Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction (829 Views)

Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn" / Alien Abduction: Freaky Or Fiction? / Yoruba Story Of Creation. Fact Or Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by DeLioncourt: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2016
The Codex Gigax also called the devil's bible, is the only religious book accredited to the Devil.
It is the largest manuscript ever found on earth (almost a metre long and weighing about the same as an average adult). It was once considered the 8th wonder if the world and it contains a combination of text existing nowhere else...mysteries, magic spells and medicinal cures.
It is said to be a product of a pact with the devil made by a monk to save his life and ownership of the book is said to bring misery and destruction.
It has brought ruin to two monasteries and I purported to have caused the bubonic plague (the black death). And the deaths brought about the infamous select monastery that is almost entirely built using human bones.

What do you guys think?? Is this fact? Or just more madness concocted by man..
Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by ifenes(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2016
It is a medieval book "claimed" to be written by a monk who broke his vows. He got locked up and was meant to be there till his death as a punishment. He made a deal with the monetary that he will write a book that contained all knowledge in the world.

During this time was when Christianity and ridiculous beliefs in god,angels,demons and blaming people for witchery were very strong. The fact that a monk,due to his artistic nature painted and gave an unusual, very dark illustration of the devil and the fact that the level of illiteracy was at its highest....well obviously a world full of illiterates are usually easiest to manipulate and can accept with their deepest fear that it was the devil's bible

It was never a devil's bible but a very good writer,story teller,artist among millions of medieval illiterates. Mind you it was full of exaggeration.

2 Likes

Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by DeLioncourt: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:
It is a medieval book "claimed" to be written by a monk who broke his vows. He got locked up and was meant to be there till his death as a punishment. He made a deal with the monetary that he will write a book that contained all knowledge in the world.

During this time was when Christianity and ridiculous beliefs in god,angels,demons and blaming people for witchery were very strong. The fact that a monk,due to his artistic nature painted and gave an unusual, very dark illustration of the devil and the fact that the level of illiteracy was at its highest....well obviously a world full of illiterates are usually easiest to manipulate and can accept with their deepest fear that it was the devil's bible

It was never a devil's bible but a very good writer,story teller,artist among millions of medieval illiterates. Mind you it was full of exaggeration.

You make it sound like you have previewed or fully viewed the contents of the book. I hear it is currently resident in Sweden tho
Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by ifenes(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeLioncourt:

You make it sound like you have previewed or fully viewed the contents of the book. I hear it is currently resident in Sweden tho

The original is in Sweden, but copies are in the French and British library , even online.
Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by DeLioncourt: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:

The original is in Sweden, but copies are in the French and British library , even online.

I doubt the authenticity of those online copies jare. Besides, many of them usually copy from other online sources so you never know what's authentic online. I hear it's almost impossible to access the original copy
Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by ogyunging(m): 3:49am On Feb 16, 2018
Something came to mind reading this. Some books are meant to be looked at from a distance and appreciated while some books are meant to be opened and read. I neva read bhagavad gita or bible finish na dis wan... Jump and pass...
Re: The Codex Gigax -The Devil's Bible... Fact Or Fiction by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Mar 07
DeLioncourt:
■ I doubt the authenticity of those online copies jare. Besides, many of them usually copy from other online sources so you never know what's authentic online. I hear it's almost impossible to access the original copy.
Have you ever read the book yourself? Or you simply wish to cast down the opinions of others who may have all because you wish to believe in the claims that it contains mysteries and magic? undecided

(1) (Reply)

The End Is Around The Corner! (this Is My Dream...) / What Do You Say About This( Mark 10 Vs 8-12) / Photos: Anthony Joshua Is Hit By Shocking Anti-muslim Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.