Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (16537 Views)

Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 / Us Dv Lottery Questions / Us Dv Lottery 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by tushbobo(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2009
I see people who are still crazy about this lottery stuff as those who havent really discovered themselves.I had a couple of friends who won it back then and it was like they were going to heaven but anytime i travel and go to visit them,there s nothing to cheer about.I prefer travelling to us for vacation not going to live as a second class citizen in another man's land.to hell with modern slavery.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Obinoscopy(m): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2009
This is to inform you that DV Lottery for 2011 has commenced.
It started October 2 and will end November.
I am hereby offering to help you apply free of charge.
Please note that this is not fraud.
The official site for the application is www.dvlottery.state.gov
It is free of charge if you choose to do it on your own but the problem is that people keep on doing the wrong things when applying on their own especially when it comes to uploading the right picture. That is why am offering to help. You can also indicate interest by sending a mail of interest to my box: scopyunn@yahoo.com
All you need to do is to indicate interest and I will request for the necessary information.
Indicate interest by replying this mail.
Bye and goodluck.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by emmydee(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
just go to d site. www.dvlottery.state.gov
check ur status with ur confirmation number.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by cicero(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
If you find your way to the US and you want to live there, please DO IT!
Just take the advice given here on how to survive over there and settle it in your mind that you will have to make some fundamental attitudinal changes, then you will be fine.
The benefits are too numerous and far outweighs the disadvantages (and I seriously think many people find America hard because they want to live like Nigerians in that society, the American system will never accept nor reward anyone for most of the 'nonsense' prevalent in our Nigeria)

Besides if you want to maintain an honest, transparent lifestyle, you will better live it in America than Nigeria
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Cicero  Another wonderful post. you are right, many Nigerians when a they get here they want to live the same lawless way but the culture shock is sometimes too hard to bear. For all those screaming with envy, my response is ''ignorance is bliss''. If you have never been to a region of the world where everything works then how can you make rational and informed comparisons? It is not all silver and gold, but it there for the taking. All you need to do is walk the walk and talk the talk. Here no be for lazy/planless/lawless man. grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by DemmyDaat(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Martinosi

Abeg,dont forget to always watch your back as you send your hard earned money back home,because,things dey happen o.I mean,you shouldnt be too greedy to make necessary calls to know the level of whatever you put your money into,on a regular basis.

I think that's one the problems that we have in Nigeria,we do delegate power without bothering to know the state of the project any longer.

May God help us.

Cheers!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by OvieE: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Cicero and bidemi12. I applaud you two. Some people want to shy a way from the truth and still want to live lawless they lived Nigeria and trying to pass it on. For those critic who say that is another form of slavery, they need to travel and see which country practice slavery in this world. Nigeria is country I will point my finger on that continue to slaved it people. A rich man in Nigeria will hire a well educated person to open his/her gate, watch clothes, clean the house/compound, cook, watch and clean the cars, look after the children, take them to school and many more. But come to US whether you will see such a thing. For those useless criticizers, just because your fucckin criminal father able to loot the Treasuries to help you live well does not mean others are not looking for success. Criticizers love seeing their fellow Nigerian at home continue suffer instead advicing them to take the golden opportunity. I have live in the US for years, I have never witness races while few rich Nigerians are races to their fellow Nigerians in their own country.  For those who won, congrats and I welcome you in advice. Come and live the kind of live the richest man in Nigeria cannot live; listen to your heart and know the kind of friends you make.

Criticizers, go to hell.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by shellicon(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
I want to apply, can anybody tell me the web site on where to apply?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by zenus(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2009
shellicon:

I want to apply, can anybody tell me the web site on where to apply?

www.dvlottery.state.gov
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by DemmyDaat(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
@bidemi12
I am not really convinced that,there is a country that everything works well.Every nation has her own shortcomings,believe it or not.

I think everything depends on self-determination & ideology,afterall ,some of Nigerian Stand-up comedians were nobody before,but due to their self-determination they had made it,even to the extent that most Nigerians based abroad for a donkey year cannot stand them.Also,take a look at many Nigerian musicians based abroad that went back to Nigeria,arent they doing well?

May God help us.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Demmydaat  Let me tell you a story. When i was much much younger i used to be an extremely gifted footballer. All i wanted to do was play soccer. I was among the first set of boys at osjack one of the foremost youth teams in the country. I took some serious flogging from my dad because of my ambition, but i didn't care. The joy of tapping and trapping that ball was enough compensation. Then as i grew up i began to notice that there was no motivation or encouragement. The small pitch we were managing in mushin was converted to a shopping mall. Boys that were using the pitch to forget hunger and fustration were stranded. Worse was when we went for nipoga. Ordinarily, the school was supposed to give us extra marks as compensation for representing and bringing honour to the school. We won gold for the football tournament only for our joy be shot down with the news that we would resit all our papers. That day i threw away the ambition of being a footballer permanently. Here, It is not you that will be begging to do something, they will beg you to do it. Do you think yobo is the best in that position? He is just lucky. There are 1001 people in Nigeria to play that position but no motivation or exposure to do it. What many people do not understand is America is not all about dollars but a means to achieve whatever ambition you have for yourself. Always i see where clinics are organised for kids who want to engage in one sporting activity or the other. It makes me reminisce on how it would have been like to have grown up here. Obviously my dream of being a footballer woul have been realised. Yes every country has problems but there must be a balance. Where the bad outbalances the good is where there is a problem.

1 Like

Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by alanbolo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
Just as Bidemi12 and others have posted, Life in US is far much more better if you are ready to work for it,   With the minimum wage, U can survive once u know what u're doing and how to manage your resources,  Though we do have opulent lifestyles over here but those who have little income found ways to survive even with their minimum.   I have seen my fellows 9ja doing house maid, working as apprentices, restaurant help cause they do not have the legal permit to work.  This Visa lottery is an opportunity to refine and showcase our skill just as princek12 said earlier.  

I'm a product of DV-Lottery and it have afforded me the opportunity to improve and acquire skills beyond what I could have obtained back home.  It also afford me the opportunity to contribute to the economy in terms of trades.   Since no one was forced to stay in USA without freedom of movement, I think it is wrong to define DV lottery as a form of Brain-drain or Slavery.  Let us look at it as an oppurtunity to swim with the big fish in a big sea. (Nemo) wink
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by timpaker(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2009
who are you guys leaving this country for? accorging to my grandfather's forecast 'by the year 2013 there will be nobody left in Nigeria if, '
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by alanbolo(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
timpaker:

who are you guys leaving this country for? accorging to my grandfather's forecast 'by the year 2013 there will be nobody left in Nigeria if, '

Life is a journey where U learn along the way. At this stage of Life, we are in mid-life-training school in USA and we'll come back home when we finish schooling.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by xviconcept: 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
pls can anyone tell me wath the site is pls
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by BAC: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2009
America is very generous. God save America. That country continues to bless people,  But I still hate the way immigration treats people at JFK though, and I hate their junk food. But I like Obama. I hate states like califonia. I love the size of their houses and I hate what they show on TV.

finally, those of us that live in Britain love their taxes and hate their Health services. And they swear too much, it make me sick. And the owe too much they live on debt

So for those that have won. Good luck. Go to America be don't copy their life style

And one more, that country is the poorest in the world. I have never seen people as poor as in America. By that I mean self inflicted poverty, serious one ooo
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by gamechange(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2009
Lets not deceive ourselves, for those calling this slavery, I guess the many families that rely on the handouts from here are glorifying God everyday for the opportunity. The problem with Nigeria is that you are not treated on equal footing, you are not appreciated, you are frowned upon and your ideas die, the fuel of innovation is encouragement, how i wish all nigerians just have a little whiff of the opportunity here, where you can fulfil your God given potential.

Here is to encourage those who have won and will soon escape the stifling but wonderfully entertaining Nigeria.

I arrived in the US about four years ago and remarkably noticed that this country in many respects was a level playing field, there could be no more capitalist society than the US.

I am naturally a confident person and chased my dream like i had been here all my life. While doing my 9-5 IT job, I soon started a business supplying the Airline industry, I have since grown that business from $2000 debt on a credit card to a $240,000 yearly revenue stream and I just signed another deal which will enable my product to be available in all US airports, starting from 4 and growing. It is unbelievable how easy it has been to achieve this. Dont get me wrong, I had dabbled in other ventures such as marketing health and life insurance which were comfortable but involved a lot of travel. Basically I kept hussling until I found what works for me. I now work from home, whenever, however, chasing suppliers and making sure things are functioning as they should.

I have also just formed another company hashing and developing ideas for television. My first concept/product is currently been reveiwed by executives at CBS, Walt disney and Wolper Organization. Once I get the green light, I have an entertainment attorney who I am working with who will do all the dollar negotiation.

The key here is that I came here as a nobody and do not know anybody, but I am able to chase my dream and I am making a success at it, where I to still be in Nigeria, I doubt I would have gained any inroad, not except i marry a chairmans daughter or slaving for a politician, besides , my mindset would have been completely different, because opportunities would just not be there and ideas and concepts are never nurtured.

Sorry its long, but I hope I have inspired someone. Dreams are achievable, moreso in America----LAND OF THE FREE.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by suxes2005(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2009
Lets not deceive ourselves, for those calling this slavery, I guess the many families that rely on the handouts from here are glorifying God everyday for the opportunity. The problem with Nigeria is that you are not treated on equal footing, you are not appreciated, you are frowned upon and your ideas die, the fuel of innovation is encouragement, how i wish all nigerians just have a little whiff of the opportunity here, where you can fulfil your God given potential.

Here is to encourage those who have won and will soon escape the stifling but wonderfully entertaining Nigeria.

I arrived in the US about four years ago and remarkably noticed that this country in many respects was a level playing field, their could be no more capitalist society than the US.

I am naturally a confident person and chased my dream like i had been here all my life. While doing my 9-5 IT job, I soon started a business supplying the Airline industry, I have since grown that business from $2000 debt on a credit card to a $240,000 yearly revenue stream and I just signed another deal which will enable my product to be available in all US airports, starting from 4 and growing. It is unbelievable how easy it has been to achieve this. Dont get me wrong, I had dabbled in other ventures such as marketing health and life insurance which were comfortable but involved a lot of travel. Basically I kept hussling until I found what works for me. I now work from home, whenever, however, chasing suppliers and making sure things are functioning as they should.

I have also just formed another company hashing and developing ideas for television. My first concept/product is currently been reveiwed by executives at CBS, Walt disney and Wolper Organization. Once I get the green light, I have an entertainment attorney who I am working with who will do all the dollar negotiation.

The key here is that I came here as a nobody and do not know anybody, but I am able to chase my dream and I am making a success at it, where I to still be in Nigeria, I doubt I would have gained any inroad, not except i marry a chairmans daughter or slaving for a politician, besides , my mindset would have been completely different, because opportunities would just not be there and ideas and concepts are never nurtured.

Sorry its long, but I hope I have inspired someone. Dreams are achiveable, moreso in America----LAND OF THE FREE.

Whao you have just inspired me.

SHALOM
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by suxes2005(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ gamechange I`ll like to talk to you cause i`m coming to U.S.A by December (to study). Kinda hook me up on suxesboy@yahoo.com as dere r some things we need to discuss.

SHALOM
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by adelac(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
Dear Friend!
You make a clear cut of ur dreams. But mind u there are lots of wasteful talent out there but getting accross
the Atlantic Ocean is Problematic. Not that they av no dreams but in a county of ours were the perpetriators
go unpunished with there evil dids! Tends to be a problem for one survival. Lots of Nigeria seeking greener pastures in dispora died while trying some in prison because of the harsh economic policy majorly for the second citizens. I pray for God deliverance of Nigeria leaders so that the county will be a better place to Live.

Ade_lac,
Unilag.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by ubiaa5(f): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
u guys r right America is d land of opportunity,if u r ready 2 work hard of course,some pple get here n instead of getting an education to get a heads up they fall into petty which keeps them in same position 4 yrs n yrs at the end of d day they refuse to go back home of d embarrasment of going back wit nothing.Bottom line if u won congrats but have it in mind dat its only hard work that will make ur dreams come true.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by rozu4luv(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
all d same we go make big time here in naija me no dey ja go any were how una see am wink
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by dreamplus(f): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Bidemi12, ppl followed up and were hoping you would return there!!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Dreamplus can you please give me the link?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by dreamplus(f): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
@bidemi12, here's the link http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296459&page=4, we're looking forward to having u on the thread!!! Cheers!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 10, 2009
bidemi12:

@Cicero  Another wonderful post. you are right, many Nigerians when a they get here they want to live the same lawless way but the culture shock is sometimes too hard to bear. For all those screaming with envy, my response is ''ignorance is bliss''. If you have never been to a region of the world where everything works then how can you make rational and informed comparisons? It is not all silver and gold, but it there for the taking. All you need to do is walk the walk and talk the talk. Here no be for lazy/planless/lawless man. grin

araoko wo ilu.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 10, 2009
bidemi12:

You dont have to spend 5 years to get your citizenship you know. You can get it under a year with some level of risks. grin

see am.

when they post breaking news of Nigerian scammers overseas, we'll all be here.

And its this type who goes around picking fights with other people over Nigerian leaders who they say are corrupt.

Are they more corrupt than you?
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 10, 2009
bidemi12:

@princek12   You must leave whatever job you doing and take up comedy. As i am typing i am laughing so hard i can hardly see the screen. grin

what a fool
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2009
bidemi12:

@Alanbolo  You've lost me. I thought you were talking of your life as a soldier. That's why i said 6 years and counting. You've really lost me.

you seem lost most of the time.

Do you need help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Likely Questions On US Student Visa Interview / First Aid Group Members Die In Accident On Their Way To Kaduna From Kano (Pics / 5 Reasons You Will Love Touring Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.