i luv ur comment. God bless you.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
@deco2come Married or unmarried does not matter. If you fit the bill they will accept you.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by koolchicco: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ben-10:

Naija go soon finish grin when is the next census?

Ben u no go kill me oo![b][/b]
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Princek12(m): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
For all these haters talking about brain drain, isn't brain drain better than brain waste? At least a country that knows the value of their brains is snatching it from another country who does not even recognize the value of the brain it has, not to mention utilizing their brain.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
@princek12   You must leave whatever job you doing and take up comedy. As i am typing i am laughing so hard i can hardly see the screen. grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by mikeoscar: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Okeey.
6006 have won on paper but after the grilling process they will have to go through at the U.S. Embassy many of them may not eventually qualify. Plus you have to have somebody out here in the U.S. to help you land, at the end of the series of interview that will follow the euphoria of winning, the nuber of actual winners may drop by half embarassed
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Vavavoom(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
^^^^Bidemi12

Thanks for helping chaps here keep a perspective before leaving.
Anyone without a focus won't survive even in a place of perceived bread and butter.
Hard work and persistence will help the focused. NOthing good comes easy folks.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by lawrence83: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
Exodus of nigerians, [/b]by 2011, we go don de reach [b]chronicles of nigerians
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by mrofficial(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2009
A better way to re-brand Nigeria.

Ship everyone out of this country.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Ajike: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
abeg, is this year own close?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by candylips(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
@topic

wow so people still dey play this lottery grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by chosen04(f): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
Princek12:

For all these haters talking about brain drain, isn't brain drain better than brain waste? At least a country that knows the value of their brains is snatching it from another country who does not even recognize the value of the brain it has, not to mention utilizing their brain.

U funny no be small!!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Princek12(m): 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
bidemi12:

@princek12   You must leave whatever job you doing and take up comedy. As i am typing i am laughing so hard i can hardly see the screen. grin
lmao Bidemi. I will start trying out in comedy clubs. Abi wetin man go do.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by browncocos(f): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
^^^
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by beknown(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2009
All,

browncocos has hit the nail on the head. That advice is free and valuable.

The American tax system can take plenty money from you but it will not take away your university degree.

Getting education on arrival in yankee is one nice advice. Its not all about petty jobs to make quick money. If you want to be among the 'A' list, you have to put in some sacrifice on arrival, get education.

When you eventually relocate back to Nigeria with your qualification from yankee, you will be worth more than silver and gold. Above all, you will not wait for the Nigeria government to employ you before you begin to employ yourself and other people.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by blackspade(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
Congrats!! grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
You dont have to spend 5 years to get your citizenship you know. You can get it under a year with some level of risks. grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Akpangbon: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
another 6006 ready to start their own slavery.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Myluv1: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
, and once again, the US govt. defrauds Nigeria about Six thousand highly qualified & skilled personnel plus six average skilled. That's why we'll keep on answering 'developing' nation;where the developing personnel are being 'packed' & lotteried to the US.
 Will never beg or apply for any card,(green or of any other color); I'll rather go,run ma biz and jet back to where I really belong(NIGERIA),no marra what.
 Goodbye, nxt generation US citizens sad lipsrsealed
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by dfanthom(m): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
NA ME BE NEXT!

CAN'T WAIT. . . . . .

Yankee here I come, the next best thing after Obama!

meanwhile NairaLanders, wher's the best place to apply from? Cybercafe or from one's personal system?
grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Myluv and i'm sure you'll be first in line if given the opportunity. Be a lover, don't be a hater grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by ubiaa5(f): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
cangrats to the winners, but just know dat it is hot out here for a love-vendor(if u get my drift)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Likely Questions On US Student Visa Interview / First Aid Group Members Die In Accident On Their Way To Kaduna From Kano (Pics / 5 Reasons You Will Love Touring Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.