Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members (530 Views)

Why We Ferried Ezekwesili, BBOG Members To Our Station – Police / Oby Ezekwesili At Police Station, Arrested Along With Other BBOG Members (Photos / Oby Ezekwesili: "Police Detained Me & Arrested BBOG Members On Orders Of Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by sinistermind(m): 5:29am On Sep 12, 2016
THE Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has called on the United Nations to compel the Federal Government to desist from further intimidation of the #BringBackOurGirls, BBOG, group, saying it violates the rights of members to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly.

In a statement by its Senior Staff Counsel, Mr Timothy Adewale, SERAP called on UN’s Special Rapporteur, Mr Maina Kiai to wade into the harassment of the BBOG group by the government.

The statement read: “No Nigerian law makes it a crime to demonstrate in any part of the country. Harassing the BBOG group and stopping its members from proceeding peacefully to the seat of government is overkill.

“It is the primary duty of the President Muhammadu Buhari government to protect all demonstrators, including the BBOG group and enable lawful demonstrations to proceed peacefully.

“SERAP considers restrictions placed on the BBOG group to peaceful assemble by law enforcement agencies as unjustified in law, and in bad faith. “SERAP is seriously concerned about the continuing disproportionate restriction on the right of members of the BBOG group to protest. All Nigerians including members of the BBOG group have the rights to freedom of expression and to protest.” There is absolutely no reason to view these members as anything other than committed peaceful demonstrators.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/serap-asks-un-stop-fg-harassing-bbog-members/
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by agwom(m): 5:31am On Sep 12, 2016
hmmm
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by kenny987(f): 5:45am On Sep 12, 2016
When a country and its agencies are headed by religious bigots as well as illiterate bullies, civil rights are stomped on without absolute disregard for any sense of decency n law.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
They can all fo to hell, Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria after Luggard.

------The Noblezone in APC Mode.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Deepfreezer(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Sai Buhari. Una never see anything.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by drss2(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2016
those who brought d beast to power will end up in d belle of d beast. - prophet fayose.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by drss2(m): 8:57am On Sep 12, 2016
Deepfreezer:
Sai Buhari. Una never see anything.
have u notice d unusual silence self style human rights activist in d face of violence, human rights violations, rising brutality by security oppressors n impunity by dis govt nigeria has entered egypt. d situation will keep geting worse.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Deepfreezer(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2016
drss2:
have u notice d unusual silence self style human rights activist in d face of violence, human rights violations, rising brutality by security oppressors n impunity by dis govt nigeria has entered egypt. d situation will keep geting worse.
i knew Buhari is a mean man, But I never expected him to be so mean, brutal and heartless. All at the same time bro.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Deepfreezer:
i knew Buhari is a mean man, But I never expected him to be so mean, brutal and heartless. All at the same time bro.

He is Fulani
He is a Hard-line Moslem
He is an Illiterate
He is a soldier
He is narrow minded

Trust me, the worst is yet to come.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Deepfreezer(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
noblezone:

He is Fulani
He is a Hard-line Moslem
He is an Illiterate
He is a soldier
He is narrow minded

true that.
Re: Serap Asks UN To Stop Fg From Harassing #bbog Members by Deepfreezer(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
noblezone:

He is Fulani
He is a Hard-line Moslem
He is an Illiterate
He is a soldier
He is narrow minded

true that..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Never Experience Change If …… Mbaka Tells Buhari / FCT Minister Orders Banned On Grazing, Begging And Street Hawking / Independence Day: Nigerian Army Releases 348 ‘cleared’ Boko Haram Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.