Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions (834 Views)

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit / Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by SeunLanLege(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
Before you bother commenting, let me point out that this is a thread for atheists only. If you're not one please don't soil this thread with your ignorance.

Moving on, all the atheists I know always like to refer to themselves as agnostic atheists. That is they can't prove without a doubt that any deity/god doesn't exist.

This is bias. A bias towards deities and gods, to these same atheists would you describe your disbelief in fairies as agnostic? Or would you say that your disbelief in the Russell's tea cup as agnostic? Obviously not.

So why is your disbelief in deities/gods agnostic? I know there is no deity in existence because I can prove that the concept of deities was made up by primitive humans. The same way I know Santa Claus isn't real because I can prove that it was also made up.

Gnostic Atheism isn't close mindedness Neither is it illogical nor requires infinite knowledge of the universe.
If infinite knowledge of the universe was required to dismiss the existence of mythical beings then we might as well place fairies/leprechauns /unicorns/ etc alongside deities and say Because we don't have infinite knowledge of the universe we can't say with 100% certainty that these things don't exist .

"Whatever can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

Agnostic atheism tries to take a pseudo intellectual moral high ground that says that it can be converted when presented with contrary evidence. This is bull.

It only says this because it knows that it can never be presented with contrary evidence. Gnostic Atheism is only relevant to human deities/gods. I, as a gnostic atheist know with 100% certainty that there are no gods /deities as described by human religions in existence.

There might be a creator in the universe, I don't know that. I can't prove there isn't. But I can prove that the gods of human religions are false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by Ranchhoddas: 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is nice. At least you aren't shifting the burden of proof...Please prove that that the Gods of human religions are false.
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by SeunLanLege(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is nice. At least you aren't shifting the burden of proof...Please prove that that the Gods of human religions are false.

Pick a god, any God. I'll prove he/she/it is false.
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Yahweh. As presented by David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel.
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by EyeHateGod: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gnostic is on the position of knowledge
Atheism is a Stand on A Lack of belief
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by EyeHateGod: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Wtf is wrong wif u?
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wtf is wrong wif u?
seunlanlege you said this thread ain't for theist why try to engage them here
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by SeunLanLege(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
stephenmorris:
seunlanlege you said this thread ain't for theist why try to engage them here

Ranchhoddas is an atheist as far as I know
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by SeunLanLege(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wtf is wrong wif u?

Whats the problem?
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by EyeHateGod: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Whats the problem?
Don't derail ur Thread
Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Problem with Gnostic Atheism is that it's more like saying

" I KNOW there is no God".

But then; who/what is God

There is no "real" definiton of a god yet; we have descripitions from a real and personoid being to an impersonal force.

Gnostic Atheism is saying that ALL these definitions/forms which God can come is false. That no such higher being or force exists. That you KNOW it doesn't.

That position, to me a position of faith; the kind of weak faith we often accuse theists of. It's no less different than a Gnostic theism even if diametrically opposite. It can even; conceivably; be classifed as a sort of religion in itself.

So I dunno. Laying it out that you KNOW there is no god only opens a box of even more catchy arguments and really crappy analogies.

But hey, What do I know cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by SeunLanLege(m): 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
SirWere:
Problem with Gnostic Atheism is that it's more like saying

" I KNOW there is no God".

But then; who/what is God

There is no "real" definiton of a god yet; we have descripitions from a real and personoid being to an impersonal force.

Gnostic Atheism is saying that ALL these definitions/forms which God can come is false. That no such higher being or force exists. That you KNOW it doesn't.

That position, to me a position of faith; the kind of weak faith we often accuse theists of. It's no less different than a Gnostic theism even if diametrically opposite. It can even; conceivably; be classifed as a sort of religion in itself.

So I dunno. Laying it out that you KNOW there is no god only opens a box of even more catchy arguments and really crappy analogies.

But hey, What do I know cheesycheesy

The label "Atheism" was Born as a result of theism.
There are no diverse definitions of god. There is only one as described by human religions which I know without a doubt is false.

The term "god" doesn't equal "creator of the universe". It is a placeholder for human ignorance.

And as such if there was a creator, we wouldn't call him /her/it "god" we would call him /her/it "creator".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gnostic Atheism And It's Misconceptions by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

The label "Atheism" was Born as a result of theism.
There are no diverse definitions of god. There is only one as described by human religions which I know without a doubt is false.

The term "god" doesn't equal "creator of the universe". It is a placeholder for human ignorance.

And as such if there was a creator, we wouldn't call him /her/it "god" we would call him /her/it "creator".
it seems you read my posts on thinkers lodge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i asked a question why can't we have a creator who is not a GOD

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Promote Your Church/company Using Cusomized epoxy stickers For Cars / The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon / A Reply To Oyedepo From A Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.