Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Choices - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (235913 Views)

Choices / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
Chapter 5 continued

The day was barely gone but it saw guys already parking their stuff which meant that most of them were actually waiting for something like this. I decided against doing that and instead find my way to Madison's place. I didn't want to make it look like I was heading to a very important place so I put on my shorts and a shirt with ordinary sandals to go with it. Some boys were still out there arguing and hitting their chests, saying that they were the cause of this strike. Well, that couldn't be denied but I didn't think that anyone should be happy about the fact exams was postponed and of course, our move to the next level of learning in the school delayed.

I got to the gate of the hall and waited for a cab there and while I did, I got to know that the extradition order was for a two day period, after which we would be forcefully forced out of the hostel. I didn't want that and planned to leave by Tuesday evening as my school to Lagos was just about two to three hours, besides if I call my mum and say anything about this strike to my mum, she would demand that I find my home immediately. I couldn't as I had a lot of things yet undone here.

A cab stopped and I got in, I paid the man when he stopped me at my destination. I left the school and moved to the other side of the road, entering a cab heading for OJoo, instead of the buses which were unnecessarily rushed by people. I stopped at Madison's busstop and decided to walk the remaining distance to her house instead of humping on a bike as I thought through what this strange lady might actually want from me.

I thought of every possible reason she could be tailing me but nothing made any sense to me. I wasn't in her department to begin and also on a junior level than she is, so the talk on brilliance didn't hold water. She was rich, in fact, far richer than I am, so money couldn't be the issue. I could hold my own when it comes to being good looking but I wasn't the most handsome fellow and I am most certainly not the tallest or whatever. I hold no position in the school politics or even a position in the church I attended. I sighed and gave up trying to figure out anything as I stopped in front of her gate. I decided that I would be the questionnaire instead of her.

I got into the compound and greeted the guard who didn't even bother to ask where I was headed, I guess he still remembers me from the other day.

The compound was quiet just like the other day, but I knew the whole flats there was occupied. I climbed up the stairs that leads to her own end of the house and knocked when I got to her door. There was no answer when I did which made me do that again with a bit more force.

"Who wants to break my door this morning?" I heard her ask which made me chuckle. I didn't answer and I was sure she must have seen me through the hole in her door made available for that purpose. The lock in the door was shifted twice and then pulled open for me to walk in. She stood behind the door staring at me intensely, probably waiting to see if i would once again bring my sandals in along myself. I did after removing every sand in it which I think made her keep quiet about it. I got in and crashed into the closest couch.

She locked the door and walked to the kitchen and came back with two plates of meats and a packet of natural juice. I watched her move mine on a stool and set it in front of me. I ignored what she did and instead focused on her as I began to ask questions. She was putting on a loosed blouse and a bum shorts but I forced myself not to get carried with what was in front of me and carry out the plans I had in place.

"Why did you call to see me?" I began as she slotted one meat into her lips and moved her jaw rather too slowly, was the meat that soft?
She stared at me instead of answering my question and continued with her slow eating of the meat. She took another lump and another, before washing down with the juice.

"Eat and then we can talk." She ordered yet again.

"I am not hungry." I simply replied her. A scowl appeared on her face as soon as those words left my lips.

"That's very rude of you." She said.

"Yeah, it's also rude of you to go about ordering me around. I am not your kid. I am not hungry and that's the truth." I replied with a lot of venom in my voice.

She leaned back into her couch and twitched her lips before a grin appeared there, all this time, she had her eyes on me.

"Why weren't you in church yesterday, I hope it wasn't because of me?" she later asked after gazing into my eyes for a while.

"Is that why you asked me to be here?". I fired back.

"Well, yes. I wanted you to explain that to me and also, why you left my place in such a hurry the other day." She said, rising up a bit now.

"Well, I felt things went too fast between us the other night and I wasn't comfortable about it all. I knew you would be in church and I wasn't ready to see you so soon while still contemplating on my next moves."

"And have you made any decisions on that yet?" She asked with a new look on seriousness on her face. No one needed to tell me that my next words will be very important.

"To begin with, it's strange for you to have slept with me with no protection and when I raised alarm about it, you just laughed about it. For some reasons unknown to me, you feel like you have known me for a long time with the way and manner you behave around me. All I know for such is that I have never seen you before until that day in church, which is why I am careful and I am surprised you are not. The only reason could be that you have been tailing me but why is what I still don't know."

She didn't look too pleased after what I said and simply gazed at me with her soft brown eyes. I wonder why she keeps doing that.

"Maybe, I seem too care free and domineering but trust me when I say that's just who I am. Of course, I was surprised when you entered me without a latex and I wanted to cry foul but the sensations going through my body like a tremor as your thick rod stretched me apart cleared caution away from my head. I just wanted you to bang me silly but instead you were lost in your world, just stuck inside of me and the uncoordinated way you later went in and out of me in the shower showed that you either had little experience with women or I was your first."
Her last statement hit me like a rock on my face but I did well to hide my shock. I thought I did well, not knowing that she was well aware of my failings.

"I was glad when you made mention of the protection thingy first which meant that I was safe. I didn't tail you but I knew of your exploits in chemistry and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you in church that night. I was glad because I thought you would be the best person to explain what I failed to understand after so many tutorials. To tell you the truth, I was ready to carry that course to my third year because I just couldn't understand the whole thing. I felt you were God's answer to my prayers and yes you were.

The sex just happened and maybe I was a little carried away from what I felt while on your thighs that day, but then I can't blame myself too much. You are a nice person to have around and besides we worship at the same place which is why I shouldn't be scared of your presence."
She ended her speech with a smile, a beautiful one.

".... You still haven't explained why you stay alone in this edifice." I said, pointing to the ceiling and furniture.

She laughed really hard after what I said which really surprised me.

"Is that why you think me strange, because a rich girl like me could, you know, have sex with you? Common, i told you the other day that people like us have emotional needs that demands attention. You did quite well the other day, with your charming conservation. That's by the way, this apartment was used by my uncle before he traveled out of the country and since his rent was still a good six months up, he asked me to move in here. My Dad is an engineer just like you are aspiring to be and works in the downstream sector of one of this Oil giant firms. His work prevents us from seeing much which was why when my mum died while I was just four, he sent me out to stay with one of his relatives abroad. I did my grade and high school there but I decided to return here because I wanted to be closer to my Dad again.

He has stopped with the travels now and he is more at home than before. I am the first of two daughters, my junior sister is still in the states. I guess that's about it, so I ask once again, tell me about you." She finished with a smile.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
Chapter 6
I LOST IT COMPLETELY

She has answered my questions quite alright but she has managed to twist the whole thing to make it seem like our meeting was more coincidental than planned. I didn't buy into all that prayer being answered crap, she planned everything and I must get to know the reason why. Her strange behavior and overly openness must have been due to her stay abroad, but still she must have done her homework on me before inviting me over to her house. She is too smart to just give it to chance.

"You are strangely quiet, what is wrong?"
She asked with a worried look on her face.

"What do you hope to get from me? I ask that because I know too well that our meeting was far from coincidental as you try to twist it." I said, putting on an expressionless look.
With a confused look, she asked,

"What do you mean by I try to twist it. I already told you what happened. Please, don't give me that look. If I was really interested in you other than what I already said, don't you think I would have followed you up from last semester after your wonderful exploits in chemistry, why do you think I would wait till the tail end of second semester to get this close to you. I don't get it, why do you think I have any ulterior motives?" she asked, strangely amused.

"Uhm...i don't know, I just think that what happened between us was too good to be true. It's not everyday, a rich smart girl allows you to both into her life and body. I was just scared that things were moving too fast. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment and I don't want that to change at all."

She laughed after my little speech.

"I think you are getting ahead of yourself and I still don't know why you think you are one hot property. You are cool and quite the looker but you are not the only one who posseses those qualities, okay? So stop with this attitude like I am trying to force myself on you or make you do what you don't want to, it's annoying." She replied with an irritating look on her face.

I nodded my head and then stood up to leave.

"Where do you think you are going? We are far from done here." She asked with that irritating tone of voice again.

"When you learn to converse properly with people without ordering them around like they are your employees, I will gladly tell you all you want to know about me. Until then, I have other things I must attend to. For starters, I need to start packing my things as I head for home tomorrow."
She nodded her head and then suddenly, she went for the meal she served me and dump the meat into the bin as soon as she got into the kitchen. What a temper, I said to myself. I wore my sandals and left her apartment after watching her wash the dishes for a few minutes. She was murmuring to herself and I thought of staying but I just couldn't do that. Her attitude was just making me uneasy.

I walked to her busstop and crossed over to the other side in the heavy heat before I boarded a cab back to the school gate. I got back to my hostel to see guys hurriedly jumping into cabs as they happily left for home. The hunger must have caused all this. I got into my room at some minutes past one in the afternoon to find the finalist space already empty. He must have gone home.

"Solo, where you go since na? That fine babe come find you again. She leave her number for here, say make you call am. Be lyk say she want the koko." He said, laughing to his words.

"Ode, I go see one pesin inside town jare. When you dey commot na?" I asked as I dialed the number.

"Tomorrow morning, Baba, hunger don nearly finish me for here, if no be Adesuwa, wey we get meeting in the next few minutes, I for don go today."
I shook my head before saying,

"Kerewa no go kill you."

I laughed as Francess picked.

"Hello."

"Hey, it's me, Solo.... "

"Solomon, I know."

"Yeah, I heard you came. I was out strolling around and visiting friends."
She laughed after what I said,

"Solomon, i didn't ask where you went. Visiting friends indeed, anyway, come meet me at spices later in the evening. Five to be precise. Later." She said, dropping the call.

"Oya, e don set?" Tolu asked with anxiety all over his face.

"No, no be like that. She say make me meet for Spices by five."

"Ahhhhhh, Oya na. Show am say na zik boy you be." He screamed.

"Ode." I said, laughing at his words.

I started packing my things and called my mum about the strike. She said she would be expecting me and that I should be home before Afternoon. I was just about to take my rest after the hardwork of packing and all when Adesuwa walked into our room. I knew I had to leave and so I greeted her before taking my leave. I picked my phone and Called Francess even if it was some minutes past four.

"Hey, I am waiting outside spices." I said before dropping the call before she started any arguments. I walked into the viewing room to watch a few boring movies. Pirates of the Caribbean was the movie that was on and it was so interesting, I didn't know when it was already past five until I got a call from the rude Beauty.
I didn't pick but instead tore into a race, heading for the back of Independence hall. I got there and walked a little to my right to find Francess outside the restaurant, looking around. As soon as she sighted me, she stopped looking and headed for the restaurant but I didn't want to go in. I didn't want to spend anything as my account was going down fast. I ran and for some weird reasons, I wrapped my hands around her. I didn't know why I did it but I couldn't deny that it was great doing that.

"Uhm.. What are you doing?" I heard her ask in a whisper.

"Apologizing." I replied.

"You could use your mouth for that."

"Do you want me to move away?" I asked. She didn't reply but instead chuckled.

I later unwrapped myself from her and held her right arm, steering us away from the restaurant.

"Let's go in." She said.

"Nah, I am tired of sitting, being doing that all day. Let's take a walk."

We moved towards the new stadium, passing the back of Mechanical engineering department and then Obafemi Awolowo hall before we arrived at our destination. We spoke all through about our challenge and the strike and all. We stayed on the road admiring the standard track from afar. I was back to my hands around her slim waist.

She was putting on a tight jean and short sleeve shirt which was unbuttoned to reveal a while vest beneath. Her big boobs were on display but I made sure I didn't stare for too long. I played with the zip of her jean as we just stared at the beautiful view in silence.

"This is beautiful." She later said.

"Yes, but not as much as you." I whispered to her ears.

"Oh please, you know you had better stop with the assumption and do what is supposed to be done."

I laughed as I knew what she meant.

"What is wrong if I take my time." I replied her.

"Well, I am getting tired of waiting." She said, which was not a surprise to me as her visits have already confirmed such.

"Do you stay in Lagos?" I asked.

"Nope, I stay in Port Harcourt. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to know if I would be seeing you again during this little holiday, well, it seems that won't be the case."

The evening breeze blew before she answered me and that moved some of her hair into my mouth and eyes. I left her waist and tried to remove the strands of hair in my mouth. She turned back to know the reason why I unwrapped my hands and when she did, she started laughing.

She later stopped and helped me take off the hair.

"You have small eyes, unlike me but thick lips." I smiled and then she said,

"I could stay with my uncle in Lagos only if you promise to make my stay there memorable."

"I promise." I screamed as I carried into my hands and spinned her around. She giggled like a little girl before I dropped her and we started the long walk back to her hall.

It was official, I actually love the rude Beauty.
I am back folks....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
domido:
Chai!!! I wish the schools in the south were as vocal and proactive as that of the west.
Nice one Solo.
So na so girl dey enter guys hostel anytime for UI?
Started reading this today now am here.
... Yes oh... Na anyhow things but ZIK own and Independence na another level entirely. Girls dey stay overnight for there sef and nothing dey happen. U. I na crazy school abeg...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thollex:
It's ZIK hall o... The only hall in the whole of Nigeria
... Yes oh, the only living hall..
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
Marshalrhino:
Solo i hail ooo! U bad ghan, come dey make me feel like pikin. Ride on Sir...
... Lol.... No mind me, I don change oh
Re: Choices by Nmaglit: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
Impressive
Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Still we follow.....

1 Like

Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2016
Solomon, till when nau ??
Re: Choices by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
Solo continue abeg... Yhu qood. I come dey pity Madison...
Re: Choices by domido(m): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
welcome back. just like oliver twist, pls we need more.

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2016
Chapter 6 continued

I hugged her rather too tight as we sadly came to the end of our romantic walk. I had very intention to kiss her after we pulled away from each other with our face only inches apart.

"Do what is meant to be done and I assure you, there won't be anything holding us back." She said and then walked into her hall. I laughed and watch as her legs seem to glide over the hard floor. I really wanted her to be mine but I knew it wasn't yet suitable for me, I had to gather more experience at intimacy before I do the obvious thing.

I didn't like the way Madison describe my first attempt at sex; she tagged my movements uncoordinated. That was as bad as it could get. She is well aware that I have little experience with women beneath the sheets and she might be of help in that regard since she wasn't really irritated by my nervousness but was rather too willing to take control. I could tell her the truth that I needed help in that area and that could make us just plain friends who enjoy each other's company but I knew that's not what she has in mind for us. She wants me to be more than that to her, she wants me to be her boyfriend even if she is going about it the wrong way. I don't want that and that's where the problem lies. Anyway, we will see how that goes, for now, I need to get some sleep.

I got to my room and crashed on the bed as I found Tolu soundly asleep. Adesuwa must have worked him to his limits, crazy Benin girl. I woke up at some minutes past nine in the morning to see Tolu already geared up to travel.

"Papi, how far na, you don dey go?" I asked what was the clear obvious.

"Yes oh, Owu wan make man mad for here.

Yesterday na garri I drink sleep after Adesuwa nearly carry me go my grave. That girl na machine for bed abeg, fear Benin girls oh."
I laughed and wished him safe journey. I got up from my bed as soon as he was gone and had my mouth washed. I got into the cafeteria after hailing some of the guys still around. I devoured bread and beans that morning ignoring the looks I was getting as I didn't know where this hunger came from. I picked up my phone and called my mum that I would be on my way soon. I dialled Francess but I was told that her number was switched off. I decided to call Madison to know if she was still mad at me.

"Hello."

"Called to insult me yet again?" She asked.

"You really need to get..... "

"What do you want Solomon?" She asked, cutting me off.

"Never mind I called, a wrong move on my path." I said before dropping the call. I was really angry at her horrible etiquette when it comes to talking. I walked back into my room and checked through every one of my things to be sure that I didn't forget a thing. When I was done, I took my bucket and headed for the bathroom to have my bath.

I was just entering my room after the shower when I saw my phone blinking, which meant I had missed calls. I was about to find who called when it rang again, it was Madison. I hissed, wondering why she was calling again. I let it ring and worked on my skin, applying body lotion on it. But the phone kept ringing and ringing and when I couldn't take it anymore, I picked.

"Don't you get tired, please let me be ."
She laughed and I wondered what was amusing in what I just said.

"I am sorry about what happened few minutes back. I was still pissed at what you did at my place the other day. I felt a gentleman should have apologized."

"What do you want?"

"Hmm, turning on the table on me now. Alright, I thought we could go to Lagos together since we are both leaving Ibadan today. How do you see it?"

"I hate traveling and even hate it even more doing so with someone. Why not call your dad to send someone to pick you up?" I asked trying to make her angry.

"Who hates traveling? Anyway, I will do the calling when I get to Berger. Right now, I want to travel with you and will very much appreciate it if you meet me at Ojoo." She said with no orders or whatever this time.

"You will hate the journey that I can assure you." I said before dropping the call.

I hissed once again as I slammed my cream into my bag. This girl sure knows how to make someone mad, and now I will even hate my journey the more. I have never loved traveling as sitting in one end of a moving bus really irritates my whole being. Most times, I feel like pouring out my stomach when we get stucked in one of those long traffics, which is due to several factors beginning from smell, heat and sweat. I got dressed anyway and walked over to the gate where I got a cab to the school gate. I took a cab to Ojoo after waiting in the hot sun forever.

Now, there was actually a little bus Park in front of the Plaza just opposite my school gate and it would have made more sense for me to board a bus from there to my destination but their fare was a bit on the high side. I heard someone compare their fare with those in Ojoo Park and when I tried it out, I found out that their fare was a good three hundred less than the one opposite my school. Ever since then, Ojoo Park has been bae.

I got to the bus stop and walked a little to get to the park and as soon as I did, I turned around searching for Madison. I saw her seated in one of those local gin shed. When I saw her, I froze as I took in the beauty in front of me. She was like a light in the darkness around and the sparkle in the dull, dusty Ojoo Park. She was putting on a jean which brought out her thick, shapely legs and a shirt which hugged every flesh of hers and descended nicely to her soft curves. She was engrossed in her phone which made me call out to her, after managing to find my feet again.

She smiled when she saw me and I immediately forgot where I was as she walked up to me in her usual swaying style.

She punched my arm when she got close to me
as I just put on an indifferent look on my face.

"Hey Handsome, what's with the face?"

"Where do you stay in Lagos as these buses have specific areas where they stop." I asked. She rolled her eyes at my refusal to answer her question.

"I stay in one of those Estates at Abule - egba." She replied.

I almost lost my footing immediately as those words left her lips as where she stays was quite close to my residence which meant that I might be forced to let her see where I stay should her driver come before I find my way home.

"Solomon, are you Alright?" She asked with a worried look on her face.

"I am fine. That means we will take the bus that stops at Iyana-Ipaja, so that we will get to stop at pen-cinema." I said before asking one of the men where such buses was located. He pointed to one of them and after endless banter between the abusive driver and I, he finally settled for five hundred on both our loads which I paid. Madison's things were just too much, probably she thought it was her father's bus she would be traveling on.

I paid for the extra load and both our transport which didn't go too well with her as she almost started another round of banter with the mad driver, asking for a refund so that she could pay for hers.

"Shee, e wa confused ni abi ki ni gbogbo rubbish yi. Ta lo fe so wo ni nu eyin me jeji?" The driver asked in his raspy voice which nearly made me laugh.

"Mo ti so wo, e ja ka ma lo." I replied the driver, who just hissed and got into the bus.

"What was that about?" I whispered into her ear as I didn't want another round of attention from the other passengers.

"Why would you do the paying for me without asking me first. Don't ever do it, I don't like it." She replied in a harsh whisper, almost hissing.
I wasn't angry at her reaction and instead played with her right ear and hair as we got weird side glances from the market woman seated with us at the back after which she would shake her head.

I later stopped when Madison kept on jerking each time I trace my fingers along her outer ear. I didn't want trouble from those uncouth market women. I breathed in deeply as I kept my hands to myself and watched the surroundings as the driver tore through road. We were barely at Flour Mills when I felt her head on my shoulders and her hand caressing my thighs. I placed my hand on hers too and soon she slept off leaving me to the boring journey. Guess this journey won't be so boring after all.
.... **********************************... ...
..... More has been delivered

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2016
ps2:
Solo continue abeg... Yhu qood. I come dey pity Madison...
.... Lol... Na xo life be bro...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Nmaglit:
Impressive
.... Thanks...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2016
Hurklan:
Solomon, till when nau ??
I don update bro..

1 Like

Re: Choices by tommynico(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Lego. grin

1 Like

Re: Choices by Perfectionist11: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
You're raising the standards..keep it up.
Re: Choices by talut(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Choices by joanee20(f): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
Always following, I dey Ur back

1 Like

Re: Choices by Ibunkun1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hmm,well Done Bro

1 Like

Re: Choices by sleemoon(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
Xo dis is wat ppl pass tru while waiting for another episode? Chai... I should have sticked to waiting for you to finish the whole thingy b4 i start.... Buh f**k da hell ve started already... All i can do now is to beg... Please Oga Solomonbrown com update oooo... Or better still sell me the complete story... This punishment is too much for me to bear... #sobs
Re: Choices by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Oya oya just dey drop am as e dey hotcheesy

1 Like

Re: Choices by YINKS89(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
oga no take long oooo.... coz ....... lemme reserve ma comment sha. anyways thumb up.

1 Like

Re: Choices by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... Lol... Na xo life be bro...

Yesso.. I be oliver Twist,,,give me more I take Madison beg you...

1 Like

Re: Choices by mattyboy007(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nyc one.. keep it cumin

1 Like

Re: Choices by chidozeze(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
Oga solo ayam waiting... More beautiful girls to your life !!!
Re: Choices by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
I chose to read this story cheesy

#Choices

1 Like

Re: Choices by domido(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
This Tolu wan kill himself by himself sha. After that hard work he carry garri drink. just continue.
Observation, please try to interpret your yoruba cos not everyone understand yoruba.
but you know now, i need more!!!!
Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chapter 6 cont'd

I was awoken by my phone ringing, I opened my eyes to discover we were just past Shagamu. When did I sleep, I asked myself. I pulled out the phone and discovered the caller to be Francess. I immediately confirmed if Madison was still asleep before I picked.

"Geez! Where have you been? I have been calling like forever." She complained immediately I picked.

"I am sorry, I was asleep."

"Hmmm... So are you in your room?" she asked.

"I am in the bus, on my way to Lagos."

"Are you for real? And you didn't tell me before...Anyway, I have got bad news."
She asked in a disappointing tone.

"What's the news?"

"Uhm... My Dad doesn't want me staying at my Uncle's place. He wants back home for some reasons best known to him. I guess we won't get to see till this strike is over." She said still in the same dull tone.

"Waoh, that wasn't what I was expecting. Oh well, there is little that can be done concerning that. We can only hope that this issue gets resolved swiftly so that we can return back to school. I am going to miss you."

"Miss me? I doubt that you will, you have more than enough things to keep you occupied. Remember, our challenge is still on though, don't wile away your time on games and visits."

"Yes ma." I said, trying to end the call as Maddy was stiring now and re-adjusting her head on my shoulder.

"Safe journey, later."

"Bye."
I dropped the call and returned my phone to my pocket.

"Your mum?" I suddenly heard Maddy ask.

"No, a friend." I replied. She didn't ask beyond that and instead tighten her hold on my hand. We didn't talk much and when we were just past mountain of fire, she suddenly sat upright and then complained of hunger.

"We will soon be at Agege. Just hold oh for a while longer." I said, trying to assure her.
She nodded before saying,

"Let me call my Dad to get the driver ready, I wouldn't want to be waiting for too long."
I became alarmed immediately as I didn't want her to do any calling because I knew I would have go with her and she wasn't the type that accepts no.

"I think you should hold on, maybe when we get to wemco, you can do the calling." I said.

"No, I know the driver, he is quite slow and disorganized. I don't why my Dad still puts up with him." She replied me with her usual tone of authority.

"There will traffic at Magodo, there is running away from that. So just chill,okay."
She looked at me suspiciously before putting her phone back in her pocket.

"Where do you stay exactly?" she asked and that was the question I hoped she wouldn't ask.

"I stay around Oko-Oba." I replied, hoping the discussion will stop there.

"Are you serious, that means our places aren't too far apart. I could get the driver to drop you at your door step." She said with quite the excitement.

"I think I will be fine finding my way home. There will be no need.... "

" Nonsense, I insist on aiding you, okay." She said once again in that annoying tone of hers. For God's sake, I am not this girl's employee.

"I can find my way home, thanks for the offer." I replied her sternly.

She didn't say anything after that and just looked at anything apart from me. I ignored her too and called mum that I was close to home and she told me where she left the key. We were close to Berger then and soon as I was done with my call, she picked up her cell and dialled her driver to meet her at pen-cinema.

Well, I thought to myself, she wasn't just proud and stubborn, she also sees competition in the slightest thing . I was sure then that I would never be romantically involved with her.

We kept to ourselves and watched people come down as they got to their destinations. The mad driver stopped us at the Keke line that leads to Ogba after saying that there was no busstop at pen-cinema. He got several curses from the market women but he wasn't moved. I cursed the mad man within as where I would take a bus back home was still a long way and Madison's bags were something else. I managed to drag her things from the road and waited for her driver at the back of the estate after the round about.
The Man arrived and parked at the other side of the road heading for Ogba and crossed to our end to come help his employer's daughter.

"Ahhh, small madam, welcome oh. E don tey wey we see. How school?" He said as soon as He got close to us.

"School is fine, thank you Johnson."

He nodded and promptly took the bags heading for the car. I finally got to see the vehicle and it wasn't a bad ride. It was a black, tinted 4runner.

"Do you still still want to remain stubborn?"
She asked a funny question.

" The journey wasn't so bad after all. Take care of yourself, small madam."

I replied and took my leave, ignoring her question.

"You are just plain rude, hair trigger." I heard her say in an angry tone.

I didn't look back still, even if she just called me a one minute guy. I didn't want to ruin anything between us yet as she was the only sure bet of me getting laid in this little holiday. I was still disappointed that Francess wasn't coming but then, there was Maddy to make for it.

I took a Keke when I got to the railway line. I looked around me to make sure I wasn't followed by that crazy girl as I didn't trust her. I got in and soon I was home. I took the key from where my mum hid it and dumped my things into a chair before hitting the shower.

I stayed in the shower for a while, playing and dancing in what I have been denied of the last three months now. I finally left for my room which was one of the two rooms in the apartment, the other being the ladies room. I walked into the kitchen to find Santana which is another name for Fufu and a pot of ogbono mixed with Okro.

Kai! My head scattered and I sharply served myself, eating while still on my towel. I ignored my ringing phone and descended heavily on the meal before washing it down with chilled water.
I checked the caller to discover it was my mum. I called her to inform I was home before falling asleep on the couch. I woke up to the insistent knock on the door. Mumsi was back along with my younger sister, the other was in the University. I opened the door and went back to sleep in my room, ignoring my mother's complaints of my dirty nature as I refused to take my plates to the kitchen.

The rest of the week was still same routine: sleep, eat, read, sleep. I ignored all of Madison's calls and spoke with Francess, who seemed really happy in port-harcourt. Soon, it was Sunday and as usual I got myself ready to be in church. We were all at the busstop at few minutes before five in the morning to board the bus that would take us to our destination. The bus came and I was mobbed by everyone in it, most asking if I was through with school, like they didn't know when I got admitted. The journey to Ota, Ogun state was fine until Madison decided to make my life a living hell . She kept on calling and calling and despite my best efforts to ignore her, she didn't stop until my mum had to scream for me to pick the call. I was really embarrassed but I picked anyway,

"What is it?" I asked in an angry tone.

"Ahh, Finally, he picks. I know you're mad but don't be because I didn't mean any of those.... "

"What do you want?" I asked, cutting her off.

"Can we see after the first service, please it's really important that we do." She asked.

"I can't, my bus leaves immediately after the first service."

"We have to see Solomon, you could always get another bus or I could drop you off but we must see. Meet me at Green pastures." She said, dropping the call before I could reply.
I became scared instantly, hoping that I haven't gotten someone pregnant as why I didn't use protection that day began to hunt me.

"Is everything alright?" My mum asked. I nodded and silently prayed it wasn't what It seemed to look like.

*************************/*******//
..... Sorry for the late update...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by anneboy02(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] I think i worth it even if it late
Re: Choices by Kajiang02(m): 4:12am On Oct 10, 2016
You always seem to wow me Solomon. A good writer, good descriptive analysis of places, scenarios etc.
nice one dude.
Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2016
Lovely update...next plz....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply)

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.