Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent (35230 Views)

Presidential Aides Pray For Yusuf Buhari / Buhari, Others Have 101 Presidential Aides; Buhari 24, Osinbajo 52 (Full List) / 'Change Begins With Me’ Campaign Gulps N3.4bn - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2016
The simmering feud between President Muhammadu Buhari and a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is already causing disaffection amongst aides of the president, Independent has learnt.

According to sources, some presidential aides who are loyal to Tinubu, who played crucial roles in the formation of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Buhari’s ascendancy to power, are not happy with the treatment being meted to the former Lagos State governor by power brokers in Aso Villa.

Some of these aides, who were appointed directly to work with either the president or the vice president’s office, it was learnt, are angry with the disparaging remarks being made by the president’s loyalists against Tinubu.

Independent also learnt that even Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who is one of Tinubu’s trusted associates, is always kept in the dark “until the last minute about some key decisions in the presidency”.

Though principal officers of the ruling party have denied the existence of a feud between Tinubu and the president, those with keen knowledge of developments in the party said both men have decided to keep each other at arm’s length as the feud continues.

Tinubu was absent fortnight ago when President Buhari visited Osun State on a one-day working visit as part of the 25th anniversary of the creation of the state.

He was also absent at the Edo State APC gubernatorial grand finale campaign rally in Benin City, Edo State, where President Buhari campaigned for the party’s governorship candidate, Godwin Obaseki.

According to a principal officer in the South West, who spoke with Independent, there is an ongoing attempt by those who have the ears of the president “to continue to widen the gulf between the president and Tinubu. The reason for this is what is unclear to us”.

Speaking further, he said efforts to reduce Tinubu’s influence in the party began shortly after the death of Abubakar Audu, former governorship candidate of the party in Kogi State.

While many people in the party believed that the ticket be handed over to his running mate, James Faleke, who is believed to be Tinubu’s protégé, the party leadership decided to give it to Yahaya Bello, the aspirant who came second in the party’s primary.

He also added that contrary to the norm whereby those seeking elective offices in the South West run to Tinubu for blessing, many of them now choose to seek the blessing of key officials in the presidency.

This, he said, played out in the recent governorship primary of the party in Ondo State.

The highly-charged contest was won by Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) defeating Tinubu’s anointed candidate, Dr. Segun Abraham.

It was also learnt that some of the presidential aides, who never wanted Tinubu’s candidate to win, celebrated Akeredolu’s victory openly, a development that didn’t go down well with Tinubu’s loyalists.

“There is an ongoing attempt to reduce the influence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in the party. It is like those close to the president are telling him he doesn’t need the support of Tinubu or any other leader in the South West to govern the country. It is not only Tinubu, even Papa (Bisi) Akande is not happy with ongoing developments in the party”.

“I can authoritatively tell you that this has polarised the aides of the president, especially those loyal to President Buhari and those on the side of Tinubu.

“They no longer trust themselves and there is no way they can achieve common goal if they continue along that line.

“Look at the recent election in Ondo, many of us in the party believe that there is no way Akeredolu could have won without the support of the president’s men”, he said.

Another party source, who confirmed that the relationship between South West leaders and the president is not cordial, said the crisis may have started during the early stage of the administration when Alhaji Lai Mohammed (then national publicity secretary of the APC) said President Buhari is not the national leader of the party.

When asked who the national leader of the party is, Mohammed, who is now the Minister of Information had stated that President Buhari is a product of the party and not the party’s leader.

“This statement from Mohammed, who is seen to owe his loyalty to Tinubu, angered those loyal to President Buhari. Aside seeing it as an affront, they also believe it is a calculated attempt to belittle the president.

“Though Alhaji (Lai Mohammed) never said out rightly that Tinubu is the national leader of the party, many believe that his statement is a veiled one to the fact that Buhari is not the party’s leader”.

“To counter this claim, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Garba Shehu, spoke on the same programme a few days later where he explicitly stated that President Buhari is the national leader of the APC”, he said.

“As it stands, Tinubu has no official position in the APC. Many thought he will be elected as the party’s Board of Trustees’ chairman but that was not to be. As at now, his power is confined to the South West and that is also being threatened given what played out in Ondo State recently”, he said.

Efforts by Independent to speak with the media aides of the president proved abortive as they declined to make comments on the issue.

http://independentnig.com/presidential-aides-bicker-over-buhari-tinubu-feud/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by nnachukz(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2016
Haven't Tinubu gotten more than a fair share of the spoil. What again are they clamoring for? Should the country be sold to him?

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by TGreat7(m): 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
That serve Tinubu right for bringing Buhari.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by SuperS1Panther: 11:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Typical Ipod and devilish PDP Propaganda.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by LesbianBoy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
This news just made my day! Click LIKE if it also made your day cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

317 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by LesbianBoy(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Paperwhite(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Who would have ever believed that politics will bring these two rogues together considering the words they traded against each other in the past? Well,there is no denying the wide Gulf presently between PMB & BAT, then the CPC and ACN factions of the APC.A house built on deceit,falsehood, propaganda or violence can't stand the test of time.Zombies kept denying this obvious reality.

134 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
Am waiting for Tinubu's next move . He sure must have something up his sleeves. Tho somehow he seems to be maintaining a strategic and dignifying silence

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by DIVINE78: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Tinubu is much better politically than he was 2 year ago or had even been.
Flat headed ipod should take their hate propaganda seeking to cause disaffection somewhere else. Their leader is being raped in Kuje prison on a daily basis.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by richylee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
season film.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by herzern(m): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
PMB will be surprised by 2019 when he won't be able to qather 100,000 votes in Laqos.......let us see where Katsina/Kano/Kaduna vote will take him... grin

grin grin....

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by babyfaceafrica: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
Lolz...the media and asumptions....

1 Like

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Pangea: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Buhari will always turn on those who brought him to power

Welcome to the Northernisation of Nigeria.
Hope Yoruba leaders have learnt their lessons

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by admax(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
I refused to be dragged into a power tussle between APC members because;

1. I haven't met any of them before
2. I wasn't there when AC and CPC were infused.
3. I wasn't there when Tinubu and Buhari met prior to the election period.
4. I wasn't privy to contracts signed between both men.
5. I wasn't consulted when Osinbajo was nominated to be the VP.

Most importantly i don't care as both Tunubu and Buhari will be fine! ......Have you eaten?

All i have to say is that President Buhari should do whatever it takes (Or seek help where neccessary) to turn this economy around!

That's all

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Surely they shall gather!

8 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by 201320142015ob(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Don't just laugh, think about this! A US doctor says: "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 6 weeks." A British doctor says: "That is nothing; we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 4 weeks." A Canadian doctor says: "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in 2 weeks. "A Nigerian doctor, not to be outdone, says: "You guys are way behind. We just took a man with NO brain, made him President, and now the whole country is looking for work *****copied
()

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
grin grin

Them don dey fight already? Biko where my egedege music? I want to dance ileya dance ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

*bends in a doggie style with one leg raised while shaking a bum hard and vigorously*

E sweet me ooooo

21 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by berrystunn(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Scam meet scam

They hack APC....

They hijacke APC

Darkness fighting darkness
RIP
APC

31 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by chops33(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
All the comments on nairaland lately are hate driven.
We say white people are racist but the truth is we are more racist within ourselves than any other race in the word.
It's embarrassing.

12 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
201320142015ob:
Don't just laugh, think about this! A US doctor says: "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 6 weeks." A British doctor says: "That is nothing; we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 4 weeks." A Canadian doctor says: "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in 2 weeks. "A Nigerian doctor, not to be outdone, says: "You guys are way behind. We just took a man with NO brain, made him President, and now the whole country is looking for work *****copied
(Quote) (Report) 55 Likes (Like) 3 Shares (Share)
True true u copy... sotey u copy the last line. Oboy... U fit dub plus person name, registration number and seat number for exams ooo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by ELPablochapo: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
The self acclaimed leader of APC should know that over time, his political power will be reduced to zero.

Honesty I like this man. When will he be releasing a book about his struggles in life ,including when he was boy servant to ELchapo?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by truthspeaks: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
U go fear mortal kombat of two highly rated scammers. Make I kuku de observe as it's non of my biz.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by kaen1317: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
Afonja's never see anything yet...

15 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Omeokachie: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Like Oby like Tinubu...

You ride on the back of a tiger, it'll turn around to eat you.

The hausa/fulani have just shown Tinubu that he's got a whole lot to learn about politics.

19 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by cr7lomo: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
The so called jagaban of politics has also received his own share of broom weeping called buharism....he is not so jagaban after all

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Na e ring way dem take marry into lies so make dem enjoy am grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
chops33:
All the comments on nairaland lately are hate driven.
We say white people are racist but the truth is we are more racist within ourselves than any other race in the word.
It's embarrassing.

You are right, and this hurts!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by CSTR2: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
Afonja.
Just watching them trying to teach abokii politics is enough drama on its own. cheesy
Everybody stay clued to your TV sets.

12 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
cr7lomo:
The so called jagaban of politics has also received his own share of broom weeping called buharism....he is not so jagaban after all

Sure? Never out-shine the master!!!

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent by CSTR2: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
Btw, where is dino melaye.?
Your boy tinubu needs a bit of caning once again.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / 1500 Cows Killed In Air Strike In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.