Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here (14730 Views)

If You Got Beautiful And Glowing Skin Please Share Your Routine Here / Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin / How To Discover Beautiful Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sexyLeamon(f): 2:45am On Oct 28, 2009
Foster cat:

I think i ve been looking for a thread like this,

My own problem is this, i use to be a fair guy by birth,but now iam becomig darker by the day n it is really making me sad, the reason i am becoming dark,is due to the fact that my work now take out and most tymes i am under the sun. i use nature essence cream n delta soap for a long tyme,but to no avail

pls i need sombodi to rcommend a routein programe for me,i mean the kind of cream i can use to bring back my colour the face cleanser i can use n hw much in naira they cost, pls no bleaching creams.i hate to bleach.lol

I am not in Nigeria, I guess someone else may help you.
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sweetpie23: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2009
undecided undecided undecided
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sistajay(f): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2009
I have been told by many I have a beautiful silky skin, cant live without the vitamin E and Evenin Primrose, they do wonder for your skin!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by Shola2009(m): 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2009
Bath and put on lotion.  E don finish, no get time for all the other things Undecided
grin abi oooo.

me ordinary rub and shine with water does the trick 
and maybe a little face cleanser grin grin
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by snazzydawn(f): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2009
I drink water like it is going out of fashion, eat lots of fruits and veggies and exercise daily, that is really essential for good skin. I also take my bath twice a day ie in the morning and in the night before I go to bed. Once in a while, I do the mud mask thing, steam my face, use honey, milk, egg whites or avocado on my face. I love to go the au naturel way when it comes to skin care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sweetpie23: 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
hmmmmmmmm
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by psyche003: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2009
Me , id really love to lighten my lips, can anyone help. I dont smoke and coffee intake is minimal, just want them to be a little pinker.
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2009
psyche003:

Me , id really love to lighten my lips, can anyone help. I dont smoke and coffee intake is minimal, just want them to be a little pinker.
Brush your lips lightly with your toothbrush every morning and night. This only works if you had pink lips to start with, if you didnt then it wouldnt work o!
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by trulyopal(f): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2009
i hav a fairly O.K skin
cleanse with skin success cleanser at nite, use fair and lovely night cream.
use olay body quench during d day, and ocassional use of loreal sunscreen.
Though i aspire to do better for my skin, lol
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sweetpie23: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
truly-opal:

i hav a fairly O.K skin
cleanse with skin success cleanser at nite, use fair and lovely night cream.
use olay body quench during d day, and ocassional use of loreal sunscreen.
Though i aspire to do better for my skin, lol
is fair and lovely not a whitening cream lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by vanitty: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
I do I do.
1st step is water, I drink lots and lots and lots of water.
I stopped eating snickers and try to avoid anything with nuts
Wash my face every night before bed with delta soap
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sweetpie23: 3:30am On Nov 20, 2009
water seems to be the secret for many people.

1 Like

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by mariyaah(f): 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
a few months back,i mistakenly poured hot water on my right feet sad dis has left dark patches &wrinkles on my skin. what cream can i use to make it normal?
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2009
mariyaah:

a few months back,i mistakenly poured hot water on my right feet sad dis has left dark patches &wrinkles on my skin. what cream can i use to make it normal?
I advice you see a dermatologist.
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by sweetpie23: 5:53am On Dec 05, 2009
agree
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2009
so much for chemicals and hardwork
did u eva try to maintain the outside naturally from the inside?
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by olajmk: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
B4 i go to bed, i wash my face with Clinque soap, then i cleanse with clinique clarifying lotion number 2(i find the higher numbers a little too harsh for my skin).then i rub in Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide capsule oil and now apply a lightening cream.Lightening creams are better applied overnight when there is no sun.

In the morning, i scrub my face with St Ives facial scrub before i have my bath. then i use Elizabeth arden's Intervene.It's a radiance booster cream with Spf 15.i use Zibu shea butter cream(from boots) for the rest of my body.

No be small work o! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by olajmk: 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
In addition to the above, i try to exercise and drink gallons of h20 and fruits!
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by shilling(f): 7:50am On Feb 02, 2010
My skin routine isn't anything fancy. I always, well usually take off all my makeup before going to bed, using a regular facial soap. Then I exfoliate and moisturize.
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by babythug(f): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
I wonder how fun threads like this get lost sha!!!

Zaynie

Helovesme

Alphahandmaiden

GiddyPerson

Enkaydewdrop ( seeing as you've returned from America )

Onegai

Beyedew

Hunniesuzie

Sugah

Jazzyjazz

Omojudy

Ifyalways

Cococandy

EfemenaXY

Edwife

Damiso

Come and share your secrets please!!! wink
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin you guys would need pen and paper for my routine. Lord help me. I need help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by babythug(f): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2017
cococandy:
grin you guys would need pen and paper for my routine. Lord help me. I need help

lol please come and share none the less! We have notebooks on stand by smiley
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by jazzyjazz: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
babythug:
I wonder how fun threads like this get lost sha!!!

Zaynie

Helovesme

Alphahandmaiden

GiddyPerson

Enkaydewdrop ( seeing as you've returned from America )

Onegai

Beyedew

Hunniesuzie

Sugah

Jazzyjazz

Omojudy

Ifyalways

Cococandy

EfemenaXY

Edwife

Damiso

Come and share your secrets please!!! wink

Ah routine ke
I nor get o

Once in a while I de use facial scrub and by once in a while I mean once a month when I happen to remember it when I'm having my bath
Hehehehe

Sometimes I de use aloe Vera sha

But na Vaseline be my cream.
Na my pikin wipes I de use clean off my makeup sef if laziness de do me to wash the face for night
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
babythug:

lol please come and share none the less! We have notebooks on stand by smiley
I'll be back. Lil busy now
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
I'll be posting in bits at a time with pictures for recommendation/examples.

1) the basics.

Good nutrition, hydration, enough sleep (at least 7hours) and cleanliness. I think these go without saying but I'm gonna say it anyway. Because a lot of people don't observe these. Infact I'm guilty of not drinking enough water and I'm sort of an insomniac.

Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I'm proud to say I eat my veggies. cheesy. But be careful with fruits if you have or are at risk for diabetes. The Vitamins and minerals in them are great for skin.
However I'm no longer a big fan of fruits. So I use supplements to make up for them. (Pic attached).
These are nice.

If you're on routine medications, Ask your doctor if it's okay to take any supplements before you begin. This is only a recommendation not a prescription.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
If you use makeup, cleansing your face with soap and water alone is not enough.

I don't joke with cleansing because makeup can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Big problem once they start. They take a long time to go away.

Use eye makeup remover for your eye area because the skin around the eyes is particularly fragile. There are formulas made specifically for the eye area.
Then use regular cleanser for other areas of your face and neck.

Pic attached. the eye makeup remover has to state on it that it's made for the eye area.

I had been making the mistake of using general face products around my eyes and always had bags/dark circles under my eyes until I learned this.

However I don't really recommend this Sephora eye makeup remover. In my opinion it didn't work that great. I was trying to be cheap at the time ($10). Thank goodness it's almost finished. I'll go back to Chanel (which I highly recommend).
This is just to show you guys an example.
Read reviews before you purchase any product.

I also recommend the marykay face cleanser. It's good too. More affordable than Chanel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Sunscreen.
Big deal.
ALWAYS. WEAR. SUNSCREEN

To prevent hyper-pigmentation and reduce your chances of developing skin cancer.

As a rule I don't stay out in the direct sunlight for more than 30mins at a stretch. Most sunscreen only protect you against direct sunlight for no more than 1 hour after application. Carry a small tube in your purse for reapplication on exposed body parts (arms,legs and neck etc)

I wear sunscreen on my face before makeup but since I can't reapply without ruining my makeup, I use a hat when I'm going to be in the sun for longer than 30mins. But generally I try to avoid direct sunlight. I know it will hard to do this if you live in a tropical area. So always have your hat to protect your face.
There are cooling mists that contain sunscreen you can spray on your face without ruining your makeup.
I don't have pictures of any of those because I don't use them.

But here's a few of the sunscreen brands I use for now.

I recommend marykay (for your face) because it's more affordable ($32). Last at least 6 weeks for me. All you need is a little to mix in with your moisturizer.

While Lancôme is great, I usually don't recommend it because it's a little pricier ($98-$225) depending on the size you want to buy.
That one in the picture is a gift I got from from Macy's. They are nice to me cheesy

You can use any generic brand from any reputable pharmacy or beauty store for other parts of your body. Last picture is one I got from Walgreen's for like $11 and it lasted all summer. Still half full. If it doesn't expire, I'll still use it next summer

1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
Brb
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
4) miscellaneous facial care

a) eye cream. Use a different cream for your eye area. Made specifically for that area. The skin around the eyes are very thin hence it needs tender love. Like I said before I learned this late but I'm glad I did eventually. There's a huge difference now.
When applying the eye cream, use your ring finger and go in circles gently around the upper and lower lids. The ring finger is the weakest finger of them all. That means it doesn't exert as much pressure on the skin there. I use Lancôme eye cream and Chanel. Both are very good but if you're on a budget, seek alternative brands. However be wary with new brands that haven't had time to prove themselves.

b) I use a lip mask on my lips because I used to suffer from dry lips. My lips would peel and sometimes even crack and bleed. Especially during the cold season. I apply marykay lip mask and rub it in until it's dry. Then rinse off before applying lip makeup. Not necessary for anyone who doesn't have dry lips problem. But this works awesomely for me. Wish I'd started it sooner

c) Don't scrimp on face moisturizers. Everyone needs this. I can't say it enough. You will see wrinkles start appearing before you're ready if you don't moisturize. I recommend marykay because once again it's the more affordable brand that I'm familiar with. I've used it and it works good. However I personally swear by Estée Lauder and Chanel moisturizers. I always buy them except when I'm on a budget. But each jar lasts a long time anyway so it always worth it. If you do nothing for your skin, at least moisturize. Important

1 Share

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Continue later. Had a semi hectic day
Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by Ginaz(f): 12:22am On Sep 25, 2017
cococandy:
Continue later. Had a semi hectic day

Only one person go use all this products? shocked shocked shocked

Me I use only kernel oil and black soap, bath once in a day if I'm at home cos I can't be bathing anyhow when I'm in the house, when my body is not dirty, when I didn't step out of the house and not sweaty. shocked

My routine is very simple.

The day I'm under house arrest I bath once in a day. Our skin is very delicate, too much soaping and creaming disrupt our skin's natural barrier. You can check it on Google too, it is scientifically proven.

When I step out, I bath twice, in the morning without my sponge cos my skin is still quite clean. I bath with sponge at night.

No special treatment on my face...I don't makeup.

I scrub once in a while with sugar on my face. I eat anyhow food except junks...drink water(but not much, I want to change embarassed)

I eat lots of groundnut o, oily food too. I guess I'm just lucky to have a skin that is tolerant. grin

I exercise alot (at least I do good)

Overall. I do not have problems with my skin.

1 Like

Re: If You Got Beautiful Skin Please Share Your Routine Here by cococandy(f): 12:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Awesome.

I bathe twice a day. Can't sleep without doing it. It's like a ritual for me.

You know same things don't work for everyone. This is what works for me. Lucky you that you only need kernel oil and black soap.

Ginaz:

Only one person go use all this products? shocked shocked shocked

Me I use only kernel oil and black soap, bath once in a day if I'm at home cos I can't be bathing anyhow when I'm in the house, when my body is not dirty, when I didn't step out of the house and not sweaty. shocked

My routine is very simple.

The day I'm under house arrest I bath once in a day. Our skin is very delicate, too much soaping and creaming disrupt our skin's natural barrier. You can check it on Google too, it is scientifically proven.

When I step out, I bath twice, in the morning without my sponge cos my skin is still quite clean. I bath with sponge at night.

No special treatment on my face...I don't makeup.

I scrub once in a while with sugar on my face. I eat anyhow food except junks...drink water(but not much, I want to change embarassed)

I eat lots of groundnut o, oily food too. I guess I'm just lucky to have a skin that is tolerant. grin

I exercise alot (at least I do good)

Overall. I do not have problems with my skin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Do This Hairstyle All In The Name Of Fashion / Let Learn Sewing. / What is "Atutupoyoyo"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.