Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries (32903 Views)

2019: Atiku Meets With Leaders Of Arewa, Yoruba And Ohanaeze Youth Groups (PICS) / 7 Prisoners Who Became President Of Their Countries / Interesting!!! 7 Prisoners Who Became President Of Their Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Jeb007: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
Why did you exclude Robert Mugabe?
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Aiholi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
soberdrunk:
Please guys, which one do you think i will go to and later become the president of Nigeria, KUJE OR KIRI-KIRI?

Any1, but, IF u come out, just gimme 1 ministerial post.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Aiholi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jeb007:
Why did you exclude Robert Mugabe?

Is he worth adding?

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Affable200(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Next Nnamdi Kalu for Biafra
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
grin
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by grodt999: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
immediately remove Obasanjo from that list.
a fearful canon fodder who ran and hid after Murtala was killed in a coup, not respected by anyone except the assasins he uses to kill people like Bola Ige.
Obasanjo is a tragedy that happened to Nigeria and his records should be wiped from Nigerian history.

Alabi-Isama gave a better insight into the person of Obasanjo, read it!

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by ucheokpara100(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Prison is more Educating than university though i dont know about Nigerian prison, an ex-convict is wiser than some graduates but people will not understand.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by onionsoup(f): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
OP YOU NO ADD JOHN JERRY RAWLINGS OF GHANA 1979 - 2000
sombori klap for me kpobo ni wven grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by soberdrunk(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Aiholi:

Any1, but, IF u come out, just gimme 1 ministerial post.

Can you handle the 'alcohol' ministry i.e can you be my 'Honourable Distinguished Minister of Alcohol and social vices'?
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Aiholi(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
ucheokpara100:
Prison is more Educating than university though i dont know about Nigerian prison, an ex-convict is wiser than a some graduates but people will not understand.

....Overseas....
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Aiholi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
soberdrunk:

Can you handle the 'alcohol' ministry i.e can you be my 'Honourable Distinguished Minister of Alcohol and social vices'?

As long as i av my allowances..
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by magicfingers009: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
Buhari went to Prison too for over 40months and he's now Nigeria's current president.
His wife allegedly begged IBB to release him but he divorced her as soon as that story got to him.

This list is incomplete.

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Leez(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
XueRengui:
e be like say Kanu dey pursue you for dream as you just dey shout the name everywhere?
@ topic, Mandela's story is quite 'unique'.
my broda biaf is dia nightmare nah
dts why em loyal to d mallos hikhikhik
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Obodo999(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Why Buhari not on the List ?
Have you forgotten the 3 years (1985-1988) he spent at top security Kirikiri Prison ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
6. Patrice Lumumba [Congo]

Hailed by Malcolm X as the most impressive black man to ever walk the African continent, Patrice Lumumba was handed a 69-month sentence in 1959 for his anti-colonial fight but was released after serving only nine months and became the Prime Minister at the young age of 34.

He only lasted three months as Prime Minister before being ousted in a military coup fronted by Mobutu Sese Seko but orchestrated by the US, England, and Belgium their former colonial lords.

Lumumba’s believed to have been shot multiple times, before his body was dissolved in acid, by the Belgian military in a bid to cover a full-scale investigation. Belgium later apologised in 2002 for its role in his death.

Freedom Fighters of Africa grin
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2016

Hailed by Malcolm X as the most impressive black man to ever walk the African continent, Patrice Lumumba was handed a 69-month sentence in 1959 for his anti-colonial fight but was released after serving only nine months and became the Prime Minister at the young age of 34.

He only lasted three months as Prime Minister before being ousted in a military coup fronted by Mobutu Sese Seko but orchestrated by the US, England, and Belgium their former colonial lords.

Lumumba’s believed to have been shot multiple times, before his body was dissolved in acid, by the Belgian military in a bid to cover a full-scale investigation. Belgium later apologised in 2002 for its role in his death.

Freedom Fighters of Africa... grin
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by cyrilamx(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Obodo999:
Why Buhari not on the List ?
Have you forgotten the 3 years (1985-1988) he spent at top security Kirikiri Prison ?
He was held in Oko maximum prison in Benin city and not kirikiri?
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by NyemzyHimself: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
Nnamdi KANU!
Biafran President (In view)

1 Like

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Affable200:
Next Nnamdi Kalu for Biafra
. grin grin

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
This list is incomplete without Robert Mugabe.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Belgium, US and UK caused the unrest in Congo DR till today. They killed the only elected leader they ever had which was Lumumba. What would their apologies change by killing the young vibrant man. They turned is wife to a widow. To hell with the imperialist.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by chidyjakes(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
In Gordon's voice:"If you go to cell you become an ex-convict, but if you go to prison,Omo ,you will rule the nation".........hello peeps m new
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Aiholi(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
coolViewing y'all in 3D sipping my wine.. smileyViewing y'all in 3D sipping my wine..
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by advocatebaba(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Na to go prison sure pass b dat na.
GO BOOK BED SPACE 4 KIRIKIRI
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
D irony of some of these 'freedom' fighters s dat they later got enmeshed in d web of corruption they proclaimed dey fought
The case of impeached Brazilian president, Dilma Rousseff Dana comes to mind!
I admire her courage in the gorilla warfare though

2 Likes

Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by borntosuccess(m): 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
true statesmen, may there achievements continue to live
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by EdibleCatering: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
This list is incomplete without Robert Mugabe.

And jomo kenyatta
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by supereagle(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
So Mandela ruled for just one term? Interesting!
One of Nairaland young fellows.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by ephi123(f): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Aiholi:

http://www.igberetvnews.com/70467

The West has been interfering for a long while in things which do not concern them.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by ephi123(f): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Belgium, US and UK caused the unrest in Congo DR till today. They killed the only elected leader they ever had which was Lumumba. What would their apologies change by killing the young vibrant man. They turned is wife to a widow. To hell with the imperialist.
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
supereagle:
One of Nairaland young fellows.
Young fellow. How D'U mean?
Re: 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries by iamrealdeji(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
That woman is so phucking fine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed / ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / An Igbo Man Treated 3000 Muslims To Iftar To Foster National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.