Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Downtown Fairytale - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Downtown Fairytale (1396 Views)

Love Is Not A Fairytale... / Warren's Fairytale (fantasy) / Downtown Fairy Tale. genre( urban-fantasy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 12:28am On Sep 13, 2016
Prologue: Once upon a time there was man known as Tatsu-Saiga, he was referred as a demi-god because of his abilities. At a young age he had mastered 120 sword skills and he vanquished warriors- he performed daring deeds no other mortal had been able to accomplish. But his mischievous nature led to his downfall, oneday Tatsu-Saiga broke into Ymirr the land of the spirits and stole some magic beans from the holy tree of heaven, the three heavenly kings were wrath with Tatsu-Saiga and they sealed him in the land of humans with a magic web. No heard of the legend ever again.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2016
(Part 1: Mid-Heim)
The Squirrel King:
In the city of New York, United States, 21st century Ethan McFred got hurried to get a cab- today was his girlfriend's birthday and he wanted to be with her soon enough to show her a surprise. He first stopped at his apartment to change and he unlocked his door he saw the strangest thing he had ever imagined- a large Squirrel as big a bear in his apartment it was red and had a pair black eyes which stared at him, the creature was calm it just stood looking at him. Fear paralysed Ethan not to think clearly- he didn't know whether to run and call the police or run and call the animal control or just run away- how did such a creature even enter?
"heave not o coward middling message of peace I bring thee" the giant Squirrel said
That shook Ethan more "what? did you just speak?" the Squirrel maintaining its calm countenance continued,
"I am Ratastok King of the tree Squirrels, lord of the woods I have come beyond the gates of space and time to awaken you great warrior"
"h...hey I...must be drinking too much... I should see a psychiatrist. Thank you King Squirrel of space and time" Ethan left and came back again - the giant Squirrel still stood there. "oh sh*t I better call the police before I get eaten"
"ahem" the Ratastok coughed "I see you have no memory of your previous deeds many centuries you came to me for wisdom... now times have become dangerous and you see not fables but reality"
"dangerous? wisdom from you? I've not even lived up to fifty I'm just 25 " Ethan sighed "look Mr big Squirrel I don't know what I did to piss you off but I'm certainly not the guy. Please leave and don't eat me, today's my girlfriend's birthday and I'm gonna be late...".
the Squirrel got up getting ready to leave " it seems the heavenly kings took your memories too... we shall hope to meet again"
"farewell Tatsu-Saiga" said Ratastok. He fled through the window.
"Tatsu-Saiga?" Ethan wondered
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2016
(Part 1: Mid-Heim)
The Squirrel King:
In the city of New York, United States, 21st century Ethan McFred got hurried to get a cab- today was his girlfriend's birthday and he wanted to be with her soon enough to show her a surprise. He first stopped at his apartment to change and he unlocked his door he saw the strangest thing he had ever imagined- a large Squirrel as big a bear in his apartment it was red and had a pair black eyes which stared at him, the creature was calm it just stood looking at him. Fear paralysed Ethan not to think clearly- he didn't know whether to run and call the police or run and call the animal control or just run away- how did such a creature even enter?
"heave not o coward middling message of peace I bring thee" the giant Squirrel said
That shook Ethan more "what? did you just speak?" the Squirrel maintaining its calm countenance continued,
"I am Ratastok King of the tree Squirrels, lord of the woods I have come beyond the gates of space and time to awaken you great warrior"
"h...hey I...must be drinking too much... I should see a psychiatrist. Thank you King Squirrel of space and time" Ethan left and came back again - the giant Squirrel still stood there. "oh sh*t I better call the police before I get eaten"
"ahem" the Ratastok coughed "I see you have no memory of your previous deeds many centuries you came to me for wisdom... now times have become dangerous and you see not fables but reality"
"dangerous? wisdom from you? I've not even lived up to fifty I'm just 25 " Ethan sighed "look Mr big Squirrel I don't know what I did to piss you off but I'm certainly not the guy. Please leave and don't eat me, today's my girlfriend's birthday and I'm gonna be late...".
the Squirrel got up
getting ready to leave " it seems the heavenly kings took your memories too... we shall hope to meet again"
"farewell Tatsu-Saiga" said Ratastok. He fled through the window.
"Tatsu-Saiga?" Ethan wondered
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2016
chapter 2: Somewhere in South-America
Somewhere in Colombia, South-America, it was a peaceful evening in the village of Santa-Dolores it was a full moon season and the night sun radiated light towards the village- suddenly the moon became purple, the villagers came out of their abodes to see the cause of the phenomenon.
Surrounding the moon were six large purple stars facing each other at an opposite end. The villagers began to feel dizzy under the intense ray of the purple moon, in a flash of light the village vanished. Everything within the territory of Santa-Dolores was gone- living and objects including houses, plants... nothing even the most insignificant thing was left.
The six purple stars disappeared and the moon became white and peaceful again- but standing in the place of Santa-Dolores was an empty dry land.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by saintgreat: 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
brainiac5:
Somewhere in Colombia, South-America, it was a peaceful evening in the village of Santa-Dolores it was a full moon season and the night sun radiated light towards the village- suddenly the moon became purple, the villagers came out of their abodes to see the cause of the phenomenon.
Surrounding the moon were six large purple stars facing each other at an opposite end. The villagers began to feel dizzy under the intense ray of the purple moon, in a flash of light the village vanished. Everything within the territory of Santa-Dolores was gone- living and objects including houses, plants... nothing even the most insignificant thing was left.
The six purple stars disappeared and the moon became white and peaceful again- but standing in the place of Santa-Dolores was an empty dry land.
y wz it xo cry
brainiac5:
y wz it xo
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
saintgreat:
y wz it xo cry y wz it xo
don't worry it will be more interesting as the plot unfolds
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2016
chapter3: Essence of Darkness
No one ever knew about the encounter between Ethan and the Squirrel King maybe because Ethan did not want to look like a freak in front of everyone especially his girlfriend Jane who worked so hard to keep their relationship together Ethan worked at a pizza delivery outlet earning a meager salary while Jane worked as a receptionist at a law chamber, they both had little but their love sustained them Ethan had always dreamt of starting a family with Jane and having a stable and decent life together. Jane was the type of girl he liked; pretty, smart, virgin, understanding, ambitious- she was going to be his wife someday.
Ethan took a bite from his cheese sandwich(made by Jane ) as he took a gulp from his morning coffee as he opened the pizza store, the morning papers had arrived so skeemed through it before activities started. As usual the headlines displayed unreal phenomenons like this: VILLAGE IN COLOMBIA DISAPPEARS MYSTERIOUSLY AT MIDNIGHT. This was the third village in South-America this year that had vanished in thin air - two from Brazil and now in Colombia another news highlight was the the theft of a so- called magic sword known as Infenious which could absorb fire. It was stolen from the Ireland national museum of myths and legends, the funny part was that from clues the suspect had paws- that of a squirrel size of a human's. All these fantasies did not exist in Ethan's world.
Back at the shop Mr Harlon the cleaner got to his duty of clearing the trash. As he emptied the waste bin he noticed a strange object- a tiny ball with spikes all over, he sniffed and squeezed the object which seems to be made of rubber- as he did one the spikes emitted a green smoked to his face, out of irritation Mr Harlon dropped the spiked ball. He discovered that he smelt so bad worse than a rotten flesh "ewww, I stench like hell" unbeknownst to him the ball began to release bad smelling fumes from each on the spikes- soon the whole shop began to smell like rotten corpse.
The smell was so bad that customers started to leave, some began to nauseate. Mr Lee Rerrison the manager came out of his office look furious, first the shop stenched badly and his costumers began to leave, he marched to meet the cleaner and maybe fire him. Back at the basement where Mr Harlon was, a dimension to an unknown world began to open- mr Harlon fell from what he saw and out of the dimension came five giant ants the size of dogs, fear paralysed the cleaner's voice that he could not cry for help nor scream. The giant ants were very fast that before Harlon could move the pounced on the poor cleaner feeding themselves out of him. This was Mr Harlon's last breath on earth and the first human meals of the five monsters... they crawled to feast on more humans who were unaware of the creatures from another world.
Back at the pizza shop the whole costumers had left due to the stench, the workers would have left but orders from the manager they had to stay and find the source of the whole problem. Ethan had also perceived the odour but in him he felt he had perceived something worse- darkness.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by DoctorFlash(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2016
Omo dis story dey lyk a movie named legend of the ancient sword guy wu ever u be as a follower i dey ur bak abeg update sharperly sharperly.
guyziz make una com cee ooo

1 Like

Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
Chapter 4: Infernus The Swordof Fire
"McFred you are needed on the basement!" Mr Rerrison barked.
"sure thing sir" grumbled Elvis
They moved to the dark basement where they discovered that the stench was so strong- "Harlon! Harlon!" the angry manager called. Using a torch Ethan did a surface search so leave the place early, suddenly his light caught something odd- a creature looking like an ant busily gnawing a can.
"um boss I found something freaky" he called. Mr Rerrison hurried forward....
"stand back from the alien creature. I was trained for situations like these" the careless manager instructed.
The giant ant remained calm a Rerrison tried to touch it, suddenly it opened its sharp mandibles and grabbed the man's hand away- Rerrison had never felt such pain and horror in his since his mother spanked him at age four for smoking and he gave a positive feedback by screaming in pain. Ethan also screamed in feedback for his dehanded boss. Suddenly four more large sized ants came out of their hiding places in the dark getting their jaws ready for lunch.
Ethan grabbed his screaming boss and headed for the door he grabbed the knob and it fell off leaving both of them locked inside- damn that stupid carpenter. One of the ants crawled to them and Ethan grabbed a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall opened and spayed on the monster which shrieked.
That didn't stop them, the ants still came on... Ethan wonderd, he always wanted a peaceful death- old and accomplished surrounded by great-grandchildren and his love Jane by his side not beside a one handed boss with whom he was going be eaten by strange creatures from "god-know-where" he closed his eyes and he recited these words:
"I am stronger than I feel
wiser than I think, I am better
than I ever imagined
nothing is difficult for me"
he didn't know what he was saying but flowed out of his mouth...
Suddenly Ratastok broke inside through a window a crushed one of the ants with his paws, in his mouth was a sword- not an ordinary one it's blade glowed red as fire, from its form it was hot. truly a magic sword
"big Squirrel!!" Ethan cried
"heave ho I said we would again and now we meet", he passed the sword to Ethan's trembling hand. " now Tatsu-Saiga you must prove thou might... this are the times when legends are reborn" Ethan felt a deep strength coming into him.
"Tatsu-Saiga unleash your true wrath and Smite thou enemies!" Ratastok said
with true power Ethan gripped the flaming red sword and with professional movement he slayed the remaining four creatures... Tatsu-Saiga and his sword infenus had returned.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Land of Endless Night:
In a world beyond human reasoning- in a realm so dark, just like outer space it was full of purple stars floating around- in this land of pitch blackness there was no solid ground only a dark purple moon floating at the middle.
On moon stood a skeleton clad in a black business suit, it checked it's gold watch and adjusted it's tie waiting for someone or something to come. Of a sudden a shadow crawled on the moon like a snake to the skeleton.
"manager" said the shadow in a whispering voice
The skeleton stared down at his visitor and said in a clean, refined british accent "hallo, my dear shadowling, I see you've come to me with feedback- go on speak"
"the flaming sword Armageddon has been stolen and has been given to a human named Ethan McFred" said the shadowling
Unlike most villains that would go in a rampage from hearing such news, the Manager kept his cool though it was hard to mood from his skull face.
"I see... nothing interesting like that has happened in a long time. Has this human man damaged anything with it ? claimed life?"
"yeah a bunch of killer ants" answered the shadowling
the Manager nodded" impressive, but the Armageddon an obsolete threat... the human may end his life if he doesn't handle the sword properly " he stopped and continued " I see our experiments are in good progress "
"yes Manager three villages have been consumed from the map of reality, soon we will be victorious"
"yes three villages, that's why i called it GOOD not BETTER" said the Manager. "from my experience with creating chaos I discovered that it's not how long it takes but how well the work is done. When my Choas Moon project is complete It will break into the Financial District and erase the Nebuchadnezzar system... more ratholes will crack open and we'll pop champagne listening to classical music"
the shadowling shuddered and said in it's whispering voice "very good manager soon that stupid computer will be gone and we shall be free"
The Manager laughed "see it that way shadowling, gather your kind where hence they hide, let us get ready for a time of eternal darkness"
"aye Manager" responded the shadowling as it crept away from the purple moon. The meeting in the land of endless night ended. And the Manager it's lord set for his next plan.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 6:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Worlds beyond the land of men:
The envious of will say, the ignorant will listen and the foolish will believe- that there is no magic... there are worlds beyond human reasoning that without cautions one may run mad.
Ethan woke up feeling groggy after the fight with the monsters and he felt worse thinking about the giant ants, giant squirrel, magic weapon...
"heave o human lest your pain heals" said Ratastok from behind.
Ethan almost jumped but his aching head, what was the squirrel doing in room? Ratastok blinked "you were unconscious for three days and night. After you slayed the killer ants you passed out and was brought here by your human companions but since then a beautiful damsel had been coming to tend you" Ethan smiled he knew it was Jane.
"Okay Squirrel King what's all these about? first you visit me and I was attacked by ants..."
"hold these" Ratastok said, holding a gold coloured baseball bat, on it was inscribed the word ARMAGEDDON,Ethan held it and behold it electrocuted him "ouch!" he cried.
"that is the Armageddon, a magic rod that summons lightning but recently it was moulded into a bat"
"so what gives!" cried Ethan still feeling the pain. Ratastok continued, "to know the secrets of these world you must learn it's stimuli. Have you wonderd, what brings rain?, what summons sunshine? are there other worlds apart from that of humans? what controls reality? It's the Nebuchadnezzar.
" huh? "
Ratastok sat down on his hind legs and continued " the Nebuchadnezzar system is a magic super computer that controls the reality, everything about the world, about everyone is recorded in its memory system- it has controls the passage among worlds- it's a powerful life force "
Gone were the days when Ethan believed in cartoons so a blank look came upon his face "how can you say the world is run by super computer? so tell me where is it?"
"in the financial distrius, were all issues of the world are handled. The world is divided in different realms and places, interconnected by Nebuchadnezzar through a wall called a parallum, the only way to cross to another world is through the parallum"
"so how does these affect my life? asked Ethan who was already feeling bored
" o it does human, you have to understand the secrets of reality. We have worlds like Land of water, Land of Fire, Land of Giants, Land of endless night, and many others" suddenly Ratastok caught a scent of someone coming into the room. Jane entered into the room witnessing a meeting between her boyfriend and a giant squirrel , as she was about to scream Ratastok ran to her blowing a glittering silver like powder to her face, she suddenly fell asleep.
"what did you do to Jane?!!" cried Ethan
"heave o I only used stardust on your damsel. it is used to erase memories" assured the squirrel King
"so when she wakes up she won't remember seeing both of us, right?"
"assured" Ratastok climbed the window and concluded " I must depart now, remember my words"
"wait you've not told me anything about my past"
"it is one duty to discover himself" Ratastok said pointing his paw to the Armageddon which he left behind, "remember night is black and full of darkness" he left
Ethan looked at the sleeping Jane and smiled... she was beautiful.

"
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
The Dwarf
Two weeks after his meeting with ratastok, It was 9.00pm on Tuesday Ethan had closed from work and was waiting for the last train going the Brooklyn. Sitting on the bench at the station he noticed a dwarf next to him, he was dressed in an old fashioned green checkered suit, he wore a pair of round specks and a red beard just like Santa Clause. He hummed as he smoked a large cigar then blew out a perfect smoking ring, Ethan stared at him. He had noticed such a peculiar looking person before perhaps he was new around
The dwarf looked at Ethan and asked, "do you smoke boy?"
he shakes his head, "I'm sorry sir I don't smoke"
The drarf looked at him again "I must tell you this is quality stuff". He pointed at the cigar, " you can't find this anywhere in modern America "
"sure thing sir" Ethan agreed even though he never understood. He noticed the dwarf was with the copy of yesterday's newspaper whose headline read: VILLAGE VANISHES IN SOUTH AFRICA AS BLACK MOON APPEARS.
"strange things happen without our knowledge, agree my boy?" the dwarf started.
"sure thing, now we hear of alligators in sewers, serial killers as cab drivers and all those urban myths" Ethan replied.
The dwarf laughed and continued "I don't mean public cases on police files, I mean the impossible... magic" his eyes widened. "two weeks ago I heard of a case where a vortex opened at the basement of an unpopular diner and giant ants crawled out, but fortunately a young man wielding a magic bat slayed them all, the name of the diner is Arabian Bite"
Ethan wanted to open his mouth in awe... the incident between he, ratastok, and the giant ants happened two weeks ago, Arabian Bite was were he worked, and ratastok had wiped off everyone's memory with stardust... there was no way a total stranger would know.
"so who did it? was it Harry Potter?" he made a fake laugh.
The dwarf folded his newspaper and stood up, "it wasn't Harry Potter or any fictional character it was the doing of a man called Ethan McFred" He faced the shocked Ethan, his face looked serious and continued "now Mr Ethan McFred, this brings me to my first question, Who are you?"
" hhhooow did you know my name!?"a terrified Ethan asked
" I told you strange things happen, you shall permit me a subway train station is not
a not a right place for discussions" The dwarf looked out silver glittering powder, Ethan recognized it was stardust but before he could escape, it was blown into his face. Ethan was now deep asleep
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2016
Ethan woke up feeling groggy like the other time... but today was different he was lying on the floor of a small room with old books and antique furniture, the room had a scent of sweet coffee and strawberry. He managed to stand up but as he tried to moved, he discovered that his feet were gummed to the floor, trying over and over again, he couldn't leave the spot.
"damn" Ethan cursed under his breathe "if I get that shorty, he's gonna be sorry":
" alas you are awake" said a voice as a door opened behind him. It was the dwarf, he was carry a plate of a sliced chocolate cake and a coffee. He was still dressed in his green checkered suit, this time he wore a pointy green hat like a cone .Something told Ethan that this man might be affiliated with magic.
"OK I'm awake, now get me out this enchantment I'm stuck!" demanded Ethan
The dwarf's face broke into a mischievous grin "I'm impressed Mr McFred you are a smart man, actually this is a spider-binding seal i used to restrict your movement". Ethan looked down at the spot where was standing, a spider web was drawn- this magic barrier was what held him.
" Who are you and what do you want from me, I'm a good guy you see" He couldn't believe he captured by a man of such size. The small man took a bite from the cake and stroked his beard walking around Ethan.
"I'll will answer your questions so that you will answer mine. He said in a businesslike manner . " First of all I am not a lowly human, my name is Mr Pine Higgleswogs and I am a gnome" He adjusted his pointy hat and continued "a notable dirwctor of the gnome bank mid-heim branch. With my professional skills I have overseen the activities of the bank for more than three hundred years to commendable degree. Second I don't need anything from you, due to my noble nature I was ordered by the decree of the thirteen kings to you and third you were innocent weeks ago until you touched the Armageddon" he ended
Ethan chuckled"you work in a bank? Aren't you supposed to be in garden with other garden gnomes "
"be polite boy, I can leave you embound on that spot for a century" warned Mr Pine
"the last time I checked poverty rate in America is getting high, but now I think the reason is because gnomes now work in banks". mocked Ethan
Mr Pine looked cross and replied" do not insult my race. We gnomes do not work in human money banks, we deal with golds and treasures of the different worlds. If not for us the human world will have no gold, no silver, no diamond or precious stones to mine" He dropped the cake and the coffee on a small table at the corner brought out an handkerchief to wipe his face, then brought out his large cigar and spat fire out his mouth unto it's tip and began to smoke.
A glowing blue butterfly fluttered into the room through the wall and whispered something into Mr Pine's ears and left again passing through the wall. It was a fairy. Mr Pine looked at Ethan and started...
"two weeks ago the Armageddon bat was stolen from our vault by who we believe to be Ratastok the king of squirrels, he passed it unto you believing that you are a descendant of the family of the thirteen heavenly king. Two weeks ago a rat-hole opened where you worked and you defeated the monsters that came out of it" he adjusted his specs "what amazes others and i is the strength you used to kill them, no human in mid-heim possess such, except if he may have the blood of one of Kings flowing in him"
Ethan began to sweat "look there old gnome, I had to do what I had to do. I couldn't allow costumers and innocent people die besides that lousy squirrel brought it to me" .The gnome whistled and the door opened another replica of Mr Pine walked, dwarfish, wearing a green suit and cone pointed hat walked in carrying the Armageddon.
"Welcome to another limbo Mr McFred" said Mr Pine Higgleswogs, he touched the spider-barrier seal and closed his eyes, the web drawing Ethan was standing on disappeared and Ethan was free.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 12:20am On Dec 15, 2016
. Thanks for reading DTFT, pls rate if interesting . I really need it.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
"Limbo?" questioned Ethan
"yes limbo," Answered Mr Pine" it is an etymological meaning for world. Our world is like a tree, it has several branches which make up the limbos- mid-heim the human world is one of them. Mind you there are several other limbos "
"how many alternate worlds I mean limbos are there" he asked again
"there are several limbos, approximately thirteen- but there are lots and lots of sub-limbos. These worlds are partitioned by an invisible wall we call paralum"
"and these limbos are controlled by the Nebuchadnezzar computer" concluded Ethan.
The other gnome whose name was Kob Hobnoggle opened the door, and led the way. As they stepped out, they were outside on a street, a street Ethan knew very well...
"how did we get here? This is the street were I live..."
Kob adjusted his bow tie and contributed " that room is a sub-limbo, it was connected to Kingston Street, Brooklyn, Mid-heim. "
This was Ethan's first experience with the supernatural, a door leading to another world. "are there other doors like these" he asked .
"Of course human" Kob replied," there are in every limbo passages to sub-limbos but you must have the key to opening them"
"what of main limbos?"
" you will have to follow through the Railbow, by meeting the gatekeeper" answered Mr Pine " now consume this " he gave Ethan a large red candy with white stripes, it was bean shaped.
"what's this?" asked Ethan
"it magic bean, it helps one to sense spiritual presence.Now will you stop asking me stupid questions" said Pine and he turned to Kob conversing with him in a strange language that sounded like Russian.
Ethan consumed the bean shaped candy and his head began to spin hearing voices... his eyes became clear and he could see the other side of his world. Just as the street was full of humans so was it full of ghosts, roaming left and right. The ghosts resembled humans but they were black and white like old TV characters before the color TV came out. The ghosts talked with each other like normal humans.
"humans call them ghosts, but they are called irregulars. Souls that refuse to pass on to the afterlife, something in their limbo holds them" . said Kob
The irregulars were men, women, old,young, black, white, asian... people who had died but did not rest in peace. Sad.
Re: Downtown Fairytale by Warhawk(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nyz one
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 3:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Warhawk:
Nyz one
Tnx a lot
Re: Downtown Fairytale by brainiac5(m): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
The people who moved on the streets did not notice the irregulars and they didn't seem to care. As a child Ethan had always been afraid of ghosts but now he was watching them, they didn't do anything that caused harm to the living, again he saw a robot who had an halo floating over head like an angel, he was listening to a fairy who whispered in his ears, above Ethan saw a rainbow large and long, it twisted and formed like a road suddenly a large bullet train ran on the rainbow road.
"whoa!!" exclaimed Ethan, passerbys thought he was high on drugs.
"you seems to be enjoying yourself Mr McFred" said a voice behind him. Ethan froze he recognized the voice, it was the voice of his late highschool teacher Mr Harris. He turned and answered meekly "yes sir"
Nine years ago when Ethan was in highschool, he was not academically smart worst part he was always bullied. Mr Harris the new teacher noticed Ethan's toxic grades and took it upon himself to train him, he privately tutored Ethan till his grade surfaced. He was a patient and understanding man, it was not until four years back when he died in a bank robbery incident but now he was an irregular, what was keeping him in the living world?.
"you've grown into a man but I hope your brain grew up too" he laughed, Ethan was sure that if it were another teacher he would nag him for working in a diner despite his education."you must wonder why I'm still here instead of heaven... that was what I believed when I died, I thought I will wake up and find myself in heaven with God, dancing with the saints, singing with the angels but I got a greatest shock when I found myself on the spot where I died now as a black and white ghost."
"well maybe if you search around there might be a dimensional door leading to heaven" said Ethan.
"no, no irregulars cannot pass through limbos,we are stuck in the world were we die. It's been a long time since talked with a living human, no one can hear us, see us or touch us except through supernatural means. The ones I pity most are children who need love, they cry for their mothers who can't see or hear them. Very sad to die at that age."
People who saw Ethan talking to an invisible person thought he was crazy. "it's nice to see you again sir."
"McFred did you get that degree in medicine you always wanted?"
"no Mr Harris, I'm still working on it. I do part-time jobs at Arabian Bite to pay for my tuition at John Hopkins university, as a matter, I'm doing well actually well" lied Ethan, in reality he was a dropout who now worked full-time.
<liar stinky liar> said a voice in head. Ethan looked around to see it was,<you just wanna make a dead man proud.You're hopeless> the voice sounded like a whisper. <Ethan you're never gonna be bigger than this> the voice laughed.
Mr Harris eyes narrowed" you are followed by a shadowing"
"shadow... what?" Ethan's shadow began to move by itself
"shadowlings are spirits created from negative emotions like hate, fear, envy, anger, sadness, greed. When such emotions last for long they come to life and pretend to be shadows, sometimes they are responsible for the voices in our heads that discourage us"
<the bum's right asshole> the shadow said
"get it off me!" cried Ethan.
<since you were a kid you've been a damn coward> said the shadowling said.
Mr Harris retorted, "the only to shun that spirit is to belief in yourself". This was the last lesson of teacher to his student.

(1) (Reply)

EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! / Robert Greene's "23 Laws Of Human Nature"? / Adult Education & Mass Literacy Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.