Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Secrets And Scandals - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets And Scandals (52036 Views)

"The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets And Scandals by bibijay123(f): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wow that Alice and her gang ehn! always picking on the poor girl. I hope they all come to a disastrous end embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by mhisbliss(f): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
angry whats wrong with those rabbid dogs

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by olanshile2016(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
bibijay123:
Wow that Alice and her gang ehn! always picking on the poor girl. I hope they all come to a disastrous end embarassed

like onyinye and Linda they pick on that dirty girl
grin

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by bibijay123(f): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
olanshile2016:

grin

Yes oooo cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
olanshile2016:

grin

I disagree, Onyinye and Linda has nothing on Alice and her crew. Those girls can make someone commit suicide.
Re: Secrets And Scandals by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
This is serious something o

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by olanshile2016(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
dominique:

I disagree, Onyinye and Linda has nothing on Alice and her crew. Those girls can make someone commit suicide.

but Linda is too mean and dangerous,you remember the first chapter when onyinye embarrassed tomi,they are so terrible
but these Alice's clique also bad o
Maybe you're right sha
cool
Re: Secrets And Scandals by johnwizey: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dis Alice gang na confirm bad gang. Skarlett is my type of woman but she no dey do men undecided
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Khutie: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
Finally...Skarlett baby, nice story from yhu hun' . Am gonna miss Vic, such a sweet, misguided teenager

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Khutie:
Finally...Skarle tt baby, nice story from yhu hun' . Am gonna miss Vic, such a sweet, misguided teenager

Lol, thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
johnwizey:
Dis Alice gang na confirm bad gang. Skarlet t is my type of woman but she no dey do men undecided

shocked shocked shocked

Who told you oh
Re: Secrets And Scandals by mhisbliss(f): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
skarlett:

shocked shocked shocked

Who told you oh
lols can't you see he's pulling your legs?
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
mhisbliss:
lols can't you see he's pulling your legs?

Funny enough i know why too, he's nor well gringrin

I've been thinking of updating my diary because of you, I'm just feeling so lazy, God wee help me cry

I hope you're fine
Re: Secrets And Scandals by mhisbliss(f): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
skarlett:

I've been thinking of updating my diary because of you, I'm just feeling so lazy, God wee help me cry

I hope you're fine
lols its obvious,

Well you can put the diary on hold because i dont want anything coming between this story and i, selfish right?

Am okizay thanks for asking

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
mhisbliss:
lols its obvious,

Well you can put the diary on hold because i dont want anything coming between this story and i, selfish right?

Am okizay thanks for asking

Lol, no problem dear

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by johnwizey: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
skarlett:

shocked shocked shocked
Who told you oh
U don forget abi tongue

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by johnwizey: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
skarlett:

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Dedicated to OYAY, khutie, deetus and queenxtar

Thirty

“I suspect she has severe malaria but we’ll have to run some blood tests to ascertain if we’re right,” the doctor had told them a few hours ago so Kelechi and Nena waited outside Nmachi’s ward until he returned. Truly he had never felt as worried as when he had come back from helping a neighbor fix his roof to find Nma unconscious on her bed. He had been the one who made the arrangement to take her to the hospital immediately because her supine body had been burning up with fever.

He had brought her to the hospital where her mother worked and had paced the waiting room restlessly waiting for the doctor’s report. Nena came to join him a few minutes later.

“How is she?”

“I don’t know, the doctor is attending to her now.”

“Chim o, its all my fault, I should have forced her to eat, I should have probed deeper into what was making her sad,” she wailed.

“Nena calm down please, the doctor hasn’t said anything yet, stop overreacting.”

If Nma had any doubts that they both loved her, she just had to see how they had kept pacing up and down the waiting room, not saying a word to each other because their eyes betrayed the truth.

They were scared shitless.

Kelechi’s anxiety towards Nma’s health stirred up feelings he had been trying to keep buried for years, feelings he had been trying to ignore and deny. When Nmachi had been delivered into his arms 2.5kg of a pink, adorable baby, his first thought had been how he would love and cherish her till he died.

With Nena’s betrayal and lies had resurrected feelings of hurt and anger. He loved her from the first day he set his eyes on her when she came to greet him and his people and even her scandalous affair with the priest hadn’t dissuaded him from marrying her.

Nmachi’s birth eight months and one week after their marriage made him have some doubts that she was his but he still accepted her nonetheless, that was what had made Nena’s attempt to cover up the priest’s letter of summons, hurt him more. He had married her despite the fact that she hadn’t come to him untouched but at the first word from the priest that rejected her, she’d gone running. Even now the knowledge that she had chosen the priest over him, still hurt.

But now he thought of it, had he allowed his anger cloud his feelings and judgement all these years? Had he done the right thing in directing his anger at Nena to Nmachi? He wondered.

The doctor’s entry to the waiting room brought him out of his reverie. Nena was beside him in an instant.
“How is she doctor? How’s my poor daughter?” she asked.

“She’ll be all right soon. Like I told you it was a case of severe malaria, the blood tests we carried out showed the malaria was in its most advanced stage, if you had waited a day more, I’m afraid the story would have been entirely different.”

Kelechi let out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding, thank God, he thought.

“Hei God, thank you,” Nena said.

“Thank you doctor,” Kelechi told him.

“You’re welcome. Here are the test results, lets adjourn to my office now so I can give you a list of…”

The doctor’s voice seemed to fade into the background as Kelechi stared at the test result sheet.

Nmachi was AC?

When she woke up, Nma found herself in a room surrounded by people in white and she gasped. Her mouth felt dry and bitter like gall and her head ached.

“Oh chim, she’s awake,” she heard Mama’s voice and then saw her peering down at her. “Thank God. You’re in a hospital,” she explained reading the confusion in Nma’s eyes.

“Thank God,” another voice said and Papa’s face came into view too.

She didn’t know whether it was good or bad that she’d seen genuine worry in Papa’s eyes. She drifted off again.

Nma sat up in the hospital bed three days later; she was feeling much better. Some people had sent her gifts and cards. Raphael had designed a special one shaped like a heart and she was reading it for the umpteenth time when Mama came in carrying a tray of food.

“I like that one best too,” she said placing the serving table in front of Nma, “his words sound really genuine and he looked very worried when he came to see you.”
Nma suddenly felt warm, “Did he? How did they know Mama?”

“I told them when you were admitted. Now eat up and try to recover your strength.”

Nma found herself really hungry and she obediently took spoonfuls of the jollof rice. Her sickness seemed to have left her hungry and she devoured the plate of rice in no time, Mama was satisfied as she cleared the plates away.

Papa walked in a few minutes later with Mama. Papa seemed oddly self-conscious.

“Good afternoon Papa,” she said slowly.

“Good afternoon Nma, how are you?”

“I’m fine,” she replied simply.

He looked at her for a few seconds before clearing his throat again. “Good, good. That’s good to know,” he said still regarding her strangely.

Nma felt at a loss, something seemed to have come over Papa.

Mama sighed beside her, “We have something to tell you, Nma,” she said taking her hand in hers.

Nma looked inquiringly at Mama but she didn’t say anything.

“We’ve both done you wrong and may have to spend the rest of our lives making it up to you…” she paused for a minute before continuing, “You see Nmachi, Kelechi is actually your father.”

Three weeks later…

Dear diary,

Christmas is fast approaching this year and it seems it has come a little early to the Amadi household.

So now I have an answer to my classmates question, my father is really Kelechi Amadi, the only father I’ve ever had or known. Even though my mother had a relationship with the priest before marrying him, there’s no doubt Papa is my real father, that’s according to science.

Papa never had my blood tested to ascertain that I wasn’t his. The only proof he had was that I’d been born three weeks early. Mama’s guilt made her overlook the fact that I could have been born premature rather than Father Patrick’s daughter.

I suppose I should have Alice and her friends to thank for their bullying too because directly or indirectly they helped me find my father. A simple blood test proved beyond reasonable doubt that I’m an Amadi.

How does it feel to have doubts about my paternity cleared? I don’t honestly know now, but at first I felt relieved and dismayed. Relieved because I’m not the ‘bastard’ anymore and dismayed because Papa wasn’t such a model or kind father as he tried to make me pay for Mama’s sins all these years.

Its been weird around the house lately though, Papa is trying to make up for the past and the house is almost as it was when I was younger. Mama and Papa seem to be getting closer and everyone seems to be trying to turn a new leaf.

It’s a season for rewards too and I guess Ejike and Johnny are getting their dues in the penitentiary. They were tried in a juvenile court, found guilty of rape and sentenced to twelve months in a young adults reformation Centre. Their sentences were relatively light because they were found to be juveniles. But I’m glad my friend, Victory got some justice.

Speaking of which, I’m learning to live everyday as it comes like Raphael suggested and slowly I’m beginning to allow the ghost of regrets, rest. I am not perfect after all and as a human, I make mistakes too. I guess that’s why I’m learning to forgive Papa.

Phew! I’ve recounted so much in one entry and its getting late, I really should go to bed. I can’t wait to get back to school, I know now Alice and her friends will never get to me as they did last term and yeah, I won’t mind if they read this entry *wink.

Zzzzzzzz.

Episode finale tomorrow.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 12, 2016
Wow, nice job Skarlett. cool

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 12, 2016
mhiz:
Wow, nice job Sk arlett. cool

Thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 4:07am On Oct 12, 2016
Story about to end cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 12, 2016
So in the update of two of the stories I'm reading, the fathers find out the children they thought weren't theirs was actually theirs
hmm..Sheesh. how hard is it to get a dna test when one has suspicion.
I can't believe this story will end without Nma meeting patrick..

Dear God, dont even let the story end.

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by TamedWolf90: 6:26am On Oct 12, 2016
dominique:
Story about to end cry

Ain't you tired of reading you sef?

Infact I am not happy with you sha...#EndStory
Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 6:41am On Oct 12, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Ain't you tired of reading you sef?

Infact I am not happy with you sha...#EndStory

No vess embarassed Where have you been?
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Khutie: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2016
Scarlett baby, yhu re kissing killing me wid yhur sweet sensational story... Wouldn't have easily forgiven Mr.Kelechi if he were to be my father.

Nice one hun' , gonna take ya outta on date when yhu complete d story

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by mhisbliss(f): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2016
wao skarlett you've alleviated my fears, i don't know a serious blow to the head would be the turning point, thanks to nena, i thought kelechi would become more of a villain after that ordeal, but its more than it seems and am so happy how things turned out, thanks a bunch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2016
mhisbliss:
wao skarl ett you've alleviated my fears, i don't know a serious blow to the head would be the turning point, thanks to nena, i thought kelechi would become more of a villain after that ordeal, but its more than it seems and am so happy how things turned out, thanks a bunch

Lol, you're welcome dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2016
Khutie:
Scarlett baby, yhu re kissing killing me wid yhur sweet sensational story... Wouldn't have easily forgiven Mr.Kelechi if he were to be my father.

Nice one hun' , gonna take ya outta on date when yhu complete d story

Lol, i can't wait

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2016
swann:
So in the update of two of the stories I'm reading, the fathers
find out the children they thought weren't theirs was actually theirs

hmm..Sheesh. how hard is it to get a dna test when one has suspicion.

I can't believe this story will end without Nma meeting patrick..
Dear God, dont even let the story end.

Most people just want to let sleeping dogs lie, that's the case in this story sha.

I wish the story won't end too cry

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Khutie: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, i can't wait
Only when yhu complete d story hun'
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
Khutie:

Only when yhu complete d story hun'

Alright smiley
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
I comment my Reserve....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo / Finding Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.